Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to Cleanup Multipathing
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to Cleanup Multipathing Post 302532905 by Tirmazi on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 10:48:05 AM
Old 06-22-2011
How about if I do the following will it clean up the stale LUN's

#echo 1 > /sys/block/sdc/device/delete
through
#echo 1 > /sys/block/sdr/device/delete

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

solaris multipathing

I have solaris 10 sparc. I installed a Qlogic hba card. This card is connected on a brocade switch and the brocade is connected on 2 different controllers on a Hitachi disk bay. I formated 2 luns. On my solaris system, i have 4 disk. How to configure solaris 10 to fix the dual disk view. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing

Hi, I saw your post on the forums about how to setup IP multipathing. I wanted your help on the below situation . I have 2 servers A and B . Now they should be connected to 2 network switches . S1 and S2. Now is it possible to have IP Multipathing on each of the servers as follows ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maadhuu
0 Replies

3. IP Networking

Assigning a vertual IP and doing IP multipathing...

Hii Every One, I am working on SUN server installed with Solaris-10, 1) I want to assign a vertual IP to a interface (ce1). 2) And with that vertual IP and one more interface (ce2), I want to do IP multipathing. So, kindely help me to achive above tasks by discribing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Veritas Multipathing problem.

Hi, Basically the original configuration on my Solaris 9 server was two LUNs configured as Veritas file systems that were connected to a NetApp filer (filer1). These two LUNs are still configured on the server - but are not being used. They are there as a backup just in case the new... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris multipathing

Hai we using emc storage which is conneted to M5000 through san switch. we asign 13 luns but in server it is showing 22 luns. i enable the solaris multipathing (MPxIO) #more /kernel/drv/fp.conf in that file MPxio-disable=no #mpathadm list lu it shows ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshmani
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Multipathing - problem

Hello, I turned on the server multipathing: # uname -a SunOS caiman 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,T5140 stmsboot -D fp -e And after a reboot the server, multipathing is not enable: # stmsboot -L stmsboot: MPxIO is not enabled stmsboot: MPxIO disabled # ls /dev/dsk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bieszczaders
4 Replies

7. AIX

Multipathing in AIX

Hi, I know the concept of multipathing, but would like to know how to configure multipathing in AIX. or software/driver is by default present in AIX?????? How to find out wheather multipathing is configured in AIX????? Regards, Manu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

8. Linux

Linux multipathing issue...

Hi folks. When issuing a multipath -ll on my server, i see something that is bugging me... # multipath -ll 2000b0803ce002582 dm-10 Pillar,Axiom 600 size=129G features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw |-+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=50 status=active | |- 0:0:0:4 sdd 8:48 active ready running... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stephan
0 Replies

9. AIX

Problems setting up multipathing

What is the following output telling me? fget_config -Av ---dar0--- User array name = 'BSNorth-DS4300' dac3 ACTIVE dacNONE ACTIVE Disk DAC LUN Logical Drive hdisk4 dac3 0 TestDiskForAll ---dar1--- User array name = 'BSNorth-DS4300' dac2 ACTIVE dacNONE ACTIVE Disk DAC ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Verify multipathing

I have a couple of questions regarding multipath. If I do vgdisplay vg01, I see it is using 1 PV: /dev/dm-13 If I type multipath -ll I see dm-9, dm-10, dm-11, dm-12, but do not see dm-13. Is my vg01 multipathed? How can I actually know for sure? Secondly, let's say this time vg01 says... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies
lofi(7D)							      Devices								  lofi(7D)

NAME
lofi - Loopback file driver DESCRIPTION
The lofi file driver exports a file as a block device. Reads and writes to the block device are translated to reads and writes on the underlying file. This is useful when the file contains a file system image. Exporting it as a block device through the lofi file driver allows normal system utilities to operate on the image through the block device (like fstyp(1M)fsck(1M), and mount(1M). This is useful for accessing CD-ROM and FAT floppy images. See lofiadm(1M) for examples. File block device entries are contained in /dev/lofi, while /dev/rlofi contains the character (or raw) device entries. Entries are in the form of decimal numbers which are assigned through lofiadm(1M). When created, these device entries are owned by root, in group sys, and have permissions 0600. While ownership, group, and permission settings can be altered, there are possible ramifications. See lofiadm(1M) for more information. FILES
/dev/lofictl Master control device /dev/lofi/n Block device for file n /dev/rlofi/n Character device for file n /kernel/drv/lofi 32-bit driver /kernel/drv/lofi.conf Driver configuration file. (Should not be altered.) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/lofi 64-bit driver ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr, SUNWcarx.u | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), fsck(1M), fstyp(1M), mount(1M), newfs(1M), attributes(5), lofs(7FS) NOTES
Just as you would not directly access a disk device that has mounted file systems, you should not access a file associated with a block device except through the lofi file driver. For compatability purposes, a raw device is also exported along with the block device. For example, newfs(1M) requires one. SunOS 5.10 30 Jul 1999 lofi(7D)