Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Issue with make, no rule to make target etc. Post 302534713 by DGPickett on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 02:35:22 PM
Old 06-28-2011
Well, either you did not make it, buy it, or place it where it can be seen by make. Often a missing or misplaced *.cpp/c or whatever means no *.o generated. Did you pray for a magic rename to some name inside a file? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make and clean in a single rule in the makefile.

Hi, This stems from the following thread https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=18299 I have a makefile which makes either executables or a shared library. i.e. make -f unix.mak will create the executables and make -f unix.mak libolsv will create the shared library. Since these have to be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9: make: Fatal error:Command failed for target

Hi everyone first of all you should know that I've been working with solaris for a few days only. :) I need to install some programs and I have had the following troubles: 1. When I used /.configure it showed the following message: "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" I included... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
2 Replies

3. Linux

make file_Configuration lookup disabled for target.

hello everyone, while i am compiling a c++ module.at the compilation end i am getting the following error. ======================= Configuration lookup disabled for target"/swtemp/usbs/cc/unix-ce/root/subsys/cb/cdbc/obj_0001/HP-UX//rdr_types.h" what does it mean.can somebody clarify the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make command failed for target 'obj/gp_unix.o'

hi, i am trying to run make command in solaris 9. its giving the error: make:Fatal error:Command failed for target 'obj/gp_unix.o' i came to know X11 should be inastalled for gp_unix.o.But it is already installed.still the same error. ./configure worked fine. can anybody please suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosalina
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To make sure I don't violate rule #7

I am hoping to find out if it is possible to use some sort of UNIX programming/scripting tools to solve a problem I have with reformatting email messages that are sent out of my IBM UNIX (AIX) system. I'm thinking some advanced awk/sed may work I do not have the time or the ability to do this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: toddk
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

make Fatal error: Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'

I am trying to install Expect 5.43 on my Solaris 10 x86 PC. When I run the make file I get - Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'. I tried to find the file (find / -name exp_inter.o -print 2>/dev/null) but could not. Where can I get this file from? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pazzy
2 Replies

7. Programming

compile fails in linux ... "No rule to make target" ... HELP

hello all, attached you can find a tool (written in C) that i really need to make it compile under linux i am able to compile and run it successfully in mac os x, but in linux the compilation fails the only thing that i did so far is to change the following #include <sys/malloc.h> to... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: OneDreamCloser
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Make - two target produced by one recipe

Suppose executable X produces files A and B from nothing, Y produces C from A, Z produces D from B, and my final goal is to produce C and D. I wrote the following makefile: .PHONY: all all: C D C: A Y A D: B Z B A B: X This makefile seems to reflect all dependencies, as it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ybelenky
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make - two wildcards in the target

Suppose I have a Makefile like this: x/Ax: x/Bx touch x/Ax y/Ay: y/By touch y/Ay z/Az: z/Bz touch z/Az It does not look like a proper style for make. I would like to write something like %/A%: %/B% touch %/A% but make does not accept it. What is a right way to shorten such a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ybelenky
1 Replies

10. Programming

Makefile No rule to make target

I am trying to create a makefile to build a program and am getting the following error: make -f tsimplex.mk make: *** No rule to make target `/main/tsimplex_main.cpp', needed by `tsimplex_main.o'. Stop. OPSYS = $(shell uname -s ) TARGET = tsimplex ROOTDIR = ../../.. GTSDIR =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies
DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)						     Debhelper							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)

NAME
       dh_auto_install - automatically runs make install or similar

SYNOPSIS
       dh_auto_install [buildsystemoptions] [debhelperoptions] [--params]

DESCRIPTION
       dh_auto_install is a debhelper program that tries to automatically install built files. It does so by running the appropriate command for
       the build system it detects the package uses. For example, if there's a Makefile and it contains a install target, then this is done by
       running make (or MAKE, if the environment variable is set). If there is a setup.py or Build.PL, it is used. Note that the Ant build system
       does not support installation, so dh_auto_install will not install files built using Ant.

Unless --destdir option is specified, the files are installed into debian/package/ if there is only one binary package. In the multiple
       binary package case, the files are instead installed into debian/tmp/, and should be moved from there to the appropriate package build
       directory using dh_install(1).

DESTDIR is used to tell make where to install the files.  If the Makefile was generated by MakeMaker from a Makefile.PL, it will
       automatically set PREFIX=/usr too, since such Makefiles need that.

This is intended to work for about 90% of packages. If it doesn't work, or tries to use the wrong install target, you're encouraged to skip
       using dh_auto_install at all, and just run make install manually.

OPTIONS
       See "BUILD SYSTEM OPTIONS" in debhelper(7) for a list of common build system selection and control options.

--destdir=directory
	   Install files into the specified directory. If this option is not specified, destination directory is determined automatically as
	   described in the "DESCRIPTION" section.

-- params
	   Pass params to the program that is run, after the parameters that dh_auto_install usually passes.

SEE ALSO
       debhelper(7)

This program is a part of debhelper.

AUTHOR
       Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>

11.1.6ubuntu2							    2018-05-10							DH_AUTO_INSTALL(1)