Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Alphanumeric to integer
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alphanumeric to integer Post 302533352 by bsathishmca on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 11:34:42 AM
Old 06-23-2011
Thanks for your reply.

I dont not want to split the value.I want it as whole 1A2 into integer.

I want to use this value in array index as belue

Array[1A2] - now i am getting error like "bad number"

So i need to change 1A2 into integer.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Sathish

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching alphanumeric string

how to match an alphanumeric string like the following. i have to do like the following. if the input line is the data is {clock_91b} i have to replace that with the string was ("clock_91b") i tried like $line =~ s/the data is\s+\{(+)\}/the string was \(\"$1\"\)/ which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort command - alphanumeric

I have a file I'm trying to sort such as fred1 fred2 fred10 fred11 ... when I sort I get fred1 fred10 fred11 fred2 ... using sort can any give me the syntax to sort this is dict order e.g., (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AlphaNumeric String Operations

Hi :) I am writing a ksh I have a string of general format A12B3456CD78 the string is of variable length the string always ends with numbers (here it is 78.. it can be any number of digits may be 789 or just 7) before these ending numbers are alphabets (here it is CD can even be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikanth
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

alphanumeric comparision

I have a requirement where I need to check if where r1v07l09ab is a software release. I should always check for this to be true to continue the release deployment because an older release should not be deployed by mistake. I mean only the release greater than the current release should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alphanumeric Sorting

Hi , I have a requirement where one column have to be sorted (delimiter is pipe) for eg: My input filed is as below 1|FIAT|0010103|23011|01/01/2000|31/12/9999|1.15 2|232|613|1 2|234|743|1 2|234|793|1 2|234|893|1 1|FIAT|0010103|23012|01/01/2000|31/12/9999|1.15 2|230|006|0 2|230|106|0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of non-alphanumeric characters

Hi! Could anyone so kindly help me a code to eliminate from a txt file, obtained by collecting and merge several web-page, every word (string) containing non alphabetical, numeric and punctuation character (i.e NON a-zA-Z0-9, underscore and punctuation mark)? Thanks a lot for the help to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing alphanumeric variables

Hi All, I have files with a column which has values and ranges, for example colA colB ERD1 3456 ERD2 ERD3 4456 I want to have the following output colA colB colC ERD1 3456 3456 ERD2 526887 526890 ERD3 4456 4456 Being a newbie to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting of alphanumeric filenames..

Hi All, I want sort following files in ascending order. exp_installer_CC4160-file10.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file11.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file12.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file13.dmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gramakrishna
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with alphanumeric Sort

I have a lot of data that need to be sorted alphanumerically. I began using sort -du and it solved almost all my problems. However, when I encountered files with data like this it began to fail: /vol/close_eng_ice_0888 /vol/open_eng_ice_0890 /vol/open_eng_ice_08923 /vol/open_eng_ice_0893... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies
ArrayLabels(3)							   OCaml library						    ArrayLabels(3)

NAME
ArrayLabels - Array operations. Module Module ArrayLabels Documentation Module ArrayLabels : sig end Array operations. val length : 'a array -> int Return the length (number of elements) of the given array. val get : 'a array -> int -> 'a Array.get a n returns the element number n of array a . The first element has number 0. The last element has number Array.length a - 1 . You can also write a.(n) instead of Array.get a n . Raise Invalid_argument index out of bounds if n is outside the range 0 to (Array.length a - 1) . val set : 'a array -> int -> 'a -> unit Array.set a n x modifies array a in place, replacing element number n with x . You can also write a.(n) <- x instead of Array.set a n x . Raise Invalid_argument index out of bounds if n is outside the range 0 to Array.length a - 1 . val make : int -> 'a -> 'a array Array.make n x returns a fresh array of length n , initialized with x . All the elements of this new array are initially physically equal to x (in the sense of the == predicate). Consequently, if x is mutable, it is shared among all elements of the array, and modifying x through one of the array entries will modify all other entries at the same time. Raise Invalid_argument if n < 0 or n > Sys.max_array_length . If the value of x is a floating-point number, then the maximum size is only Sys.max_array_length / 2 . val create : int -> 'a -> 'a array Deprecated. Array.create is an alias for ArrayLabels.make . val init : int -> f:(int -> 'a) -> 'a array Array.init n f returns a fresh array of length n , with element number i initialized to the result of f i . In other terms, Array.init n f tabulates the results of f applied to the integers 0 to n-1 . Raise Invalid_argument if n < 0 or n > Sys.max_array_length . If the return type of f is float , then the maximum size is only Sys.max_array_length / 2 . val make_matrix : dimx:int -> dimy:int -> 'a -> 'a array array Array.make_matrix dimx dimy e returns a two-dimensional array (an array of arrays) with first dimension dimx and second dimension dimy . All the elements of this new matrix are initially physically equal to e . The element ( x,y ) of a matrix m is accessed with the notation m.(x).(y) . Raise Invalid_argument if dimx or dimy is negative or greater than Sys.max_array_length . If the value of e is a floating-point number, then the maximum size is only Sys.max_array_length / 2 . val create_matrix : dimx:int -> dimy:int -> 'a -> 'a array array Deprecated. Array.create_matrix is an alias for ArrayLabels.make_matrix . val append : 'a array -> 'a array -> 'a array Array.append v1 v2 returns a fresh array containing the concatenation of the arrays v1 and v2 . val concat : 'a array list -> 'a array Same as Array.append , but concatenates a list of arrays. val sub : 'a array -> pos:int -> len:int -> 'a array Array.sub a start len returns a fresh array of length len , containing the elements number start to start + len - 1 of array a . Raise Invalid_argument Array.sub if start and len do not designate a valid subarray of a ; that is, if start < 0 , or len < 0 , or start + len > Array.length a . val copy : 'a array -> 'a array Array.copy a returns a copy of a , that is, a fresh array containing the same elements as a . val fill : 'a array -> pos:int -> len:int -> 'a -> unit Array.fill a ofs len x modifies the array a in place, storing x in elements number ofs to ofs + len - 1 . Raise Invalid_argument Array.fill if ofs and len do not designate a valid subarray of a . val blit : src:'a array -> src_pos:int -> dst:'a array -> dst_pos:int -> len:int -> unit Array.blit v1 o1 v2 o2 len copies len elements from array v1 , starting at element number o1 , to array v2 , starting at element number o2 . It works correctly even if v1 and v2 are the same array, and the source and destination chunks overlap. Raise Invalid_argument Array.blit if o1 and len do not designate a valid subarray of v1 , or if o2 and len do not designate a valid subar- ray of v2 . val to_list : 'a array -> 'a list Array.to_list a returns the list of all the elements of a . val of_list : 'a list -> 'a array Array.of_list l returns a fresh array containing the elements of l . val iter : f:('a -> unit) -> 'a array -> unit Array.iter f a applies function f in turn to all the elements of a . It is equivalent to f a.(0); f a.(1); ...; f a.(Array.length a - 1); () . val map : f:('a -> 'b) -> 'a array -> 'b array Array.map f a applies function f to all the elements of a , and builds an array with the results returned by f : [| f a.(0); f a.(1); ...; f a.(Array.length a - 1) |] . val iteri : f:(int -> 'a -> unit) -> 'a array -> unit Same as ArrayLabels.iter , but the function is applied to the index of the element as first argument, and the element itself as second argument. val mapi : f:(int -> 'a -> 'b) -> 'a array -> 'b array Same as ArrayLabels.map , but the function is applied to the index of the element as first argument, and the element itself as second argu- ment. val fold_left : f:('a -> 'b -> 'a) -> init:'a -> 'b array -> 'a Array.fold_left f x a computes f (... (f (f x a.(0)) a.(1)) ...) a.(n-1) , where n is the length of the array a . val fold_right : f:('b -> 'a -> 'a) -> 'b array -> init:'a -> 'a Array.fold_right f a x computes f a.(0) (f a.(1) ( ... (f a.(n-1) x) ...)) , where n is the length of the array a . === Sorting === val sort : cmp:('a -> 'a -> int) -> 'a array -> unit Sort an array in increasing order according to a comparison function. The comparison function must return 0 if its arguments compare as equal, a positive integer if the first is greater, and a negative integer if the first is smaller (see below for a complete specification). For example, Pervasives.compare is a suitable comparison function, provided there are no floating-point NaN values in the data. After calling Array.sort , the array is sorted in place in increasing order. Array.sort is guaranteed to run in constant heap space and (at most) logarithmic stack space. The current implementation uses Heap Sort. It runs in constant stack space. Specification of the comparison function: Let a be the array and cmp the comparison function. The following must be true for all x, y, z in a : - cmp x y > 0 if and only if cmp y x < 0 - if cmp x y >= 0 and cmp y z >= 0 then cmp x z >= 0 When Array.sort returns, a contains the same elements as before, reordered in such a way that for all i and j valid indices of a : - cmp a.(i) a.(j) >= 0 if and only if i >= j val stable_sort : cmp:('a -> 'a -> int) -> 'a array -> unit Same as ArrayLabels.sort , but the sorting algorithm is stable (i.e. elements that compare equal are kept in their original order) and not guaranteed to run in constant heap space. The current implementation uses Merge Sort. It uses n/2 words of heap space, where n is the length of the array. It is usually faster than the current implementation of ArrayLabels.sort . val fast_sort : cmp:('a -> 'a -> int) -> 'a array -> unit Same as Array.sort or Array.stable_sort , whichever is faster on typical input. OCamldoc 2014-06-09 ArrayLabels(3)