Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Conditional removing of words from a line Post 302533950 by Peasant on Sunday 26th of June 2011 12:38:43 AM
Old 06-26-2011
Try if this sed fills your requirment :
Code:
sed 's/\(GT_[0-9][0-9]_\)\|\(GT_[0-9][0-9]_[0-9][0-9]_\)//g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing uppercase words from textfiles

I have the task of removing all uppercase words from csv files, mit 10000's lines. I think it shoud be possible with regex's, something like "s/{2,}//g" but I can't get it work with sed or Vi. It would also be possible to script in ksh, awk, perl or python. example this "this is a EXAMPLE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: frieling
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying x words from end of line to specific location in same line

Hello all i know it is pretty hard one but you will manage it all after noticing and calculating i find a rhythm for the file i want to edit to copy the last 12 characters in line but the problem is to add after first 25 characters in same line in other way too copy the last 12 characters... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: princesasa
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing 2 words from file.

Hi All, I have a text file with name of source files in that. source files ends with .mxml and .css. Now I want to remove the extensions of these source files. Currently I can do so by writing 2 sed commands, as there are files with just 2 different extensions. But I want to do it in one sed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing identical words in column

I have a file that needs to be cleaned up. Here is the file: Project Project John Project Gary Project Sean Project2 Project2 Lisa Project2 Tyler Project2 Sam Project3 Project3 Mike Project3 Bran I need the o/p to be: Project John Gary Sean Project2 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leepet01
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding and removing 2 identical consecutive words in a text

i want to write a shell script that correct a text file.for example if i have the input file: "john has has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges oranges" i want that the output file be like this: "john has 2 apples anne has 3 oranges" i've tried to read line by line from input text file into array... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cocostaec
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

conditional append one line in file.

Hi, Unix gurus, I have a requirement as following: checking existing file, if the file only contain one line. then append "No data" else keep existing file as is. can i achieve this by in command line without write a script. :wall: Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing the words with symbols in a file in unix

I have file like below Hi iam author <br>joseph</br> in france. I live in my home <br></br> but no food. I will play footbal <br></br> but i wont play cricket. I will read all the books <br>all fiction stories</br> i hate horror stories. I want output like below Hi iam author... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed conditional \n replace for each line

How could be removed \n only if appearing at position 80 in the line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RomanF
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add words in beginning , end after removing a word in a file

My file has the entries like below... /dev/sds /dev/sdak /dev/sdbc /dev/sdbu I want to make the file like below echo 1 > /sys/block/sds/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdak/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdbc/device/rescan echo 1 > /sys/block/sdbu/device/rescan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanapandi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that line

Hi All, I need one help to replace particular words in file based on if finds another words in that file . i.e. my self is peter@king. i am staying at north sydney. we all are peter@king. How to replace peter to sham if it finds @king in any line of that file. Please help me... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajib Podder
8 Replies
Graph(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Graph(3pm)

NAME
SVG::Graph - Visualize your data in Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) format. SYNOPSIS
use SVG::Graph; use SVG::Graph::Data; use SVG::Graph::Data::Datum; #create a new SVG document to plot in... my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600,height=>600,margin=>30); #and create a frame to hold the data/glyphs my $frame = $graph->add_frame; #let's plot y = x^2 my @data = map {SVG::Graph::Data::Datum->new(x=>$_,y=>$_^2)} (1,2,3,4,5); my $data = SVG::Graph::Data->new(data => @data); #put the xy data into the frame $frame->add_data($data); #add some glyphs to apply to the data in the frame $frame->add_glyph('axis', #add an axis glyph 'x_absolute_ticks' => 1, #with ticks every one #unit on the x axis 'y_absolute_ticks' => 1, #and ticks every one #unit on the y axis 'stroke' => 'black', #draw the axis black 'stroke-width' => 2, #and 2px thick ); $frame->add_glyph('scatter', #add a scatterplot glyph 'stroke' => 'red', #the dots will be outlined #in red, 'fill' => 'red', #filled red, 'fill-opacity' => 0.5, #and 50% opaque ); #print the graphic print $graph->draw; DESCRIPTION
SVG::Graph is a suite of perl modules for plotting data. SVG::Graph currently supports plots of one-, two- and three-dimensional data, as well as N-ary rooted trees. Data may be represented as: Glyph Name Dimensionality supported 1d 2d 3d tree -------------------------------------------------------- Axis x Bar Graph x Bubble Plot x Heatmap Graph x Line Graph x Pie Graph x Scatter Plot x Spline Graph x Tree x SVG::Graph 0.02 is a pre-alpha release. Keep in mind that many of the glyphs are not very robust. PLOTTING
You need to create a SVG::Graph::Frame instance from the parent SVG::Graph instance for each set of data to be plotted. Datasets can be hierarchical, and to represent this, SVG::Graph::Frame instances can themselves contain subframes. SVG::Graph::Frame can contain: - multiple subframes as instances of SVG::Graph::Frame - a single SVG::Graph::Data instance - multiple SVG::Graph::Glyph instances with which to render the attached SVG::Graph::Data instance, and all SVG::Graph::Data instances attached to SVG::Graph::Frame subinstances See SVG::Graph::Frame and SVG::Graph::Glyph for details. ONE DATA SET 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); MULTIPLE DATA SETS 1. create an SVG::Graph instance 2. create an SVG::Graph::Frame instance by calling SVG::Graph::add_frame(); 3. create an SVG::Graph::Data instance, containing an SVG::Graph::Data::Datum instance for each data point. 4. Attach the SVG::Graph::Data instance to your SVG::Graph::Frame using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_data(); 5. Attach glyphs to the SVG::Graph::Frame instance using SVG::Graph::Frame::add_glyph(); 6. repeat [2-5] for each additional data set to be added. add_frame() can be called on SVG::Graph to add top-level data sets, or SVG::Graph::Frame to add hierarchical data sets. 7. Call SVG::Graph::draw(); FEEDBACK
Send an email to the svg-graph-developers list. For more info, visit the project page at http://www.sf.net/projects/svg-graph AUTHORS
Allen Day, <allenday@ucla.edu> Chris To, <crsto@ucla.edu> CONTRIBUTORS
James Chen, <chenj@seas.ucla.edu> Brian O'Connor, <boconnor@ucla.edu> SEE ALSO
SVG METHODS
new Title : new Usage : my $graph = SVG::Graph->new(width=>600, height=>600, margin=>20); Function: creates a new SVG::Graph object Returns : a SVG::Graph object Args : width => the width of the SVG height => the height of the SVG margin => margin for the root frame init Title : init Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : width Title : width Usage : $obj->width($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of width (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) height Title : height Usage : $obj->height($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of height (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) margin Title : margin Usage : $obj->margin($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of margin (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) svg Title : svg Usage : $obj->svg($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of svg (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) add_frame Title : add_frame Usage : my $frame = $graph->add_frame Function: adds a Frame to the current Graph Returns : a SVG::Graph::Frame object Args : a hash. usable keys: frame_transform (optional) 'top' default orientation 'bottom' rotates graph 180 deg (about the center) 'right' points top position towards right 'left' points top position towards left frames Title : frames Usage : get/set Function: Example : Returns : Args : xoffset Title : xoffset Usage : $obj->xoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of xoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) yoffset Title : yoffset Usage : $obj->yoffset($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of yoffset (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) draw Title : draw Usage : $graph=>draw Function: depends on child glyph implementations Returns : xmlifyied SVG object Args : none perl v5.10.0 2009-01-07 Graph(3pm)