Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Can I erase and start my mac with unix command Post 302532658 by verdepollo on Tuesday 21st of June 2011 03:40:14 PM
Old 06-21-2011
As far as I remember "Cmd+V" is not for "safe-mode" boot but for "verbose-mode".

Try with "D" or "Cmd+D" to see that your drive does not have any issues (it should launch AHT utility).

As a totally different, cheap, passive, dirty and lazy approach you can take your mac to any apple store and I bet they'll help you boot and -if necessary- reinstall the OS for free. Smilie

Last edited by verdepollo; 06-21-2011 at 04:46 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there an unrecoverable erase command?

I am "retiring" an old unix box and need to erase all sensitive data so that it can not be recovered. Does anyone know a unix command for this? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snyderpa
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stty erase e command

I'm not familiar with the stty command. What would "stty erase e" do to my system and what kind of problems would it create? Also, how would I undo this command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CEngel0327
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to erase tape data in unix V4.0 D?

hi! my computer is... System: Digital Personal Workstation 433a Processor: Digital Alpha 21164, 433 MHz Memory: 64 MB OS: Digital Unix Console (SRM), Digital Unix V4.0D how to erase tape data? I tried with mt erase but no success. My tape is 120m. So, how can i erase tape? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: akz
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Turn python script into an installed UNIX command (Mac OS X)

Okay so i have a script i wrote in python. I want to turn this script into an INSTALLED COMMAND to run in terminal. Right now i run it like this in terminal... $ python myscriptname.py or $ ./myscriptname.py but i want to be able to run it like this in terminal... $ myscriptname ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbreiny
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command for a dummy... where do i start?

I have never used Unix before and only heard of it at the start of the week. But ny new job requires me to use the Unix/Linux command, and i need an introduction for a total beginer... are there any intro videos or books you would recomend? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomvcarter
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to use dd command to erase the data in disk

how to use dd command to erase the data in disk, such as hdisk2? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
9 Replies
MusicBrainz::DiscID(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  MusicBrainz::DiscID(3pm)

NAME
MusicBrainz::DiscID - Perl interface for the MusicBrainz libdiscid library SYNOPSIS
use MusicBrainz::DiscID; my $discid = MusicBrainz::DiscID->new(); if ( $disc->read() == 0 ) { print STDERR "Error: " . $discid->error_msg() . " "; exit(1); } print "DiscID: " . $discid->id() . " "; DESCRIPTION
MusicBrainz::DiscID is a class to calculate a MusicBrainz DiscID from an audio CD in the drive. The coding style is slightly different to the C interface to libdiscid, because it makes use of perl's Object Oriented functionality. MusicBrainz::DiscID::default_device() Returns a device string for the default device for this platform. MusicBrainz::DiscID::new( [$device] ) Construct a new DiscID object. As an optional argument the name of the device to read the ID from may be given. If you donOt specify a device here you can later read the ID with the read method. $discid->error_msg() Return a human-readable error message of the last error that occured. $discid->first_track_num() Return the number of the first track on this disc (usually 1). Returns undef if no ID was yet read. $discid->last_track_num() Return the number of the last track on this disc. $discid->id() Returns the DiscID as a string. Returns undef if no ID was yet read. $discid->last_track_num() Return the number of the last track on this disc. Returns undef if no ID was yet read. $discid->put( $first_track, $sectors, $offset1, $offset2, ... ) This function may be used if the TOC has been read earlier and you want to calculate the disc ID afterwards, without accessing the disc drive. $discid->read( [$device] ) Read the disc ID from the given device. If no device is given the default device of the platform will be used. On error, this function returns false and sets the error message which you can access $discid->error_msg(). $discid->sectors() Return the length of the disc in sectors. Returns undef if no ID was yet read. $discid->submission_url() Returns a submission URL for the DiscID as a string. Returns undef if no ID was yet read. $discid->track_length( $track_num ) Return the length of a track in sectors. $discid->track_offset( $track_num ) Return the sector offset of a track. $discid->webservice_url() Returns a Webservice URL for the DiscID as a string. Returns undef if no ID was yet read. SEE ALSO
<http://musicbrainz.org/doc/libdiscid> AUTHOR
Nicholas J. Humfrey <njh@aelius.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 Nicholas J. Humfrey This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-15 MusicBrainz::DiscID(3pm)