Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP credentials from a config file Post 302534168 by ashok.k on Monday 27th of June 2011 05:56:17 AM
Old 06-27-2011
FTP credentials from a config file

Hi,

I am using the following syntax to connect to an FTP server and paste the file.
Based on the value in the variable $Folder, i want to connect to different folders on the same server. The credential is different to access different folders. How to get the user name and password from a config file for each folder?

I dont want to Hard code the credentials in my shell script.

Folder= FolderA or FolderB.

ftp -pin $Test_host <<++
quote USER $USER
quote PASS $PASSW
cd $Folder
put $FILE.txt
bye
++

Thanks
Ashok

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

RH 7.2 FTP Server Config

Is it possible to ftp from WinXp to a Linux box? I have the the ftp server set up to take the request from the WinXp box but each time I try to connect I keep getting an error, Connection established, unknown error(windows ftp program) or if I try to ftp from the DOS prompt I get ftp connect:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flounder
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues using array credentials to read contents of a file

Hi, I am trying to read the contents of a file using array credentials in unix. The file I am trying to read is tab separated and contains the below contents. # partnerid Direc Server Port Source_Dir Target_Dir Mask Remove Files Passwordless Compare Files ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aartikara
3 Replies

5. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to pass credentials in one Go

Hi, We usually switch user using the below command. sudo su - user1 It then prompts for the password which we feed in. I wish to pass both the username and the password in one go thus eliminating the prompt for the password. I am using java standalone to connect to unix using... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
11 Replies

7. AIX

Passing user/pass credentials to automountd map file.

How could I pass credentials to the automountd daemon through it's map files? Tried credentials=/some/file.txt - Didn't work. Tried SHARE.domain.com/user/pass/SHARE_NAME in map file - Didn't work Tried user=USER,pass=PASS - Didn't work. I can see the mounts created but when I access them... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing credentials via .netric file in Linux

How to create netrc file...I searched in google & got to know that we have to create .netrc file in home directory, I've created .netrc file in in home directory created .netrc file in home directory more .netrc machine $HOSTNAME login xxxx password xxxxx Note: echo $HOSTNAME... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check via SSH and credentials if file on remote server exists?

Hi there, I am sorry to ask that kind of beginner thing, but all the code I found online didnt work for me. All I want to do is: Check via SSH if a File exists on my webserver. The SSH login has to be with username and password. So I would be very thankful if somebody could write the line.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jens885544
8 Replies

10. SCO

Config FTP on SCO Like proftpd

i have installed and working FTP Server With SCO 5.05. But i need solve problem related to config, like proftpd (i not have installed proftpd) the recomendation on client site is enable port 113 related to inetd. but i need solve it on server side, like proftpd.conf: DefaultRoot ~... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arcanisgk
9 Replies