Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add # dynamically to log file Post 302535642 by styno on Friday 1st of July 2011 10:31:01 AM
Old 07-01-2011
why don't you just populate a seperate file?

Code:
for file in `cat list`
do
   ... get the file
   if [ $? -eq 0 ]
    then echo #$file >> list2
   fi
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamically linked file

Hi friends , how do i view a dynamically linked file in unix ? its there on other system and do i have to ftp it in ASCII format or binary ? and after the ftp how do i view it ? thanks in advance veeras (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sveera
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dynamically linked file

Hi friends, i have a dynamically linked file on my solaris system.this is script that runs regularly. How can i read the contents of that ? when i tried to say "vi filename " then it says executable and nothing is seen. Please help. thanks in advance Veera (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Spliting the file dynamically

i am creating the file , when this file reaches the size 2 GB, i need one message or fire (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically locating a file

Hi, I have a requriement where in I need to install a s/w by executing the installable file through a script. The script currently contains the path of the installable file. I need to now update the script accordingly such tht it identifies the location of the installable file automatically and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yoursdavinder
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to dynamically create a file

I'm trying to write a script that generates a file of varying size filled with random text and am having some difficulties. The major problems are that I'm limited to csh and a lot of the systems I have to run this on don't have a /dev/random (so a wrapper around the dd if=/dev/random or dd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: stareja
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read a file dynamically

Hi my requriment is read the file name dynamically my code is #!/bin/sh file="/c/work/loan/" Header_Trailer_move() { sed '1d;$d' $file| cat >sam.txt } Header_Trailer_move in above given path my list of files or there i have to read file dyanamically when i entered particular file name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgoud
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically creating file names from portions of another file name

Not sure how to do the following, but any help would be appreciated. Has to be done using C shell (sorry about that). I have about 300 files that I need this done for, but I am only going to give one example. I will just need to know how to execute your solution through some type of loop to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dynamically add paths to inotify

I have initiated an inotify process with --fromfile option and the file contain the paths to be monitored. /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotifywait -d -r -o /usr/local/maldetect/inotify/inotify_log --fromfile /usr/local/maldetect/sess/inotify.paths.28364 --exclude (^/var/tmp/mysql.sock)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically split file

Hi guys, I have a file with 10000 entries (there are 2 columns. the first column contains the the product name and the second column contains the quantity of each product). I would like to split this file into 5 different files. I want the 1st entry to go to the fileA the 2nd entry to fileB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coweb
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)