Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Env variable in solaris
Operating Systems Solaris Env variable in solaris Post 302533521 by daggupati453 on Friday 24th of June 2011 02:19:31 AM
Old 06-24-2011
Env variable in solaris

Hi,

Am installing SAP on Solaris 10. How to set env variables permanently?

Reg

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash env variable containing @

I want to set a bash env variable which has @ in its name, for example, @YOGESH@ may i know how do i do this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yogesh Sawant
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD env variable

Could you please tell me, which process / file is responsible for the setting of PWD env variable in Solaris Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chaandana
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Env Variable

Hi, I have a doubt on Environment variable. I want to know where and when the envirnment variables are defined? Thanks & Regards, Siba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt on ENV variable

Question 1: If I set ENV=$HOME/myenvprofile.ksh, will my script get executed when ever I login to my with KSH. My doubt is we used to put this in .profile of our home directory. SO when ever I login will it executed? QUestion 2: If I set ENV=`echo "hi"` or 'echo "hi" ', what would be the output.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkrix
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

get env variable from last script

I have 2 scripts t2.sh calls t1.sh. I need to get the vaule of a env variable from t1.sh /tmp/test$ cat t1.sh #!/bin/sh INSTANCE="font/fc-cache" export INSTANCE svcadm disable ${INSTANCE} /tmp/test$ cat t2.sh #!/bin/sh . /tmp/test/t1.sh echo ${INSTANCE} The above works... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Env variable

Hello, I want to cange env variable on SunOS. I tried: export GONGA=$GONGA:/users/BANK1/basic/queues/SARON_SPACE1 it changed it only localy for my session. when i opened a new session (telnet etc') the old value exist. How can I change it to effact all sessions. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add env variable in a file

Hi, I have a small requirement set -x `grep IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt | cut -d'=' -f2` if ; then sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#d' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt echo "IMPACT_HOME=" >> /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt sed 's#IMPACT_HOME=*#IMPACT_HOME=/opt/impact#g' /opt/NETCOOLINST/r.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Deny from env=env-variable Does not work

(Above from Apache docs). On my system, using: SetEnvIf User-Agent Mozilla IsBad=1 Order allow,deny Allow from all Deny from env=IsBad ...I see that environment variable is set (using phpinfo()) but the page is still served. No errors in the Apache logs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gnurob
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl error with $ENV variable

Hello my friends i have created a perl cgi script to see browser support for text and graphics but $ENV variable is not working , Code is: #!/usr/bin/perl #Author Ravinder kumar # START use warnings; $nongraphic = 'lynx|CERN-Linemode|elinks'; $client = $ENV{'HTTP_USER_AGENT'}; $text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rink
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Treat value of variable as env variable

Hi All, I have a requirement where I have a config file, which contains 2 coulmn.values of first column are environmnet variable, whose value is defined in an environment file. In my script I need to read the config file, and get the value of the config file variable from env file. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok2082
2 Replies
SETJMP(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 SETJMP(3)

NAME
setjmp, longjmp - non-local goto SYNOPSIS
#include <setjmp.h> setjmp(env) jmp_buf env; longjmp(env, val) jmp_buf env; _setjmp(env) jmp_buf env; _longjmp(env, val) jmp_buf env; DESCRIPTION
These routines are useful for dealing with errors and interrupts encountered in a low-level subroutine of a program. Setjmp saves its stack environment in env for later use by longjmp. It returns value 0. Longjmp restores the environment saved by the last call of setjmp. It then returns in such a way that execution continues as if the call of setjmp had just returned the value val to the function that invoked setjmp, which must not itself have returned in the interim. All accessible data have values as of the time longjmp was called. Setjmp and longjmp save and restore the signal mask sigmask(2), while _setjmp and _longjmp manipulate only the C stack and registers. ERRORS
If the contents of the jmp_buf are corrupted, or correspond to an environment that has already returned, longjmp calls the routine longjm- perror. If longjmperror returns the program is aborted. The default version of longjmperror prints the message ``longjmp botch'' to stan- dard error and returns. User programs wishing to exit more gracefully can write their own versions of longjmperror. SEE ALSO
sigvec(2), sigstack(2), signal(3) NOTES (PDP-11) On the PDP-11, longjmperror is called as _ljerr. This difference stems from the limited name size of the PDP-11 that requires all external names to be unique within the first seven characters. However, <setjmp.h> automatically translates longjmperror to ljerror and should be included before any definition longjmperror. The PDP-11 implementation also contains a subtle bug that occurs when a routine containing a setjmp has register variables. The bug some- times causes those variables to be given invalid values when a longjmp is made back to the routine. Register variables should therefore be avoided in routines containing setjmps. And finally, _longjmp may sometimes die fatally. Sorry. 4th Berkeley Distribution January 9, 1986 SETJMP(3)