Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please help me to write the script Post 302535165 by itkamaraj on Thursday 30th of June 2011 02:58:12 AM
Old 06-30-2011
Code:
find var/hr/payments/ -mtime +7 -exec rm -f {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Need to write my first script

Hi Folks! I am a MacUser and am trying to learn Unix for the last few months. I will explain in detail what I am trying to do, and apreciate you help if you can teach me even if it is a single comand line inside the script. I own a small company, where I manufacture special gypsums and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fundidor
5 Replies

2. AIX

How to write script for this ?

Hi All, I want to read username and lastupdate only from /etc/security/passwd and write the same data to another file: The data in /etc/security/passwd will be in this form for example: For more details : http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/aix/files/aixfiles/passwd_security.htm#A1219924 smith:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_haroon
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me to write the script

Actually i am working with two diffrent files having same structure each file contain Ten diffrent column and i want to write a script which will compare the colummns of first file with the column of second file and diiference will be send to the first column of third file . similarly for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gyana_cboy
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please write this script for me

UNIX shell script (Bourne shell syntax) called admin_script. This script is described below as a usage summary: admin_script Note: if no options are specified, a menu is displayed which allows users to perform one of the following tasks and then exit. If incorrect options are provided,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadman123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should I write a PERL Script or Shell Script?

Hello, I have done some BASIC shell scripting/PERL scripting before so I am familiar with the languages. I am not really sure which one would lend itself better to the application I have to write. I am required to scan the message logs for possible break in attempts. If I use shell scripting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Better way to write this script

Hi All, I have written the following script. I have just repeated some commands, and I am sure there is a more better way to do it. I hope I one of gurus here will help me make it in a better shape. Here is the script: #! /bin/sh sed -i -e "s/test2.xxx/test3.xxx/" -e "s/output2/output3/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Help - Another Way To Write This

I am adapting an Open Step ping server script to Ubuntu 8.10 and one section of my script isn't working # if there are servers that just went down or came back up, notify # with high importance if ; then echo notifying of servers that are up again or just now down notify high # if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbxfan
2 Replies

8. AIX

how to write this script?

If I need delete some disk, for i in hdisk1 hdisk2 hdisk3 hdisk4 do rmdev -dl $i done if I have more than 100 hdisks, how to write a script like that to delete them? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Q: How to write this script?

Hi there :rolleyes: I have a folder called backup it is path is: ~/backup Inside this folder, there are four files: ~/backup/test1.cpp ~/backup/test2.cpp ~/backup/test3.cpp ~/backup/PATHS.TXT The fourth file PATHS.TXT contains the original paths for the three files. This is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: domain
4 Replies

10. IP Networking

read/write,write/write lock with smbclient fails

Hi, We have smb client running on two of the linux boxes and smb server on another linux system. During a backup operation which uses smb, read of a file was allowed while write to the same file was going on.Also simultaneous writes to the same file were allowed.Following are the settings in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swatidas11
1 Replies
NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)														 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)

NAME
npm-run-script - Run arbitrary package scripts SYNOPSIS
npm run-script <command> [--silent] [-- <args>...] alias: npm run DESCRIPTION
This runs an arbitrary command from a package's "scripts" object. If no "command" is provided, it will list the available scripts. run[-script] is used by the test, start, restart, and stop commands, but can be called directly, as well. When the scripts in the package are printed out, they're separated into lifecycle (test, start, restart) and directly-run scripts. As of ` https://blog.npmjs.org/post/98131109725/npm-2-0-0, you can use custom arguments when executing scripts. The special option -- is used by getopt https://goo.gl/KxMmtG to delimit the end of the options. npm will pass all the arguments after the -- directly to your script: npm run test -- --grep="pattern" The arguments will only be passed to the script specified after npm run and not to any pre or post script. The env script is a special built-in command that can be used to list environment variables that will be available to the script at run- time. If an "env" command is defined in your package, it will take precedence over the built-in. In addition to the shell's pre-existing PATH, npm run adds node_modules/.bin to the PATH provided to scripts. Any binaries provided by locally-installed dependencies can be used without the node_modules/.bin prefix. For example, if there is a devDependency on tap in your package, you should write: "scripts": {"test": "tap test/*.js"} instead of "scripts": {"test": "node_modules/.bin/tap test/*.js"} to run your tests. The actual shell your script is run within is platform dependent. By default, on Unix-like systems it is the /bin/sh command, on Windows it is the cmd.exe. The actual shell referred to by /bin/sh also depends on the system. As of ` https://github.com/npm/npm/releases/tag/v5.1.0 you can customize the shell with the script-shell configuration. Scripts are run from the root of the module, regardless of what your current working directory is when you call npm run. If you want your script to use different behavior based on what subdirectory you're in, you can use the INIT_CWD environment variable, which holds the full path you were in when you ran npm run. npm run sets the NODE environment variable to the node executable with which npm is executed. Also, if the --scripts-prepend-node-path is passed, the directory within which node resides is added to the PATH. If --scripts-prepend-node-path=auto is passed (which has been the default in npm v3), this is only performed when that node executable is not found in the PATH. If you try to run a script without having a node_modules directory and it fails, you will be given a warning to run npm install, just in case you've forgotten. You can use the --silent flag to prevent showing npm ERR! output on error. You can use the --if-present flag to avoid exiting with a non-zero exit code when the script is undefined. This lets you run potentially undefined scripts without breaking the execution chain. SEE ALSO
o npm help 7 scripts o npm help test o npm help start o npm help restart o npm help stop o npm help 7 config January 2019 NPM-RUN-SCRIPT(1)