Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How Can I share a socket between childs? Post 302535080 by serpens11 on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 03:08:28 PM
Old 06-29-2011
Hi!!
No, because I did a lot of changes these days... for example, now I'm trying to do with pipes, but I can describe.

I create a struct, and then I shared with shared memory, struct was this:

Code:
typedef struct _clients{
        char login[7];
        int fd;
        int stat;
}clients[3];

And struct and shared memory works good (tested).

My server is listening connections, when connection arrives then forks and the client go to child. Before fork, I saved value of "fd_client = accept(sock,0,0);" into struct client[0]->fd=fd_client;

Then, when another children needs to write in the socket of another child, I search in the struct the fd of the another child, because I know he's login. Then I call write(fd,"test",4);

Problem? word "test" is send to the actual child, and I can see in his screen the word "test", when I need to write this "test" in the screen of the other child.

Now, seeing this, maybe I need to save value of "sock" instead "fd_client"??

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to kill a process and its childs given pid and userid

I need to write a shell script which would take 2 arguments pid , userid. Then it should kill all the child process under it. If a child process is not killed then it should wait for 1 minute and should kill. can anybody give me the idea to write it? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani_g
0 Replies

2. Programming

share file descriptor between childs

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include <signal.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <string.h> #define BUFF_SIZE 256 #define CHILDS 4 #define DATAFILE "Client_Files.txt" void worker(int n);... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlcpereira
3 Replies

3. Programming

forking. sharing global data in childs

hi, i want to write a code for forking 3 4 child. n wants that every child process one of the account from global account list. i wrote a program for that, but problem is every child is processing every account in list. what can me done to avoid it. attaching code with it #include <stdio.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anup13
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

connect problem for sctp socket (ipv6 socket) - Runtime fail Invalid Arguments

Hi, I was porting ipv4 application to ipv6; i was done with TCP transports. Now i am facing problem with SCTp transport at runtime. To test SCTP transport I am using following server and client socket programs. Server program runs fine, but client program fails giving Invalid Arguments for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrutiptur
0 Replies

5. Programming

Need help with fork, forking multiple childs and shared memory

Hi all, I m writing an application, where i need to fork multiple childs and those child should handle particular task given to them. More descriptive. For example, suppose i have 4 Network, each network has multiple nodes. Now on the basis of network child should be forked and these child... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: helpmeforlinux
8 Replies

6. Linux

To share socket fd between two process

Hello every one i am implementing client server program.To handle multiple fds of client in server i used poll function.But this poll not able to access socket fd from other process.How can i share socket fd between two process. Please Help me,Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
1 Replies

7. Programming

Share socket fd between two processes

Hello every one i am implementing client server program.To handle multiple fds of client in server i used poll function.But this poll not able to access socket fd from other process.How can i share socket fd between two process. Please Help me,Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrew.paul
3 Replies

8. Programming

waiting for multiple childs - C - waitpid

Hi gurus, I would like to fork more children and then write their return values: so far I tried: #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> int main(void) { pid_t pid; int rv=0, i; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
5 Replies

9. IP Networking

Clarification - Setting socket options at the same time when socket is listening

I need clarification on whether it is okay to set socket options on a listening socket simultaneously when it is being used in an accept() call? Following is the scenario:- -- Task 1 - is executing in a loop - polling a listen socket, lets call it 'fd', (whose file descriptor is global)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jake24
2 Replies

10. Programming

Pipe between Childs

Hey guys, I have to make a C program that simulates this command : cat (files here) | sort > file.txt So, I start and create a pipe. Then create the first child. This first child will execute the Cat through the pipe. Then create a second child that will execute sort, with input from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poppo
4 Replies
GCSTAR(1)							Linux User's Manual							 GCSTAR(1)

NAME
GCstar - Personal collection manager SYNOPSIS
gcstar [-u UPDATE-OPTIONS] [-x EXECUTE-OPTIONS] [FILENAME] DESCRIPTION
GCstar is a Gtk2 program used to manage personal collections. OPTIONS
Without any option, it will open FILENAME if specified or the previously opened file. There are also two groups of options. UPDATE-OPTIONS -u, --update Tell GCstar to look for available updates -a, --all Update all components -c, --collection Update collection models -w, --website Update plugins to download information -i, --import Update plugins to import data -e, --export Update plugins to export data -l, --lang Update translations -n, --noproxy Don't ask for a proxy EXECUTE-OPTIONS -x, --execute Enter non-interactive mode -c, --collection MODEL Specify the collection type -w, --website PLUGIN Specify the plugin to use to download information -i, --import PLUGIN Specify the plugin to use to import a collection -e, --export PLUGIN Specify the plugin to use to export the collection -f, --fields FILENAME File containing fields list to use for import/export -o, --output FILENAME Write output in FILENAME instead of standard output --download TITLE Search for the item with TITLE as name --importprefs PREFERENCES Preferences for the import plugin --exportprefs PREFERENCES Preferences for the export plugin Preferences for import/export plugins are specified using this schema Key1=>Value1,Key2=>Value2 ENVIRONMENT
HOME Used to define following variables if needed XDG_CONFIG_HOME Where configuration files should be stored. If not defined: $HOME/.config XDG_DATA_HOME Where some data will be stored. If not defined: $HOME/.local/share BUGS REPORTING
To report bugs, please use this forum: http://forums.gcstar.org/viewforum.php?id=4 AUTHORS
Tian <tian@c-sait.net> http://www.gcstar.org/ GCstar 17 August 2006 GCSTAR(1)