Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Keyboard vs mouse
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Keyboard vs mouse Post 302533502 by Lillian on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 11:24:42 PM
Old 06-24-2011
They are like apples and oranges, I play computer without them. But I can use laptop with them in a whole, with Laptop Keyboard and mouse.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP-UX 11.11: X doesn't recognize mouse and keyboard

hi folks, i've got a blank hp visualize C3000 workstation and installed HP-UX 11.11. When I want to start X, I get the following error message: # X Fatal server error: Couldn't open X pointer device! Is one attached? I've connected an mouse and a keyboard with an usb/ps2 connector.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grisu
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

mouse/keyboard wrist lesions.

Anyone ever had any problem related to wrist lesions caused by keyboard or mouse? Tendinitis? Tenosynovitis? How long it lasted? How did it go away? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redoubtable
3 Replies

3. AIX

keyboard and mouse not working in graphical login

Dear frnz I face a weird issue with p275 workstation with Aix 5.1 After booting the workstation i am getting dt login screen and i am not able to key in user name and passwd .The mouse pointer is moving but the mouse buttons doesnt work. i am able to login through rsh to the machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris don't boot without mouse and keyboard

Hi guys, I've installed Solaris 10 (SunOS 5.10) in a x86 box. I will put this box as a home server to store my files/backups/whatterver shared stuff replacing my old NetBSD machine. But, after installed and correctly configured, when I tried to boot this box without keybord and mouse (USB both),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Timmerman
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check keyboard and mouse activity

I need help from someone that is good at making scripts. I'm trying to make a script file that checks for keyboard and mouse activity during 1 am to 8 am and logs you off if it detects activity. I can't find anything useful in google. ---------- Post updated 06-30-10 at 12:33 AM ----------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

6. SCO

X Server -> keyboard and mouse are freezing

hi I've configured X Server using Video Configuration Manager on SCO 5.0.6, but the keyboard and mouse are freezing after 5 minutes on the graphical login mask. ---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:43 AM ---------- BTW I finished the configuration,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
2 Replies

7. AIX

Keyboard Mouse Display not working with Pseries

Hello, Just got a refurbished Pseries when I boot the machine , everything is okay, that is no attention light and panel shows 01 B N but there is nothing on the display ( monitor / console ) which is plugged into the video card port of pseries. The display is empty.... The keyboard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange Keyboard and Mouse Issue

Hello All, PC: CuBox-i (*i.MX6) Mini-PC OS: openSUSE 13.1 (Bottle) (armv7hl) Kernel: 3.14.14-cubox-i # uname -a Linux CuBox-HQ 3.14.14-cubox-i #1 SMP Sat Sep 13 03:48:24 UTC 2014 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/LinuxSo I've been having this random issue happen on this PC where a few strange... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run command if no mouse or keyboard input

I would like a script that would run pm-suspend if there has been no keyboard or mouse input for a specified time. ------ Post updated at 11:17 AM ------ Never mind. I found a setting in power management that does what I need. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
0 Replies
APMSLEEP(1)						      General Commands Manual						       APMSLEEP(1)

NAME
apmsleep - go into suspend or standby mode and wake-up later SYNOPSIS
apmsleep [-sSnwhVd] [--suspend] [--standby] [--noapm] [--wait] [--precise] [--help] [--version] [--debug] [+]hh:mm DESCRIPTION
Some computers, especially laptops, can wake-up from a low-power suspend to DRAM mode using the Real-time-clock (RTC) chip. Apmsleep can be used to set the alarm time in the RTC and to go into suspend or standby mode. An interrupt from the RTC causes the computer to wake-up. The program detects this event, by waiting for a leap in the kernel time and terminates successfully. If no time leap occurs within one minute, or something goes wrong, the exit value will be non-zero. The wake-up time can be specified in two formats: +hh:mm specifies a relative offset to the current time. The computer will suspend for exactly hh hours and mm minutes plus a few seconds to wake up. On some laptops, the timing is not completely accurate so it may be a few minutes (or more?) late. hh:mm specifies absolute local time in 24-hour format. The time stored in the RTC is not important. You may change the time zone used, with the TZ environment variable as usual. Daylight saving time is not obeyed in this version, but might be in a future release. WARNING: Do not close cover of laptop after suspending the laptop with apmsleep. Most laptops overheat when running with closed cover. Energy conservation with APM is little for a desktop. Turning of the screen will save 1/2, going into standby with drives turned off will save another 1/6th of the current. -V, --version Print the apmsleep program version and exit immediately. -s, --suspend Put the machine into suspend mode if possible (default). On my laptop, suspend mode turns off everything except the memory. -S, --standby Put the machine into standby mode if possible. On my laptop, standby mode turns off screen, hard disk, and CPU. -w, --wait Wait indefinitely for the time leap. -p, --precise Wait for alarm time to match actual time. Do not wait for time leap. This might be useful even without APM. -n, --noapm Do not call apm bios to suspend computer, just set the alarm clock and wait for time leap indefinitely. -d, --debug Print some information about what is going on. REQUIRED SYSTEM CONFIGURATION
Kernel The special character device /dev/rtc must exist and the Linux kernel needs to be compiled with APM and RTC support (CONFIG_RTC, and relevant CONFIG_APM* options). BIOS The computer must have the 'suspend to RAM' feature enabled in the BIOS; 'suspend to Disk' will not work, because the computer is turned off completely. You do not need to enable the ALARM timer, it will be activated by apmsleep. On some boards, you can config- ure which interrupts can be used to awake from suspend mode. If you have such a board, you might want to make sure that keyboard (IRQ 1) and RTC (IRQ 8) are among those interrupts. If your computer does not wake up, try to enable 'modem ring' in the BIOS, even if you do not have a modem. Privileges The program must be run as root or have the SUID attribute set (see chmod(1)). BUGS
Apmsleep cannot detect which event terminated the suspension. Possible events are: keyboard or mouse activity, modem ring, alarm from RTC, any other interrupt. Sometimes, the time leap is not detected properly (causing a wrong exit value). Should use APM BIOS calls to set alarm clock (not yet supported by kernel). This program was tested on a Winbook XL laptop (Pentium) only. It may not function on your hardware. AUTHOR
Written by Peter Englmaier (ppe@mpe.mpg.de) and may be freely distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. The code is based on Paul Gortmacher's RTC test/example program. There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for this program. The current maintainer is Peter Englmaier. SEE ALSO
xapm(1), apmd(8),rtc.txt(Linux Kernel Documentation) APM
sleep in APM suspend/standby mode APMSLEEP(1)