Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Trying to enable "web sharing" from terminal Post 302534061 by chancho on Sunday 26th of June 2011 10:04:41 PM
Old 06-26-2011
Thanks for your replies [MA]Flying Meat,
This is a bit more involved than I was hoping. My unix knowledge is still pretty basic. The more I read about it, the idea of running a phproxy on my home computer probably isn't the best solution for me.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what difference between "terminal" and "console"

1 . Thank you for reading the post first. 2 . what difference between "terminal" and "console" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enable "banner" for a user in solaris?

Password: Using keyboard-interactive authentication. Do you agree with the banner terms (y/n)?: y (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frintocf
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking running process status using "grep" on multiple servers in load sharing system.

Suppose i have 3 different servers say x,y and z. Im running some process say ABC and 40 instances for the same is being created. In load sharing suppose on server x, 20 instances are running server y, 10 instances are running server z, 10 instances are running. While checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitknit
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

"Locate" Shows Files but Not "LS" in Terminal

OS-X 10.8.4 Using locate I get these results: 10:~ mize$ locate /Users/mize/*.sh /Users/mize/Zend/workspaces/DefaultWorkspace/SLM/vendor/ZF2/bin/check-cs.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload.sh /Users/mize/copy_ascii_upload_to_server.sh /Users/mize/copy_form_functions_php_to_jpl.sh... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary Mize
7 Replies

7. AIX

How to enable "TCP MD5 Signatures" and "https" on AIX?

I have searched many times but nothing found. Somebody help please :(:(:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
enable(1m)																enable(1m)

NAME
enable - Starts the DTS entity on the local node. SYNOPSIS
dtscp enable [set clock boolean] ARGUMENTS
Specifies whether the clock is abruptly set or gradually adjusted to the computed time. This argument is optional. Valid values for boolean are The clock is gradually adjusted. This is the default condition. The clock is abruptly set. DESCRIPTION
After the DTS entity is created with the dtscp create command, it is still in a non-functioning state. To put it into operation, you must invoke dtscp enable, which causes an immediate synchronization to take place. When the command is executed, the status attribute state is set to on. In addition, you may use the enable command to activate a DTS entity that has previously been deactivated with the disable command. See the disable reference page in this chapter for more information. Privilege Required You must have write permission on the ACL associated with the DTS entity in order to execute the command. NOTES
The DTS entity cannot be enabled until it is created with the create command; the DTS entity must be in the off state. This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how to enable the entity and adjust the clock gradually to the computed time following the first synchroniza- tion: dtscp> enable The following example shows how to enable the entity and abruptly set the clock to the computed time following the first synchronization: dtscp> enable set clock true RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: create(1m), disable(1m) enable(1m)