Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Killing a zombie process[PRD] Post 302532585 by saps19 on Tuesday 21st of June 2011 10:19:35 AM
Old 06-21-2011
So what do you sugest then, as it is a Production Server!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zombie process

How do i kill a zombie process. Is it that only root can kill a zombie process. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: orca
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zombie process

I would like to create a zombie process so that I can test monitoring software functionality. Any techniques? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swhitney
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing of a process and send a mail if the process doesnot come up within 2 minutes

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prince89
1 Replies

4. Linux

zombie process

Hi What is the command to find only the zombie processes?? How to write the code in C to fetch the no. of zombie processes?? Thanx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeenat
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zombie process

Hi I need help because I don't know if it is possible to add a find inside a cat. like I have a file with the pid of the process that use to became zombie. And I have the same pid stored in the var (pid1) now, I have no clue how to check if the the find finds the pid or even if it's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

killing zombie threads

I have an app server running on Redhat 4.0. There are about 30 processes spawned (all by the same user). When the DB goes down before the app server, it leaves them all running, but they're zombies. The app utility can't shut them down even when the DB comes back up. I've killed them from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
2 Replies

7. Solaris

zombie process

dear friends, in an interview they asked me what is zombie process. how we can identifying these process.if can you kill all zombie process. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
8 Replies

8. AIX

zombie process

Is there an equivilant to the preap command in AIX that would allow me to get rid of a zombie process. I am new to AIX, moving over from Solaris and in the past I have been able to preap the pid on the defunct process to clean them up. I have looked around and the best I can see is that it may... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboots
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the age of a unix process, killing old processes, killing zombie processes

I had issues with processes locking up. This script checks for processes and kills them if they are older than a certain time. Its uses some functions you'll need to define or remove, like slog() which I use for logging, and is_running() which checks if this script is already running so you can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukerman
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Zombie process

What is the overhead associated with zombie process?Is it running out of process-ID?:confused: Since some information is stored in process table.. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jois
4 Replies
Net::Server::MultiType(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Net::Server::MultiType(3)

NAME
Net::Server::MultiType - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::MultiType); sub process_request { #...code... } my @types = qw(PreFork Fork Single); Net::Server::MultiType->run(server_type => @types); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality is intended to allow for easy use of multiple Net::Server personalities. Given a list of server types, Net::Server::MultiType will require one at a time until it finds one that is installed on the system. It then adds that package to its @ISA, thus inheriting the methods of that personality. ARGUMENTS
In addition to the command line arguments of the Net::Server base class, Net::Server::MultiType contains one other configurable parameter. Key Value Default server_type 'server_type' 'Single' server_type May be called many times to build up an array or possible server_types. At execution, Net::Server::MultiType will find the first available one and then inherit the methods of that personality CONFIGURATION FILE
"Net::Server::MultiType" allows for the use of a configuration file to read in server parameters. The format of this conf file is simple key value pairs. Comments and white space are ignored. #-------------- file test.conf -------------- ### multi type info ### try PreFork first, then go to Single server_type PreFork server_type Single ### server information min_servers 20 max_servers 80 spare_servers 10 max_requests 1000 ### user and group to become user somebody group everybody ### logging ? log_file /var/log/server.log log_level 3 pid_file /tmp/server.pid ### access control allow .+.(net|com) allow domain.com deny a.+ ### background the process? background 1 ### ports to bind host 127.0.0.1 port localhost:20204 port 20205 ### reverse lookups ? # reverse_lookups on #-------------- file test.conf -------------- PROCESS FLOW
See Net::Server HOOKS
There are no additional hooks in Net::Server::MultiType. TO DO
See Net::Server AUTHOR
Paul T. Seamons paul@seamons.com SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::Fork, Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::Single perl v5.18.2 2012-06-05 Net::Server::MultiType(3)