Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Crontab and interactive script Post 302534624 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 10:07:23 AM
Old 06-28-2011
Code:
 perldoc -f -X

Remove the checks for char special and run it, the check was there for a reason, so you'll have to see what breaks and work around it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrap Interactive Script

Does anyone know of a program to wrap an interactive script into an application..I tried using platypus but i want a utility to allow interactive scripts to be run in a stand-alone window to avoid .profile settings on multiple computers...platypus provides the option of a text window output but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: meskue
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to non interactive mode

Gud morning everybody, I need small help form you people,Please advice me. I have a utility(adpatch) which takes 10-15 prompts, i want to automate this by calling this utility in shell script. Now my qiestion i want to run the script in non interactive mode. An example. $adpatch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swetham.apps
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating Interactive script

I have a script that will install software on all remote host. At the end of the script it starts the install.sh part and goes into a interactive mode asking Yes or No questions and prompting to add a username and password. My question is how can I script this so that these questions are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
7 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Interactive / Non Interactive Shell script

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rits
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to write script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode

Q. Write a script that behaves both in interactive and non interactive mode. When no arguments are supplied it picks up each C program from the directory and prints first 10 lines. It then prompts for deletion of the file. If user supplies arguments with the script , then it works on those files... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rits
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script

Greetings gurus I have this simple scripts #!/bin/bash find /kl1/CTT/TQI_001/330_spike/sz00/latcon1/ -type d -name "*.dig" > data_schema find /kl1/CTT/TQI_001/330_spike/sz00/latcon1/ -type d -name "*.dig" >> data_schema <data.schema awk '{print NR, "inVol=" $0, "setDt=4000",... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Marjan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script – if then

Hi, I am writing an interactive shell script (ksh) but I have no idea how I could make a condition on it : Variables : rep_config="${rep_tools}/_CONFIG" rep_config_old="${rep_config}/_PROTO_OLD" Here is the interactice part : lst_proto=$(cat... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non interactive su in bash script

Hi, I have a python gui which allow users entering the root password, then a bash script is called to run "su" with the root password on the background. I could find a way to run "su" with a password. How to run "su" in a bash script without password prompt? Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive script with background

I have script, which need some variable from user and i use below command for this read this script works fine while running without background, but when i run this script in background, it ask first variable then immediately it show below error KSH variable not found please let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pallvi_mahajan
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Interactive Shutdown script

Hello folks. I will start out by saying as far as unix/linux scripting goes I know less about it than i do about giving birth (I'm a guy hehe). I am looking to make a shutdown script that will either shut down the system or reboot it using one of the shutdown run methods IE init 2 - 5 or a base... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azurie
1 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 0.9.7a 2000-01-31 ERR_GET_LIB(3)