Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Patch analysis tool Redhat Enterprise release 4 Post 302533320 by mark54g on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 09:54:03 AM
Old 06-23-2011
Your options are to use a Satellite Server or to cobble something together with Puppet/Yum/cobbler.

You can use Spacewalk (Because Satellite is a bit expensive) if you have an RHN subscription and download all packages yourself, manually or by scripting it.
This User Gave Thanks to mark54g For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux patch management tool

I have a suse linux 9(SLES 9) I have configured "YOU" (yast online update) and it all working fine, synchronising on a daily base with http://sdb.suse.de/download but I would like to know if they is a tools or scripts that inform you of any patches that has not been applied and notify you via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan1
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Storedge Workload Analysis Tool (SWAT)

Does anyone know where I can download this software from , or is it part of a software package that has to be bought. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: markdr011
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any tool for core analysis on HP-UX?

Hi, I just wanted to know is there any tool avaliable for core analysis on hp-ux. I have heard about q4 utility. But I think it is used for analysis of system crash dump and not for core dump produced by a user process. gdb doesn't give much information unless the binary is debug-build. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
0 Replies

4. Linux

Apache in enterprise, patch management

I was wondering how everyone else manages patching/upgrades for apache. Latest doesnt mean greatest, we typically dont install the newest patches for our OS's. We typically run 3-6 months behind, to let fixes get fixed before installing them. Does anyone here have a written detailed plan... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Which tool to Patch SOL 9? - 3 tools found

I have found 3 different tools to patch Solaris 9: 1. Patch Check Advanced (PCA) by Martin Paul BigAdmin: Solaris Information Center - Patching Support Patch Check Advanced 2. Update Manager from Sun Sun Connection 3. pkg-get, wget, etc. from Blastwave.org Blastwave.org - How to get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johne1
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

RedHat patch date?

Other than looking at the dates when pkgs were applied in /var/log/yum.log* how can I tell when the last time a RedHat system was patched? My systems don't have regular access to the web. Thanks in advance. ---------- Post updated at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:27 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
0 Replies
RHN_REGISTER(8) 						   Red Hat, Inc.						   RHN_REGISTER(8)

NAME
rhn_register - Connect to RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. SYNOPSIS
rhn_register [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_register is a client program that registers your system with Red Hat Network Classic (or a RHN Satellite). After registering, your sys- tem can receive software updates, install new software, and remotely manage your system. It can run both in graphical and text modes. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --nox Run in text mode. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto RHN Satellite or Red Hat Network Classic. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_check(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2011 February 4 RHN_REGISTER(8)