Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation Post 302534808 by agama on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 09:16:57 PM
Old 06-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aavam
agama...i see two addiotnal files declare and decryptdir when i tab at my scriopt name.......i don't see those files when i do ls -al.... thoughts/suggestions... Thank you again for your time and support......aavam
I assume you're using tab command/filename completion from the command line. Unfortunately I cannot help you on that one... I don't use it so I'm not really sure what it's scope is.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Convert scientific notation to normal ?

Hell friends, I wrote a script gets the summation of particular column using awk. The awk output is given in scientific notation. How do I convert the scientific notation to normal. My awk syntax : awk '{sum += $2} END { printf sum }' temprep.txt Out put is like 1.5365e+07 I want it as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshsri
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scientific Notation

Hello there, I have a script that must be written in bash that has to deal with reading in values from a file (in scientific notation), and requires executing some mathematical operations with them. What is the easiest way to go about doing this/converting it to float to use | bc, etc.? ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_57
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rounding scientific notation

Hi Friends, I have following 50,000 records in .txt file. I need to round field 3, 4, & 5 to 3 decimal places. 11|A123|-2.64216408856E01|3.64216408856E01|4.64216408856E-01 11|A123|0|-5.64216408856E01|0 11|A123|0|0|0 11|A123|-99999999|-99999999|-99999999... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppat7046
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

IP Address Notation

In the IP addresses 193.32.156.0/24 and 169.183.0.0/16, what do the /16 and /24 represent? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unsure of sed notation (nu\\t.\*)

This piece of code is in a shell script I'm trying to modify to run on my system. sed s:nu\\t.\*:"nu=0" It's clearly a substitute script which replaces nu\\t.\* with nu = 0. What exactly does nu\\t.\* demarcate though-- I thought it was just the previous nu = xxxxx (which existed and is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: czar21
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

C-script notation

Just a very brief question, but I have a script written in a C-like language possibly tcl with the line set var ... ...All I want to know, is ** multiplication or is it exponentiation? What is the ** operator? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get rid of awk notation

echo 0.633588 1875 | awk '{print $1 * $2 * 1024}' is there a better way to run the above command? it keeps printing out in notation and i do not want that at all. when i run the above, i get: 1.21649e+06 OS: linux language:bash (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching notation

Hello, I want to simplify two commands into one. 1st command $type_log_$instance.log.$date.0012nd command $type_log.log.$date.tar.gzInto blue brackets, How do I do to replace the pattern by a blank or _$instance ? $type_log?_$instance].log.$date.*Thank you. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: amazigh42
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: scientific notation to decimal notation

hello folks, I have few values in a log which are in scientific notation. I am trying to convert into actual decimal format or integer but couldn't able to convert. Values in scientific notation: 1.1662986666666665E-4 2.0946799999999998E-4 3.0741333333333333E-6 5.599999999999999E-7... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert a numeric to 2 decimal point value

Hi , I have a file which contains text like A|Mau|Code|12|Detail B|Mau|Code|20|Header I want to write a command using awk which will output A|Mau|Code|12.00|Detail B|Mau|Code|20.00|Header I used a command like awk -F"|" {printf "%s|%s|%s|%.2f|%s",$1,$2,$3,$4,$5}' which does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
4 Replies
XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)										 XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)

NAME
XmTabListInsertTabs -- A convenience function that inserts tabs into a tab list SYNOPSIS
#include <Xm/Xm.h> XmTabList XmTabListInsertTabs( XmTabList oldlist, XmTab *tabs, Cardinal tab_count, int position); DESCRIPTION
XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list that includes the tabs in oldlist. This function copies specified tabs to the tab list at the given position. The first tab_count tabs of the tabs array are added to the tab list. If oldlist is NULL, XmTabListInsertTabs creates a new tab list containing only the tabs specified. oldlist Specifies the tab list to add the tabs to. The function deallocates oldlist after extracting the required information. tabs Specifies a pointer to the tabs to be added to the tab list. It is the caller's responsibility to free the tabs in tabs by using XmTabFree. tab_count Specifies the number of tabs in tabs. position Specifies the position of the first new tab in the tab list. A value of 0 (zero) makes the first new tab the first tab in the tab list, a value of 1 makes it the second tab, and so on. If position is greater than the number of tabs in oldlist, then the tabs will be inserted at the end. If position is negative, the count will be backwards from the end. A value of -1 makes the first new tab the last tab, and so on. RETURN
If tabs is NULL or tab_count is 0 (zero), this function returns oldlist. Otherwise, it returns a new tab list. The function allocates space to hold the returned tab list. The application is responsible for managing the allocated space. The application can recover the allocated space by calling XmTabListFree. RELATED
XmTabList(3) and XmTabListFree(3). XmTabListInsertTabs(library call)