Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: defaultrouter permissions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers defaultrouter permissions Post 302534744 by jtwcarboy on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 03:50:26 PM
Old 06-28-2011
Can you run the following commands and provide the output:

uname -a
ls -l /etc/defaultrouter
id
Also please attempt your chmod and vi of /etc/defaultrouter and let me see the output.

Also to make sure i understand you are just trying to set the default route on your solaris machine ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Location of defaultrouter file in Red Hat

Where is the file containing the default router in Red Hat 7.0? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help with permissions

Can anyone help explain the "s" in the below permissions example. I was reading about the "sticky bit" (t) but I am a little confused. On file "test" wolf% chmod 4777 test wolf% ls -l total 4 drwx------ 2 john staff 512 Mar 19 21:34 nsmail -rwsrwxrwx 1 john staff ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: finster
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/defaultrouter change without reboot

Hi I have had to change the defaultrouter of a production server. I have ammended /etc/defaultrouter to point to the new address but when I do a netstat -rn , it hasnt updated. Is there anyway I can apply this change without rebooting the system ?? regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

4. Solaris

different defaultrouter

can i specify more than one defaultrouter on the same solaris 9 box .??? If yes what are the side effects if any .? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppass
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions

Hi everyone, I'm looking for some information concerning Unix permissions. I am new to Unix and am doing research for a graduate class. Given the permissions below, can anyone give me five unique exploits that would be available to a hacker/cracker given this configuaration? -rw-rw-rw- 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skeeter
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

To give the "unzip" permissions & "create" file permissions

Hi, I am a Unix Admin. I have to give the permissions to a user for creating new file in a directory in HP-Ux 11.11 system since he cannot able to create a new file in the directory. Thanks in advance. Mike (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Defaultrouter not changing !!

Hi experts I have to change the default router of some system I tried changing by deleing the existing route by following line #route delete default 172.24.2.101 then I added executed the below line to add the new router #route add default 172.24.1.254 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

permissions

My /tmp is set with the following permissions (777) and a 't' at the end. My umask is set to 022. When I create a directory under /tmp (tmp/xx) it gets created as 755 as expected. Yet when I create a file within that directory (/tmp/xx/yy) the permissions are not 755 they are 644. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh; Change file permissions, update file, change permissions back?

Hi, I am creating a ksh script to search for a string of text inside files within a directory tree. Some of these file are going to be read/execute only. I know to use chmod to change the permissions of the file, but I want to preserve the original permissions after writing to the file. How can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: right_coaster
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with permissions

i am trying to write a simple script to move files from one folder to another and when i try to run the script i get permission errors. I am still new to all of this and permissions still confuse me. Can anyone shed some light? I have attached screenshots of my script in the middle. (which i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcrist84
3 Replies
Box(3I) 						    InterViews Reference Manual 						   Box(3I)

NAME
Box, HBox, VBox - tile interactors in a box SYNOPSIS
#include <InterViews/box.h> DESCRIPTION
A box is a scene of interactors that are tiled side-by-side in the available space. Interactors are placed left-to-right in a horizontal box, and top-to-bottom in a vertical box. A box will try to stretch or shrink the interactors inside it to fit the available space. The natural size of a box is the sum of its ele- ments along the major axis, and the maximum along its minor axis. A box's stretchability (shrinkability) is the sum of its elements along its major axis and the minimum of its elements along its minor axis. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
HBox(...) VBox(...) Create a new box. Zero to seven interactors may be passed as arguments; the interactors are inserted into the box. void Align(Alignment) Set the alignment mode that the box uses to place elements along the minor axis. The default alignment for an hbox is Bottom; other choices are Top and Center. The default alignment for a vbox is Left; other choices are Right and Center. void Insert(Interactor*) Append an interactor to the box. Components of an hbox (vbox) will appear left-to-right (top-to-bottom) in the order in which they are inserted. void Change(Interactor*) Notify the box that the given interactor's shape has changed. If change propagation is true, the box will modify its own shape to reflect the change and notify its parent. Regardless of propagation, the box will recompute the positions of the component interac- tors and update any that have changed. void Remove(Interactor*) Take an element of out a box. Remove does not cause any immediate change to the other components in the box; the Change operation must be called after one or more Removes to update the component positions. SEE ALSO
Glue(3I), Interactor(3I), Scene(3I), Shape(3I) InterViews 15 June 1987 Box(3I)