Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris Ports
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Ports Post 302531867 by fpmurphy on Saturday 18th of June 2011 09:56:39 AM
Old 06-18-2011
Unless you have a way of configuring application A - no.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aggregate ethernet ports under Solaris

I have been looking for info on how to aggregate 2 ore 3 NIC's into into one big pipe. Any advice would be appreciated. -Chuck (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Nonprivileged ports on solaris

Is there a way to change a privileged TCP port (say 80) to a nonprivileged one.. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssow
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1012-1020 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. One server has all these on and one server just has 1017. *.1023 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csross
3 Replies

4. Solaris

open ports solaris 8

Hello, I have a number of Solaris 8 Sun servers that have open ports that I cannot identify. I see some with 1013-1023 (which are reserved ports according to the IANA. Lsof does not identify these. I rebooted the server and they went off, but this morning I saw they were all back on again. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csgonan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Ports on Solaris

please provide info. @ how to open ports in solaris? and how to check that which port assigns with which process. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkraj
5 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Ports open on solaris/linux

Hi, I am trying to close all possible ports on my solaris and linux servers. I am stuck on the following ports on both Solaris 10 (local zone) and Linux (Suse) servers. Here is nmap output : PORT STATE SERVICE 22/tcp open ssh 80/tcp open http 1720/tcp open H.323/Q.931... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manifesto
6 Replies

7. Solaris

Open ports in solaris 10

hi guys, may i know the exact steps to open a port in solaris.i have some rough idea - which is adding the port number in /etc/services. but i am not sure the correct conventions, steps or any other steps. kindly advise.thanks guys ! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cromohawk
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Blocking outgoing connection to ports/host in solaris

Hi, I want to block all outgoing connection ( the IMAP ) to my exchnage . I have to do it in my solaris server; from solaris host no outgoing connection can be made to the imap server. Please help me to configure that. I am new in solaris. Kind regards, Akhtar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhtarbd
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Processes listening on Ports(Solaris)

Howdy Experts, This is my first post here and I am posting because I have not been able to find an answer for this question. How do you find out what process is listening on a given port? I do not have "lsof" available and how do we find this out without logging in as Root. I know that this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KingaKoopa
5 Replies
asadmin-create-iiop-listener(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-create-iiop-listener(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-create-iiop-listener, create-iiop-listener - adds the IIOP listener SYNOPSIS
create-iiop-listener --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --listeneraddress address [--iiopport iiop_port] [--enabled=true] [--property (name=value)[:name=value]*] listener_ID Adds the IIOP listener. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --listeneraddress can be the IP address or the hostname --iiopport IIOP port number. --enabled determines whether the IIOP listener is enabled at runtime. --property optional attribute name/value pairs for configuring the resource. OPERANDS
listener_id unique identifier for the IIOP listener to be created. Example 1: Using create-iiop-listener asadmin> create-iiop-listener --user admin --password adminadmin --host fuyako --port 7070 --listeneraddress 192.168.1.100 --iiopport 8080 sample_iiop_listener Created IIOP listener with id = sample_iiop_listener Where: sample_iiop_listener is the IIOP listener created. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-iiop-listener(1AS), asadmin-list-iiop-listeners(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-iiop-listener(1AS)