Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to check Oracle tablespace Post 302535026 by DGPickett on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 11:44:29 AM
Old 06-29-2011
I never liked << for most literal to stdin, preferring "echo ' ... '| ", as single quotes are pretty much all literal. You can escape $ with \, if you like << that much.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Check version of Oracle

Hi All, Please advice me how i can check the Oracle version on my UNIX Solaris machine without logging in to oracle? Thanks, Am (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to find the tablespace size in oracle.

Hi, I need to execute a script to find the tablespace size in oracle.But i get an error.:confused: Script Executed:- #!/bin/ksh ORACLE_SID= oracelinstance ORACLE_HOME= oracle path PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID ORACLE_HOME PATH sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vighna
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne script: Check for root and oracle user

I have 2 separate Bourne shell scripts with 2 questions in Sun O/S & UNIX environment. Question 1: One of the scripts is supposed to be executed by "root" user only but cannot be executed after user executes "su - oracle". How can I check in the script whether the current user is "root" user?... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: totziens
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a shell script to edit a tablespace creation script.

Hi, CREATE TABLESPACE aps_blob_large01 DATAFILE '/c2r6u13/u03/oradata/qnoldv01/aps_blob_large0101.dbf' SIZE X 270532608 REUSE DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 134217728 NEXT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rparavastu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in script path for tablespace usage

Hi , I am trying to run this script in crontab but I get errors. When I run it explicitly like ./monitor_tblsp from another location then it runs fine . I am messing somewhere with paths but I don't know where and how . Please help . Here is the error part ./monitor_tblsp: touch: not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capri_drm
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

alias to a shell script - tablespace size

I have developed the following shell script. The idea was to create an alias to execute it and return the tablespaces and their sizes from an oracle database. When I execute is via the alias, I have issues. So, here is the script first: > cat ts_size.sh #!/bin/ksh xwhere=" " xwild=" "... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: desibabu
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

tablespace monitoring script

I have prepared the below script to monitor the tablespace and alert the users whenever it reaches a threshold limit. #!/bin/sh . /home/.profile sqlplus -s $LOGON << .eof > $scripts/check_tablespace.temp set pages 0 select tablespace_name, free_percent from ( SELECT... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in Scripting to monitor tablespace in Oracle DB

Buddies, I am writing the below script 'tab.sh' to monitor the tablespaces in Database:- ------------------------------- export ORACLE_HOME=/home/oracle/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_2 export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin export ORACLE_SID=orcl sqlplus system/oracle as sysdba <<EOF spool... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip250382
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to check if Oracle table exists

I am trying to write a script which allows a user to select the what manipulation he needs to do on a table. I want to check if the table exists or not. If it exists I will continue the other things or else I exit saying table doesn't exist. How might I achieve this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gmatcat
1 Replies

10. Programming

Tablespace growth trend

Hi experts, I have the below details with me.How to calculate the tablespace growth between two dates. sample data(have data upto 1 year): INSTANCE_NAME DATE TABLESPACE_NAME MB_ALLOC MB_FREE MB_USED PCT_FREE PCT_USED MAX ---------------- ---------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navsan420
1 Replies
CREATE 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLESPACE(7) NAME
CREATE TABLESPACE - define a new tablespace SYNOPSIS
CREATE TABLESPACE tablespacename [ OWNER username ] LOCATION 'directory' DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLESPACE registers a new cluster-wide tablespace. The tablespace name must be distinct from the name of any existing tablespace in the database cluster. A tablespace allows superusers to define an alternative location on the file system where the data files containing database objects (such as tables and indexes) can reside. A user with appropriate privileges can pass tablespacename to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX or ADD CONSTRAINT to have the data files for these objects stored within the specified tablespace. PARAMETERS
tablespacename The name of a tablespace to be created. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. username The name of the user who will own the tablespace. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create tablespaces, but they can assign ownership of tablespaces to non-superusers. directory The directory that will be used for the tablespace. The directory must be empty and must be owned by the PostgreSQL system user. The directory must be specified by an absolute path name. NOTES
Tablespaces are only supported on systems that support symbolic links. CREATE TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
Create a tablespace dbspace at /data/dbs: CREATE TABLESPACE dbspace LOCATION '/data/dbs'; Create a tablespace indexspace at /data/indexes owned by user genevieve: CREATE TABLESPACE indexspace OWNER genevieve LOCATION '/data/indexes'; COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)], DROP TABLESPACE [drop_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE TABLESPACE(7)