Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with convert string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with convert string Post 302532189 by Franklin52 on Monday 20th of June 2011 07:58:52 AM
Old 06-20-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartus11
Code:
echo "abcdefg" | sed 's/./\\\0/g'

With the command above I get this as output:
Code:
echo "abcdefg" | sed 's/./\\\0/g'
\0\0\0\0\0\0\0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

convert from an integer to a string

i want to convert from an integer to a string..in unix...i am writing a C program with embedded SQL... I remeber using itoa...but for some reason it doesnt work......i cant find it in the manual..... Maybe that is the wrong command..... but i have checked Dev Studio.....and it doest exist in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojomonkeyhelper
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a string to int

Hi, i want to read a text file whose content(single line) will be a number like 1 or 2 or 3 ..... what i want to do is to read the file and increment the content of the file, using unix scripting. Regards, Senthil Kumar Siddhan. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthilk615
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert String to Date

Hi, I have a String input parameter like this: 20080430 (YYYYMMDD). Inside my korn shell script I need to add one day to this date. L_TRADE_DAY=$1 let L_TODAY=$L_TRADE_DAY+1 Offcourse this raises a problem at the end of a month. 20080430 + 1 gives 20080431 instead of 20080501. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ORatjeuh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert array into the string

Hi I have a line/string as follows: A=" 3498 NORDEA - INDX LINKED NORY" which was converted into an array of characters: p321$ echo "${ARR}" 3 4 9 8 N O R D E A - I N D X L I N K E D N O R Y When I am trying print this array there are blank... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert string to uppercase

i have this piece of small code that checks for *.CSV files. NUMFILES=`ls -1 *.CSV | wc -l` for filename in $(ls -1 *.CSV) do ... done it works only if the files has an uppercase of *.CSV extension. however, when there is a file of the same type but has lowercase *.csv... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert output to string

Hi Guys, is there any command to convert the output returned by the below command to string format: Code: sed 1!d filename Output is : 108 ---------- Post updated at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:00 AM ---------- Because i am using this output as string parameter ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kam786sim
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string in a column

Hi I got this: aix.acct,aix.system.config.cron,aix.system.config.src,aix.system.install,string2 and I want this: aix.acct system.config.cron aix.system.config.src aix.system.install string2 I tried using sed by changing ',' into an 'ENTER' but I couldn't. :-( thxs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert string using sed

I have a couple structure definitions in my input code. For example: struct node { int val; struct node *next; }; or typedef struct { int numer; int denom; } Rational; I used the following line to convert them into one line and copy it twice. sed '/struct*{/{:l... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: James Denton
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a String to a Number

I read in two numbers from a user but the number is a string. #!/bin/bash read -p "Enter first number: " num1 read -p "Enter second number: " num2 I know you can use the the "expr" or "bc" command to automatically convert the string to a number then add them together. But I don't want to add... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loc
10 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)