Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiple sed in one command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple sed in one command Post 302533254 by ksexton on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 06:25:14 AM
Old 06-23-2011
Thanks for the reply. That seems to replace every occurrence of 40 in the row.
I want to change the 40128 to 128 like it does but leave the 401 or 402 (or 403 or 404)

Code:
|402|40128|1|1
|401|40128|1|1

Code:
2|128|1|1
1|128|1|1|

Last edited by Franklin52; 06-23-2011 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we give multiple patterns to a sed command???

HI, I want to know can multiple pattern be given inside a sed statement.. Input: aa_bb_cc.Mar-22-2007 cc_dd_ee.Mar-21-2007 aa_1002985_952.xml aa_bb_032207.txt aa_bb_cc_10002878.dat Output: aa_bb_cc cc_dd_ee aa.xml aa_bb.txt aa_bb_cc.dat (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using sed command to replace multiple lines

the file contains the follwoing lines /* * Copyright (C) 1995-1996 by XXX Corporation. This program * contains proprietary and confidential information. All rights reserved * except as may be permitted by prior written consent. * * $Id: xxx_err.h,v 1.10 2001/07/26 18:48:34 zzzz $ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha.kalivar
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sed command over multiple lines in csh??

hi i have a long sed command in a csh script that won't fit on 1 line. how do i break it up correctly over multiple lines? this doesn't seem to work in csh: sed -e s/template/$IP.$NN/ \ -e s/NRG/6/ \ -e s/inputf/$IS.$NN/ \ -e s/SHIFT/10.0/ <template.egsinp > $IP.$NN.inp i get: sed:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use multiple files in sed with w command

i have a command like : sed -n 's/^* /&/w even' <file if i want to write to multiple files like sed -n 's/^* /&/w zero two three' < file its not working it is taking "zero two three" as a single file i want to write to 3 seperate files . pls can anyone help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command, make multiple lines into one

:confused:Hi, I'm relativley new at unix so am having difficulties at the most basic of areas. I am trying using sed to make multiple lines into one line. For example, i would like: Mary had a little lamb to look like this Maryhadalittlelamb so far i have tried sed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cavanac2
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED command using multiple input files

What is the syntax to use multiple input files in a SED command. i.e. substitute a word with a phrase in every file in a directory. for every file in /usr/include that has the word "date" in the file grep -l '\<date\>' /usr/include/*.h find each occurrence of the word "time" in the file &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheoguey
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove multiple set of lines in one command

is there a way with sed to removed more than one set of lines in one line? so i mean sed ${firstElem},${lastIndex}d web.xml > web1.xml this will delete lines between ${firstElem},${lastIndex} i want in the same line to do somethinkg like this (doesn't work so far) sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Command on Multiple Files and retaining the same file name

Hi All I am trying to run sed command to remove first 2 charcaters from a file on Multiple Files in my directory and what to retain the same file name . I want to know how to retain the same file name but with changes . Can some one please let me know how to proceed with this . ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: honey26
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace multiple column in one go

Hi, I want to replace the value in more than one column. For one column ,following command is working - sed 's/./$value_to_replace/$column number' file_name e.g. suppose this is input 1111000000 command - sed 's/./M/5' output= 1111M000000 For two column also command is like - cat... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
22 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to replace one value which occurs multiple times

Hi, My Input File : "MN.1.2.1.2.14.1.1" := "MN_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) "MOS.1.2.1.2.13.6.2" := "MOS_13_TM_4" ( 000000110110100100110001111110110110101110101001100111110100011010110111001 ) Like above template,I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Preeti Chandra
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)