Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Plz help me with linked filesystems...thx Post 302535106 by Harleyrci on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 08:48:51 PM
Old 06-29-2011
Plz help me with linked filesystems...thx

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise

I need sys-admin help from someone. I have 2 file systems that are both mounted
/CV and /eabatch. under /eabatch/in/data is a hardlink to to /CV/in/data

lrwxrwxrwx 1 batchop batchtaa 11 Mar 6 2009 data -> /CV/in/data

I've been asked to remove the link and copy all the files from /CV/in/data to /eabatch/in/data. Although this seems straight forward, are there any issues or considerations I need to be aware of ? My plan was to make a copy of all the files in /CV/in/data before I remove the link.

---------- Post updated at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 PM ----------

If I remove the link from /eabatch will that delete /cv/in/data?
Harleyrci

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystems

my partner change the server's ip address and now i can't to mount the oracle's filesystem, what i do? i don't want to reinstall Unix. My unix is SCO UNIX 5.0.5 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: marun
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filesystems GT 95%

Hi How can I only print the file systems that are more than 95% full. I used the df -k output and tried to check for each file system and then print only the ones that meet the criteria... But my solution seems cloodgie ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: YS2002
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any way to see what and who is linked to file?

Hello like the topic says... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me do a small program!! THX

Write a shell script (to run on the Bourne shell) that runs an infinite loop to check every 5 seconds to report on who logs into and who logs out of a UNIX system. Without loss of practical significance of this little utility, we can ignore multiple logins from the same user during a time period of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydragon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with AWK - urgent - Thx

Hi, I have the following code (I inherited and am new to awk): nawk -F, '{OFS=","; print $1,$2,"0000"$3" ",$4" PH",$6," PAYROLL HOURS USD ",$5,$7,$8}' /tmp/payfile > /tmp/paywork1 Q: How do I modify this so that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtn17
6 Replies

7. Programming

Help with linked list in C

i have this code typedef struct client_list { char *client_name; struct client_list * next; int client_socket_fd; } client; client *current, *head; head = NULL; char *h="test"; add_client(current, h, head, &client_socket_fd); ... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

filesystems > 70%

I need a scrip that will show me the filesystems that are greater than 70%...but not sure how to filter using the df -h | grep Thank you for your help!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linked Servers

Hi, We have 2 UNIX Servers, say test1 and test2. Here, if I create a file or folder/delete a file or folder in the 1st server, it gets reflected automatically in the 2nd server. I don't think any links are established between these 2 servers. Both these have 2 different hostnames. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

10. Programming

Help with linked list.

#include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> struct LinkedList { int val; struct LinkedList *next; }node; /*Creating a structure variable*/ typedef struct LinkedList Node; Node *start = NULL; int create(int i) { Node *temp = NULL; if (start == NULL) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
5 Replies
filesystem(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					     filesystem(7)

NAME
filesystem - event signalling that filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
filesystem [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The filesystem event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once filesystems are mounted might use: start on filesystem SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) mountall 2009-12-21 filesystem(7)