Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue regarding dos2unix perl script Post 302535239 by saps19 on Thursday 30th of June 2011 12:06:02 PM
Old 06-30-2011
Issue regarding dos2unix perl script

Hi All,

I have pearl script which will check and convert the file:
Code:
INFO("dos2unix_cmds".$#{$dos2unix_cmds});  
  if ( $#{$dos2unix_cmds} == 0 ) {
    my $convert_cmd =  $$dos2unix_cmds[0][0];
    my $rename_cmd  =  $$dos2unix_cmds[0][1];
    --conversion going here
else 
     INFO ("No need to convert... skipping this step.")

Now, here the value of $dos2unix_cmds is
Code:
dos2unix -437 -q <some_file_nm>

However it is going to else section, and my file still has ^M char!

Please help.
Please let me know if more info required.

Thanks, Saptarshi

---------- Post updated at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:09 AM ----------

One more thing, what does "$#" and "$$" mean in perl?

Last edited by pludi; 06-30-2011 at 08:28 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling dos2unix on shell script from within the script

I have a build script. It was created on Linux. For some reason, I got it to windows and modified it. And brought it back again to Linux. Since there is the question of the ^M chars appearing, the way out is to do a dos2unix on the script file. This is done manually. Is there a way to call... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dos2unix - editing script - Help Urgent Please

Hi this is my first time on this forum so sorry if I posted this to the wrong area. I need help with the following. I have a basic FormMail cgi script I use. When I upload the script using filezilla, there is one line in the script that changes. The line should read &get_date; instead it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lydp101
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Issue - Please Help * Thanks!!!

Please help me with my script please. I am trying to do the following: 1. Read files for the current directory 2. Open and read from nbe files files only 3. Read only the lines with the results pattern 4. Split the line and print 3rd field Please indicate what line I need to modify. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jroberson
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

dos2unix

hi, need some urgent inputs..... I have a folder, which has both files and directories as its contents. I want to convert all the files (Excluding the directories) from dos to unix mode using the command 'dos2unix'..... please can any one help me in providing the command to convert... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script issue. What am I doing wrong?

#!/usr/local/bin/perl open (MYFILE, 'logs_report'); while (<MYFILE>) { $rec=$_; chomp ($rec); @arr=split(/ /,$rec); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); open (MYF, '>data.txt'); print $rec,"\n" if ($arr!~/OK/); close (MYF); (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script issue: print

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with my perl script? I am new to Perl. This isn't even the final script, I'm just testing to see if it will print the directories with the files in it. For some reason my output is only printing the 1st, 6th, and last entries of the @sub_dir array. Each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: man
3 Replies

7. Web Development

Accessing a Perl CGI script, security issue

Hi Everybody, I was wondering if it was possible for someone to gain access to my Perl CGI scripts before they are interpreted by Perl (mod_perl on apache2) i.e. getting a hold of my raw scripts and not the html output? Let's say I use the DBI module where I have the hostname, user and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: z1dane
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script issue

Hi All, I have a perl script which I am using in Windows environment. There is one more file called "functions.txt" which is having all the functions defined to used in my perl script. And the path for this function file is defined in my perl script. Howeever sometimes I am getting below error... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Oracle Linux issue - all files FTPed to it from windows need to to be processed with dos2UNIX

Hello Friends, I have observed one recent issue about ftp from windows to Linux. Initially we had Solaris unix and any file sent from windows to solaris via ftp (binary or ascii) worked smoothly. Say for e.g if I sent a shell script to soalris from windows, that script used to run corectly.... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Albert_Pinto7
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script exits when using UNIX2dos / dos2UNIX

I'm not sure why but my script quits automatically at the point where unix2dos / dos2unix command is used. :confused::confused::confused: How do a fix it? LOG_FILE=MADDY.txt unix2dos ${LOG_FILE} exec 2> $LOG_FILE 1>&2 echo ${LOG_FILE} The script exists after the below... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies
dos2unix(1)							   User Commands						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - convert text file from DOS format to ISO format SYNOPSIS
dos2unix [-ascii] [-iso] [-7] [-437 | -850 | -860 | -863 | -865] originalfile convertedfile DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix utility converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard characters. This command can be invoked from either DOS or SunOS. However, the filenames must conform to the conventions of the environment in which the command is invoked. If the original file and the converted file are the same, dos2unix will rewrite the original file after converting it. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -ascii Removes extra carriage returns and converts end of file characters in DOS format text files to conform to SunOS require- ments. -iso This is the default. It converts characters in the DOS extended character set to the corresponding ISO standard charac- ters. -7 Converts 8 bit DOS graphics characters to 7 bit space characters so that SunOS can read the file. On non-i386 systems, dos2unix will attempt to obtain the keyboard type to determine which code page to use. Otherwise, the default is US. The user may override the code page with one of the following options: -437 Use US code page -850 Use multilingual code page -860 Use Portuguese code page -863 Use French Canadian code page -865 Use Danish code page OPERANDS
The following operands are required: originalfile The original file in DOS format that is being converted to ISO format. convertedfile The new file in ISO format that has been converted from the original DOS file format. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1), ls(1), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
File filename not found, or no read permission The input file you specified does not exist, or you do not have read permission. Check with the SunOS command, ls -l (see ls(1)). Bad output filename filename, or no write permission The output file you specified is either invalid, or you do not have write permission for that file or the directory that contains it. Check also that the drive or diskette is not write-protected. Error while writing to temporary file An error occurred while converting your file, possibly because there is not enough space on the current drive. Check the amount of space on the current drive using the DIR command. Also be certain that the default diskette or drive is write-enabled (not write-pro- tected). Notice that when this error occurs, the original file remains intact. Translated temporary file name = filename. Could not rename temporary file to filename. The program could not perform the final step in converting your file. Your converted file is stored under the name indicated on the second line of this message. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 2000 dos2unix(1)