Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic cURL help!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic cURL help! Post 302534343 by DGPickett on Monday 27th of June 2011 03:11:59 PM
Old 06-27-2011
If you can monitor the session of a normal browser, it may give you some ideas. What to monitor with changes depending on where the browser is. You could connect indirectly using something in the middle, like tcp_relay.c modified to log the streams. If you have access and things are not too busy, you can monitor the packets.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

curl

Aren't there any way to download files as below? For example, I want to download all .html files under the root directory of unix.com/ curl -O https://www.unix.com/*.html This won't work, but please tell me the way to do this. Well, the best way is to get the file list of the directory, but i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Euler04
6 Replies

2. AIX

use of curl

Hi guys , need some help I have to transfer a file from my aix box to another server using ftps protocol, how can i achieve this using curl preferably or any other utility. Thanks Sandeep (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayawantsandeep
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

use of curl

I have to transfer a file from my aix box to another server using ftps protocol, how can i achieve this using curl preferably or any other utility. Regards Sandeep (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayawantsandeep
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl command

Hello, I try to take out of the command curl the info of the time... time curl --write \"Downloaded %{time total}\" -o ...... but having some problem. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: protocomm
1 Replies

5. Programming

cURL and cgi

I have a CGI application done in c++ that communicates with PayPal. I've had an issue where the application dies when I try to perform a cURL operation. Upon further inspection it seems that I can run cURL examples from the command line. Upon even further inspection it seems that I can run... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tatebn
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cURL

Hi all; first of all i need to clarify that i am new to apache2 server configuration and for some needs i want to transfer some files using curl to web directory,so please bear with me: following is the command i m running to transfer file to my web directory: curl -T "q"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arien001
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using CURL in a script

Hi all so I'm new to scripting but I am making a script that is a url shortener. It will take a url off the command line and spit back the shortened version using bit.ly's api this is what I have so far if then echo "You must supply a URL." exit 1 fi read url... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: subway69
3 Replies

8. SCO

Curl error

Hello I want to use the Curl and gives me this error. Can someone help me out # curl http : // www .google . es dynamic linker: curl: binder error: symbol not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fersys
3 Replies
dbus-monitor(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   dbus-monitor(1)

NAME
dbus-monitor - debug probe to print message bus messages SYNOPSIS
dbus-monitor [--system | --session] [--profile | --monitor] [watch expressions] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-monitor command is used to monitor messages going through a D-Bus message bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture. There are two well-known message buses: the systemwide message bus (installed on many systems as the "messagebus" service) and the per- user-login-session message bus (started each time a user logs in). The --system and --session options direct dbus-monitor to monitor the system or session buses respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor monitors the session bus. dbus-monitor has two different output modes, the 'classic'-style monitoring mode and profiling mode. The profiling format is a compact for- mat with a single line per message and microsecond-resolution timing information. The --profile and --monitor options select the profiling and monitoring output format respectively. If neither is specified, dbus-monitor uses the monitoring output format. In order to get dbus-monitor to see the messages you are interested in, you should specify a set of watch expressions as you would expect to be passed to the dbus_bus_add_watch function. The message bus configuration may keep dbus-monitor from seeing all messages, especially if you run the monitor as a non-root user. OPTIONS
--system Monitor the system message bus. --session Monitor the session message bus. (This is the default.) --profile Use the profiling output format. --monitor Use the monitoring output format. (This is the default.) EXAMPLE
Here is an example of using dbus-monitor to watch for the gnome typing monitor to say things dbus-monitor "type='signal',sender='org.gnome.TypingMonitor',interface='org.gnome.TypingMonitor'" AUTHOR
dbus-monitor was written by Philip Blundell. The profiling output mode was added by Olli Salli. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-monitor(1)