Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS4 Ldap Automount issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat NFS4 Ldap Automount issue Post 302534016 by ygemici on Sunday 26th of June 2011 01:51:15 PM
Old 06-26-2011
Hi mark,

you must a create an specific OU in LDAP and configure this for automount..( if this is ok , then their home directorys are already ok because of your maps (in automount) on the clients )..

I think this URL is very helpful Smilie
Howto:Automount - 389 Directory Server

regards
ygemici

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

LDAP/Kerberos Issue

I am getting the following error message when trying to login to the client: while verifying tgt If I move the /etc/krb5.keytab out of /etc, it works fine. This is HP-UX v23 Does anyone have any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dhernand
1 Replies

2. Linux

ldap issue

Hi, I believe this is an ldap issue, but am not sure how to solve it as I haven't used ldap in the past. Any help is greatly appreciated. I had my linux machine on one subnet and moved it to another without realizing. It had a static IP, and once this was realized, we moved it back to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automount issue

Folks; I'm mounting a directory on a different SUSE 10 server from my SUSE server fine. using this mount command: # mount 192.168.132.11:/var/local/new /var/local/new this command above works fine but when i added a new line to my "/etc/fstab" to be mounted automatically every time i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP client issue

Hello, I'm new to Centos and to openldap. I am by trade a Solaris Admin. I'm experimenting with openldap and thought Linux would be easier to install and setup openldap on, so far this is true. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the client server to authenticate to the openldap server. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bitlord
1 Replies

5. Linux

Urgent :Automount issue

Hi Team, I am trying to delete the clearcase view in linux box. But i cant get, because my hostname is not configure under the at net directory in root dir. Please advice on this. Thanks, Mani (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

NFS4 Mount issue - ASAP

Hi, I am trying to mount via nfs4 # mount -t nfs4 10.1.56.16:/Apps /works/apps/xyz Error: Warning rpc.idmapd apperas not to be running all uids will be mapped to the nobody uid mount to NFS server "10.1.56.16' failed RPC error: program/version mismatched pls help - this is coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount permission issue

Hi all, I am running CentOS6.3 and NFS is giving me a real hard time here: on my server a folder called /networkh has created with 777 permissions. I have setup NFS server on this server and it is supposed to serve a network. On my client machine I configed my auto.master: /nethome... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies

8. AIX

LDAP authentication client issue

Hi, I am trying to authenticate AIX server against a IDS LDAP instance. The AIX version is 6.1 and TDS client is 6.1. I configured the secldapclntd using ldap.cfg file and changed /etc/security/user to set SYSTEM=LDAP, registry=LDAP for one user. Below are the ldap.cfg configurations - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vs1
5 Replies

9. AIX

Automount issue

Hi there, I have a strange problem, I have a NFS server running AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3, let's call it server A. I have another AIX 7.1 TL3 SP3 server, let's call it server B, that's automounting a filesystem from server A. When server B is automounting the filesystem from server A, I can't see any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ce9888
3 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP issue

Need assistance in resolving the below LDAP issue on Solaris 11. I am new to LDAP . root@hrapps51:/var/svc/manifest# ldaplist -v +++ database=NULL +++ filter=objectclass=* +++ template for merging SSD filter=%s ldaplist: Object not found (LDAP ERROR (50): Insufficient access.) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
1 Replies
SYSTEMD.AUTOMOUNT(5)						 systemd.automount					      SYSTEMD.AUTOMOUNT(5)

NAME
systemd.automount - Automount unit configuration SYNOPSIS
automount.automount DESCRIPTION
A unit configuration file whose name ends in ".automount" encodes information about a file system automount point controlled and supervised by systemd. This man page lists the configuration options specific to this unit type. See systemd.unit(5) for the common options of all unit configuration files. The common configuration items are configured in the generic [Unit] and [Install] sections. The automount specific configuration options are configured in the [Automount] section. Automount units must be named after the automount directories they control. Example: the automount point /home/lennart must be configured in a unit file home-lennart.automount. For details about the escaping logic used to convert a file system path to a unit name see systemd.unit(5). Note that automount units cannot be templated, nor is it possible to add multiple names to an automount unit by creating additional symlinks to its unit file. For each automount unit file a matching mount unit file (see systemd.mount(5) for details) must exist which is activated when the automount path is accessed. Example: if an automount unit home-lennart.automount is active and the user accesses /home/lennart the mount unit home-lennart.mount will be activated. Automount units may be used to implement on-demand mounting as well as parallelized mounting of file systems. IMPLICIT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are implicitly added: o If an automount unit is beneath another mount unit in the file system hierarchy, both a requirement and an ordering dependency between both units are created automatically. o An implicit Before= dependency is created between an automount unit and the mount unit it activates. DEFAULT DEPENDENCIES
The following dependencies are added unless DefaultDependencies=no is set: o Automount units acquire automatic Before= and Conflicts= on umount.target in order to be stopped during shutdown. FSTAB
Automount units may either be configured via unit files, or via /etc/fstab (see fstab(5) for details). For details how systemd parses /etc/fstab see systemd.mount(5). If an automount point is configured in both /etc/fstab and a unit file, the configuration in the latter takes precedence. OPTIONS
Automount files must include an [Automount] section, which carries information about the file system automount points it supervises. The options specific to the [Automount] section of automount units are the following: Where= Takes an absolute path of a directory of the automount point. If the automount point does not exist at time that the automount point is installed, it is created. This string must be reflected in the unit filename. (See above.) This option is mandatory. DirectoryMode= Directories of automount points (and any parent directories) are automatically created if needed. This option specifies the file system access mode used when creating these directories. Takes an access mode in octal notation. Defaults to 0755. TimeoutIdleSec= Configures an idle timeout. Once the mount has been idle for the specified time, systemd will attempt to unmount. Takes a unit-less value in seconds, or a time span value such as "5min 20s". Pass 0 to disable the timeout logic. The timeout is disabled by default. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemctl(1), systemd.unit(5), systemd.mount(5), mount(8), automount(8), systemd.directives(7) systemd 237 SYSTEMD.AUTOMOUNT(5)