Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Stuck with Unexpected EOF
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stuck with Unexpected EOF Post 302532743 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 03:45:46 AM
Old 06-22-2011
execute the attached file and let me know

make sure there is a space after elif

Code:

elif [ "$ORACLE_VALUE" = "$prev_day" ]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected eof error

Hi, I am newbie and am just trying to connect to oracle from shell script ,,,but I am getting the following error ./prog.sh: line 20: syntax error: unexpected end of file The scripts is : #!/bin/bash O=$IFS; IFS=","; while read a b c d do echo $c ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thana
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unexpected EOF

I ran the following scripts and everytime i get the errot as follows Line 54: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ',' line 57 syntex error unexpected end of file#!/bin/ksh set -x BKUP_DIR=/u03/backups/abu/nightly_backup LOG_FILE=/u03/backups/abu/backup.log ORACLE_HOME=... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

Hi everyone, I am trying to search for a string in a file that is partly made up of a variable. Here's the code: echo "parentCategory = $parentCategory" echo "parentCategoryFormatted = $parentCategoryFormatted" numUrlsFoundInParentCategory=`grep -c "<Topic r:id=\"Top\/World\/Français\/"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BlueberryPickle
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 85: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

hello everyone...im having this problem with unexpected EOF with line 85 which is..i cant see whats wrong with it..can any1 plz help me out. read -p "$p1 please enter the number of tries you wish to have:" lifeline function main() { guessnum=0 read -p "Please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unexpected EOF

hello everyone...im having this problem with unexpected EOF with line 85 which is..i cant see whats wrong with it..can any1 plz help me out. read -p "$p1 please enter the number of tries you wish to have:" lifeline function main() { guessnum=0 read -p "Please enter if its sinle player game... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Freakhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected EOF : BASH

i'm writing a bash script that uploads a file to my server but it keeps saying unexpected EOF... i cannot see the problem with it, and it worked before i edited the script to work on my ipod touch as well. Here is the troublsome code... if ; then tar -czf "file(Mac).tar.gz" "/folder" >... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: DuskFall
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unexpected EOF in .profile

When opening a new window under Terminal, got that message: Last login: Sun Oct 30 10:35:12 on ttys000 -bash: /Users/MyName/.profile: line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file I tried several clues like using BBedit or emacs to get rid of it, nothing does. Maybe shell commands cut or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shub22
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

eof unexpected while looking[...]

Hello I use opensuse build service to build packages (oh surprise !) I have integrate a command in a spec whose worked and now this exit with: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"' Command: if \.").mk ]; then ln -s $(pwd)/mozilla/security/coreconf/Linux2.6.mk \ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posophe
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'

I have a piece of Linux script. It tells me some syntax error. I couldn't find it. Please help me to identify them. Thanks. The code looks like this: export ORACLE_SID=MYDB export SPW=`cat /opt/oracle/scripts/.sys_pw_$ORACLE_SID` export check_arch=`sqlplus -s << EOF / as sysdba... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help for resolving Unexpected EOF while assigning value to variable

#!/bin/sh . /opt/ora/oracle/db/tech_st/11.2.3/PROD_proddb.env sqlplus -s "username/password" << EOF no='sqlplus -s username/password<<EOF set heading off set feedback off Select pt.user_concurrent_program_name report_name , OUTFILE_NAME report_path FROm apps.fnd_concurrent_programs_tl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: usman_oracle
12 Replies
shells(4)							   File Formats 							 shells(4)

NAME
shells - shell database SYNOPSIS
/etc/shells DESCRIPTION
The shells file contains a list of the shells on the system. Applications use this file to determine whether a shell is valid. See getuser- shell(3C). For each shell a single line should be present, consisting of the shell's path, relative to root. A hash mark (#) indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Blank lines are also ignored. The following default shells are used by utilities: /bin/bash, /bin/csh, /bin/jsh, /bin/ksh, /bin/ksh93, /bin/pfcsh, /bin/pfksh, /bin/pfsh, /bin/sh, /bin/tcsh, /bin/zsh, /sbin/jsh, /sbin/sh, /usr/bin/bash, /usr/bin/csh, /usr/bin/jsh, /usr/bin/ksh, /usr/bin/ksh93, /usr/bin/pfcsh, /usr/bin/pfksh, /usr/bin/pfsh, and /usr/bin/sh, /usr/bin/tcsh, /usr/bin/zsh, and /usr/sfw/bin/zsh. /etc/shells overrides the default list. Invalid shells in /etc/shells could cause unexpected behavior, such as being unable to log in by way of ftp(1). FILES
/etc/shells list of shells on system SEE ALSO
vipw(1B), ftpd(1M), sendmail(1M), getusershell(3C), aliases(4) SunOS 5.11 20 Nov 2007 shells(4)