Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Endangered Freedom ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Endangered Freedom ? Post 302534652 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 11:11:25 AM
Old 06-28-2011
Don't be mistaken : i am not trying to argue against the necessity of boundaries or rule on this site, for sur they are necessary to keep this site high-quality.

I totally agree with you regarding the high "signal-to-noise" rule.

In fact if every body would behave fairly & respectuously and with a sufficient auto-disciplin (which -i agree - is currently a pure utopy) , rules would not be necessary

I totally agree that no drift should be tolerated regarding the respect that people should demonstrate to eachother, and - as you stated - this site has a very good quality from this point of view, because of the good work you all - moderator and admin guys - do, and for sure i can just encourage you to keep up doing that great work .

Last edited by ctsgnb; 06-28-2011 at 12:48 PM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

The Journey of OpenJDK 6 into Fedora, EPEL, and freedom - podcast with Tom Fitzsimmon

The first morning of JavaOne was a great serendipitous event. How often does something fall into place like this: I saw Barton George, who looks after Sun’s relationships with Linux communities, and we decided to cook up a podcast about OpenJDK 6 in Fedora 9. As we walked to the recording room,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Happy Document Freedom Day

Document Freedom Day (DFD) is a global grassroots effort* to promote and build awareness of the importance of free document formats in particular and open standards in general.* If you have ever received a document from a friend that your software could not open, then you know the frustration of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies
uusnap(1M)																uusnap(1M)

NAME
uusnap - show snapshot of the UUCP system SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. displays in tabular format a synopsis of the current UUCP situation. The format of each line is as follows: site N Cmds N Data N Xqts Message Where site is the name of the site with work, N is a count of each of the three possible types of work (command, data, or remote execute), and Message is the current status message for that site as found in the file. Included in Message may be the time left before UUCP can re-try the call, and the count of the number of times that UUCP has tried to reach the site. The process id of may also be shown if it is in a TALKING state. WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. SEE ALSO
uucp(1). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uusnap(1M)