Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: md5sum output append
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting md5sum output append Post 302531908 by kogorman on Saturday 18th of June 2011 04:10:24 PM
Old 06-18-2011
not at all its cool.. I tried the last code but alas it dint pretty much the same again...
anyway not to worry, and thanks a million for giving it a shot or 3 Smilie...

all the best.

---------- Post updated at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:49 PM ----------

Hi, I managed to get this to work for me. Please close.

Here is how I got it to work.

Code:
find /media/Vista/Garmin/ -type f -printf "%A+ (a),%6s, %p\n%T+ (m),%6s, %p\n%C+ (c),%6s, %p\n" | while read line;   
do   
name="$(echo $line | cut -d, -f2)";   
hash="$(echo $name | md5sum | awk -F" " '{print $1}')";   
echo $line $hash;   
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append output to file

Hi, I have a script below. It get's the data from the output of a script that is running hourly. My problem is every time my script runs, it deletes the previous data and put the current data. Please see output below. What I would like to do is to have the hourly output to be appended on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayhanne
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Output to another file in Perl

Hi All, I am writing a Perl script such that the output from "perl myscript.pl file1" to be appended to another file name called file2. I tried out with the below code but couldn't work. Can any expert give me some advice? open(OUTPUT, 'perl myscript.pl file1 |'); close OUTPUT;... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output continously from a script

Hi All, Am using the below script to produce some statistics. Currently it send the results to a log file and sends the contents of the log to a mail ID. Next time when it runs it erases the previous log and writes the latest output to the log file. I want the output to be appended to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirmal84
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Output to file but append rather than overwrite?

I am running a command which has a parameter that outputs the results to a file each time it is run. Here is the command: --fullresult=true > importlog.xml Can I add the output to the file rather than creating a new one which overwrites the existing one? If not can I make the file name... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append the output data horizontally

Hi experts i have a simple script that fetches the count from different servers and inserts ahead of server name like below servera,1 serverb,25 serverc,35 what i want to do is now when i run this script next day i want that output to be next to the earlier one like below and if possible... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj2989
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append an output file with two columns

Hi All, can you help me with this: grep XXX dir/*.txt|wc -l > newfile.txt - this put the results in the newfile.txt, but I want to add another column in the newfile.txt, string 'YYYYY', separated somehow, which corresponds on the grep results? For example grep will grep XXX dir/*.txt|wc -l >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append a value to the output after using sed command?

Hi All, I have a file where I am converting newlines to comma separated values but I would like to append zero if the output is empty Here is the command I am using sed -n -e 'H;${x;s/\n/,/g;s/^,//;p;}' test1.txt test1.txt will have comma seperated values but sometimes this file can be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeevm
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append to a file repeating output

Hello, i'm trying to force a command to read every second from an interface watch -n1 (command) /dev/x | cat >> output but it continue to overwrite the file, without append the content Thanks and advace for help as usual regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Board27
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append the output in a new column?

input1 john 20 bob 30 input2 john 60 bob 100 cat input1 >> output cat input2 >> output ouput john 20 bob 30 john 60 bob 100 desired output input1 input1 input2 input2 john 20 john 60 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

WHy do we need both append and output directives?

Hi, I was reviewing a shell script and I found this line: yum -y update >> >(/usr/bin/tee /var/log/file) I have tried removing the >> directive and all that will occur is that the file will be created--nothing gets put in the file. If I put back the >> directive it works. If I remove the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies
PASSWORD_VERIFY(3)							 1							PASSWORD_VERIFY(3)

password_verify - Verifies that a password matches a hash

SYNOPSIS
boolean password_verify (string $password, string $hash) DESCRIPTION
Verifies that the given hash matches the given password. Note that password_hash(3) returns the algorithm, cost and salt as part of the returned hash. Therefore, all information that's needed to verify the hash is included in it. This allows the verify function to verify the hash without needing separate storage for the salt or algorithm information. PARAMETERS
o $password - The user's password. o $hash - A hash created by password_hash(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the password and hash match, or FALSE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 password_verify(3) example <?php // See the password_hash() example to see where this came from. $hash = '$2y$07$BCryptRequires22Chrcte/VlQH0piJtjXl.0t1XkA8pw9dMXTpOq'; if (password_verify('rasmuslerdorf', $hash)) { echo 'Password is valid!'; } else { echo 'Invalid password.'; } ?> The above example will output: Password is valid! SEE ALSO
password_hash(3), userland implementation. PHP Documentation Group PASSWORD_VERIFY(3)