Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to insert numbers to a in between statement Post 302532034 by guruprasadpr on Sunday 19th of June 2011 12:06:04 PM
Old 06-19-2011
Hi

Not sure why you are getting the error. Not able to reproduce the error in which ever shell I tried. An alternate:

Code:
sed -e 's/\(.*\)\(.\)/website \1\.\2\.numbers.com/' a | awk 'BEGIN{print "#!/bin/bash\n"}1'

Guru.
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command for INSERT statement

Hi, I sometimes bulk upload data in oracle. The problem is that I sometimes get an INSERT statemnt like this: INSERT INTO ALL_USER_HOTSPOT_DETAILS (USR_LOGIN,USR_LASTNAME,USR_FIRSTNAME,USR_EMAIL, PROPERTYNR) VALUES ('SABRDAG','D'AGOS','SABRINA','sabrina_d'agos@sheraton.com',70) I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nattynatty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert TAB in echo statement

Hi, Can some1 help me to output a tab in an echo statement. I have tried echo "RNC: \t NODEB" but dont get the correct output. I am a beginnger to unix, so pls hold back the laughs....if u can (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunils27
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script does not execute Insert Statement

Hi I have a text file , contents are Line1:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line2:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 Line3:field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field6.......field20 ....and so on... I want to read this file and insert the data into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amruta Pitkar
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is use sselect statement o/p in insert statement.

Hi All, I am using Unix ksh script. I need to insert values to a table using the o/p from a slelect statement. Can anybody Help! My script looks like tihs. ---`sqlplus -s username/password@SID << EOF set heading off set feedback off set pages 0 insert into ${TB_NAME}_D... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkosaraju
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in insert statement

hi, When i try to run the code below, i get the following error "ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected" i am not able to figure it out. Can anyone help me? Code: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragavhere
2 Replies

6. Programming

Dynamic Insert statement

I have a form , where i will put the values to a table. I wrote a insert statement for the same. Table structure is ename | character varying(30) | eadd | character varying(30) | eid | integer | sal | integer In the statements, i don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

7. Programming

Assign variable for INSERT INTO statement

Hello, Can anyone tell me that, How can I assign variable to shell script variable, which i need to use in INSERT INTO statement? my shell script variables are, EMPNAME=`regular expression` EMPID=`regular expression` EMPBDATE=`regular expression` Now through ksh script I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert date in a statement?

Hi Guys, Can somebody help me in inserting today's DATE format (20110709) in my awk statement. I have a script but its not working. inputfile.txt: 269,1,0,AAA,430 231,2,0,BBB,430 252,3,0,CCC,430 214,4,0,DDD,430 script.sh #!/bin/bash DATE="`date +%Y%m%d`" cd /var/opt/ (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinpe
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert random numbers into each line?

I have a file contains thousands of lines. I want to insert n random numbers into each line at specific position. Like this: 0 22…… 1 33…… …… …… I want to insert 3 random numbers from position 2 to 4 into each line. 0 325 22…… 1 685 33…… …… …… Please use CODE tags when... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hhdzhu
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)