Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help with fetching the values from perlscript Post 302534089 by puneetkanchi on Monday 27th of June 2011 02:07:03 AM
Old 06-27-2011
help with fetching the values from perlscript

Hi,

I have a perl script abc.pl..
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

local ($buffer, @pairs, $pair, $name, $value, %FORM);
    # Read in text
    $ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} =~ tr/a-z/A-Z/;
    if ($ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} eq "POST")
    {
        read(STDIN, $buffer, $ENV{'CONTENT_LENGTH'});
    }else {
        $buffer = $ENV{'QUERY_STRING'};
    }
    # Split information into name/value pairs
    @pairs = split(/&/, $buffer);
    foreach $pair (@pairs)
    {
        ($name, $value) = split(/=/, $pair);
        $value =~ tr/+/ /;
        $value =~ s/%(..)/pack("C", hex($1))/eg;
        $FORM{$name} = $value;
    }
    if( $FORM{Q1} ){
        $Q1_flag ="ON";
    }else{
        $Q1_flag ="OFF";
    }
    if( $FORM{Q2} ){
        $Q2_flag ="ON";
    }else{
        $Q2_flag ="OFF";
    }

if( $FORM{Q3} ){
        $Q3_flag ="ON";
    }else{
        $Q3_flag ="OFF";
    }

if( $FORM{Q4} ){
        $Q4_flag ="ON";
    }else{
        $Q4_flag ="OFF";
    }

if( $FORM{Q5} ){
        $Q5_flag ="ON";
    }else{
        $Q5_flag ="OFF";
    }

This script has five variables(Q1_flag, Q2_flag,Q3_flag,Q4_flag and Q5_flag) whose value will be assigned from an html page.

Now I need help in writing a script which fetches the values of these variables and put them in one string(each answer seperated by Smilie..
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks a ton in advance.

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-27-2011 at 03:10 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute shell command in perlscript

Hi I have this below script...I want to execute the shell command "rm" in the below script but it is not working. Can anybody why so? I got the below error rm: /users/amvarma is a directory sh: /*-log*: not found ------------------- $u=`whoami`; print "$u\n"; $op_1=$ARGV; # for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
0 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Fetching unique values from file

After giving grep -A4 "feature 1," <file name> I have extracted the following text feature 1, subfeat 2, type 1, subtype 5, dump '30352f30312f323030392031313a33303a3337'H -- "05/01/2009 11:30:37" -- -- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shivi707
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetching values using awk and storing into array

hi all I am using awk utility to parse the file and fetching two different vaues from two different record of a record set. I am able to see the result, now i want to store the result and perform some check of each values form database to mark valid and invalid. could you please help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhald
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching just the matching pattern

Hi Everybody, I would like you to help me with the following problem. Given is a path to a file like this: /root/DIR/subdir/file.dat Having this path I would like to grep/sed or whatever the directory string that matches the following pattern ''. I just need the matching directory... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhoosscchhii
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in fetching multiple row values into variables

Hello Team, In the below code....The variabe values are not fetch from input table into SELECT statements. =========================== #!/usr/bash DATABASE=XXXXX inputFILE=$1 db2 connect to $DATABASE TABLENAME=`echo $inputFILE|awk '{print $1}'` COLUMNNAME=`echo $inputFILE|awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

catch a particular word from a specific line -perlscript

Hi, App.log contains the data- ================================================= Value of DsRef =null Recovery File exixts Recovered readFile 20110509 17:00:00.369019 +0100s The DsRef Recovered from Recovery.txt file : 20110509 17:00:00.369019 +0100 Recovered from Recovery.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting fetching values

I have a file like this ############################################ # ParentFolder Flag SubFolders Colateral 1 Source1/Checksum CVA 1 Source1/Checksum Test 1 VaR/Checksum Test2 1 SVaR/Checksum FX 1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching values in CSV file based on column name

input.csv: Field1,Field2,Field3,Field4,Field4 abc ,123 ,xyz ,000 ,pqr mno ,123 ,dfr ,111 ,bbb output: Field2,Field4 123 ,000 123 ,111 how to fetch the values of Field4 where Field2='123' I don't want to fetch the values based on column position. Instead want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathbangalor
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetching data from file

Hi All, I'm facing issue while using script. Chk_Etl_Status=`cat /dstage/questnet/qnetdv/input/Etl_Status.dat|cut -d"," -f1` echo Chk_Etl_Status=$Chk_Etl_Status above result is giving me sometime value as 1 and sometime error message as Chk_Etl_Status= dsjoblaunch.sh: test: Specify a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit786
5 Replies
SMRSH(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  SMRSH(8)

NAME
smrsh - restricted shell for sendmail SYNOPSIS
smrsh -c command DESCRIPTION
The smrsh program is intended as a replacement for sh for use in the ``prog'' mailer in sendmail(8) configuration files. It sharply limits the commands that can be run using the ``|program'' syntax of sendmail in order to improve the over all security of your system. Briefly, even if a ``bad guy'' can get sendmail to run a program without going through an alias or forward file, smrsh limits the set of programs that he or she can execute. Briefly, smrsh limits programs to be in a single directory, by default /usr/adm/sm.bin, allowing the system administrator to choose the set of acceptable commands, and to the shell builtin commands ``exec'', ``exit'', and ``echo''. It also rejects any commands with the charac- ters ``', `<', `>', `;', `$', `(', `)', ` ' (carriage return), or ` ' (newline) on the command line to prevent ``end run'' attacks. It allows ``||'' and ``&&'' to enable commands like: ``"|exec /usr/local/bin/filter || exit 75"'' Initial pathnames on programs are stripped, so forwarding to ``/usr/ucb/vacation'', ``/usr/bin/vacation'', ``/home/server/mydir/bin/vaca- tion'', and ``vacation'' all actually forward to ``/usr/adm/sm.bin/vacation''. System administrators should be conservative about populating the sm.bin directory. For example, a reasonable additions is vacation(1), and the like. No matter how brow-beaten you may be, never include any shell or shell-like program (such as perl(1)) in the sm.bin direc- tory. Note that this does not restrict the use of shell or perl scripts in the sm.bin directory (using the ``#!'' syntax); it simply dis- allows execution of arbitrary programs. Also, including mail filtering programs such as procmail(1) is a very bad idea. procmail(1) allows users to run arbitrary programs in their procmailrc(5). COMPILATION
Compilation should be trivial on most systems. You may need to use -DSMRSH_PATH="path" to adjust the default search path (defaults to ``/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb'') and/or -DSMRSH_CMDDIR="dir" to change the default program directory (defaults to ``/usr/adm/sm.bin''). FILES
/usr/adm/sm.bin - default directory for restricted programs on most OSs /var/adm/sm.bin - directory for restricted programs on HP UX and Solaris /usr/libexec/sm.bin - directory for restricted programs on FreeBSD (>= 3.3) and DragonFly BSD SEE ALSO
sendmail(8) $Date: 2004/08/06 03:55:35 $ SMRSH(8)