Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Advance search using sed/awk/perl Post 302533169 by kikionline on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 01:23:20 AM
Old 06-23-2011
Thanks Neutronscott and Yazu for the quick response!

Really appreciate your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advance string pattern search Please

Here is my problem.. 1. I want to search all those files with file name starting AJ128**** (in all the sub directories also) 2. I want to search for the follwoing type of string line beging with string - 'AK*any_1_char*any_2_char*510' 3. I need to display list of file names... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sainj
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace with restriction (awk, sed)

Hello, i have a file like that foo A new bar A new bar B new I need to replace 'new' with 'done', but only in lines containing 'bar' AND 'A'. output file should then become foo A new bar A done bar B new Sorry im not able to figure it out, not even shure if i should take sed.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: knoxo
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline pattern search using sed or awk

Hi friends, Could you please help me to resolve the below issue. Input file :- <Node> <username>abc</username> <password>ABC</password> <Node> <Node> <username>xyz</username> <password>XYZ</password> <Node> <Node> <username>mnp</username> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed/awk for reverse search and print

I have a file which is DFDG START DSFDS DSDS XXX END (VIO) AADD START SDSD FGFG END and I have to print the lines between START and END (VIO). In the files there are multiple places where START would be followed by END with few lines in between but I need to print only if START is... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pgbuddy
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed string search and replace

Need help with either sed or awk to acheive the following file1 ----- In the amazon forest The bats eat all the time... mon tue wed they would eat berries In the tropical forest The bats eat all the time... on wed bats eat nuts In the rain forest The bats eat all the time... on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jville
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk search in sed

Hi I search CSV (deliminited by ,) for the string "test" in the second column and if matches print the hole line. awk -F, '{ if($2=="\"test\"") print $0} ' test.csvHowto to the same in sed? I heared that sed is faster. Test.csv is 121 MB. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/SED line based search

Hi, I have a file with values like this 1 11 2 11 3 44 4 55 5 66 (an representative of what I have). I want to split this file into smaller files based on column 1 values (values within a range). The issue that I am facing is that the file is really big, and takes too long to... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_one
21 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace is not working by sed or awk

Hi , I have one file and in this file i have one like TEST1 KEY0=AAC040R1;AAC041R1ISE;AAC041R2ISE;AAC370R1;ADR0500;ADR0600;AME245R1;AME245R2;BAP0135;BAP0300;PPINVDTD*;PPJERPTD*;PPJERPT*;PRBSUMM*;: i want to replace this line with the following line TEST1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashissau
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search strings and highlight them using Perl or bash/awk/sed

Hi, I have two files: a.doc and b.txt I wish to search the strings from file b.txt in a.doc and want to highlight them in a.doc with different colours using Perl or bash./awk/sed? Please guide me. :) Thanks!!!!! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another sed/awk search=>replace question

Hello, Need a little bit of help. Basically I need to replace lines in a file which were calculated wrong as it would 12 hours to regenerate the data. I need to calculate values based on other files which I've managed to figure out with grep/cut but now am stuck on how to shove these new... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77coder
21 Replies
srec_stewie(5)							File Formats Manual						    srec_stewie(5)

NAME
srec_stewie - Stewie's binary file format DESCRIPTION
If you have a URL for documentation of this format, please let me know. Any resemblance to the Motorola S-Record is superficial, and extends only to the data records. The header records and termination records are completely different. None of the other Motorola S-Records record type are available. The Records All records start with an ASCII capital S character, value 0x53, followed by a type specifier byte. All records consist of binary bytes. The Header Record Each file starts with a fixed four byte header record. +-----+------+------+------+ |0x53 | 0x30 | 0x30 | 0x33 | +-----+------+------+------+ The Data Records Each data record consists of 5 fields. These are the type field, length field, address field, data field, and the checksum. The lines always start with a capital S character. +-----+------+---------------+---------+------+----------+ |0x53 | Type | Record Length | Address | Data | Checksum | +-----+------+---------------+---------+------+----------+ Type The type field is a one byte field that specifies whether the record has a two-byte address field (0x31), a three-byte address field (0x32) or a four-byte address field (0x33). The address is big-endian. Record Length The record length field is a one byte field that specifies the number of bytes in the record following this byte. Address This is a 2-, 3- or 4-byte address that specifies where the data in the record is to be loaded into memory. Data The data field contains the executable code, memory-loadable data or descriptive information to be transferred. Checksum The checksum is a one byte field that represents the least significant byte of the one's complement of the sum of the values repre- sented by the bytes making up the record's length, address, and data fields. The Termination Record Each file ends with a fixed two byte termination record. +-----+------+ |0x53 | 0x38 | +-----+------+ Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in sized by approximately 1.2 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an hex-dump example file. It contains the data "Hello, World[rq] to be loaded at address 0. 0000: 53 30 30 33 53 31 10 00 00 48 65 6C 6C 6F 2C 20 S003S1...Hello, 0010: 57 6F 72 6C 64 0A 9D 53 38 World..S8 COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_stewie(5)