Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting executing commands in remote server using ssh Post 302530521 by maitree on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 08:26:24 AM
Old 06-14-2011
executing commands in remote server using ssh

many commands means i have written a script .I want instead of executing that script I want that commands present inside the script should be executed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing awk in a remote server using ssh

Hello Everybody, I'm facing a weird problem with the awk command. I'm trying to execute a simple awk command as follows, echo 1 2 | awk '{print $2}' This command prints the output 2. When i try to execute the same command in a remote server using ssh as follows, ssh user@host... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikv
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing commands over ssh

Hi I am trying to send a command over ssh with a parameter but the shell fails to expand the command properly any ideas what am i doing wrong with this. This is ssh on AIX for i in 71 72 73 74 75 do for server in server1 server2 do somestr="Some String" echo "$server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to stay in remote shell after executing commands in ssh?

the ssh calling convention: ssh <server> If I put commands in the section, ssh will execute them immediately after logging in and return to local shell. I want to stay in the remote shell after executing these commands. How can I achieve this? Thanks for all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hplonlien
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with executing multiple commands in remote machine

Hi, I work on a jumpserver and I wrote a script to transfer a file from source server to destination server. #!/bin/ksh echo "\nEnter the file name:\n" read name echo "\nSelect the Source server\n" echo "1. ODS PROD " echo "2. ODS DROPBOX" echo "3. ODS STE" echo "4. ODS STE DROPBOX"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayakunuri
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing remote commands via ssh

Hi, I'm tryin to write a script that will collect information about a remote servers, put them into variables and print them to screen. # /usr/bin/bash ls $1 > /dev/null 2>/dev/null if then echo "$1 is file" for server in $(cat $1) do # echo $server ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Commands on a Remote Linux Server over SSH

Hello, I'm trying to create a ksh script to ssh to a remote server, enter the password and a couple commands. For security reasons I have changed the login, password and ip in my example. #!/bin/ksh ssh -t -t username@12.5.5.3 << EOF password cd bin pwd EOF When I run it. It... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run commands on remote server using ssh password less authentication?

Hi, I need to run a script located in a directory on remote server by using ssh authentication from my local unix server. Can anyone help me in this. I have tried the below command. It worked for echo command but when i tried to open a file using cat command it is showing "cat: cannot open... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh - running commands on remote server

Hi, I am trying to run commands on a list of servers that I can ssh to and just want to know if there is a 'cleaner' way of doing this. At the moment, I am doing as below. Is there a way that I can escape the double quote differently? If a use a single quote to enclose the commands that I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in executing cat (remote ssh)

Hi, I need to ssh remotely to a machine and cat a file assign the value to a variable Script: #!/bin/bash -x value=`cat config.txt` echo "$value" ssh me@xxx.host.com "valu='cat /export/home/test.md5'; echo "$valu"" | tee Execution: $ ./x ++ cat config.txt + value='touch me' +... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: close2jay
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote script via SSH not executing

I have worked on multiple scenarios to execute remote script via ssh. This problem I am not able to resolve. 2 linux hosts. Server1, Server2 on Server1 I have script called ~/scripts/start_standalone.sh XXXX cd $JBOSS_HOME NODENAME=xyz; IP_ADDR=`hostname`; MGMT_IPADDR=`hostname`;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclermanpt
3 Replies
after(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  after(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
after - Execute a command after a time delay SYNOPSIS
after ms after ms ?script script script ...? after cancel id after cancel script script script ... after idle ?script script script ...? after info ?id? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to delay execution of the program or to execute a command in background sometime in the future. It has several forms, depending on the first argument to the command: after ms Ms must be an integer giving a time in milliseconds. The command sleeps for ms milliseconds and then returns. While the command is sleeping the application does not respond to events. after ms ?script script script ...? In this form the command returns immediately, but it arranges for a Tcl command to be executed ms milliseconds later as an event handler. The command will be executed exactly once, at the given time. The delayed command is formed by concatenating all the script arguments in the same fashion as the concat command. The command will be executed at global level (outside the context of any Tcl procedure). If an error occurs while executing the delayed command then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. The after command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after cancel. after cancel id Cancels the execution of a delayed command that was previously scheduled. Id indicates which command should be canceled; it must have been the return value from a previous after command. If the command given by id has already been executed then the after can- cel command has no effect. after cancel script script ... This command also cancels the execution of a delayed command. The script arguments are concatenated together with space separators (just as in the concat command). If there is a pending command that matches the string, it is cancelled and will never be executed; if no such command is currently pending then the after cancel command has no effect. after idle script ?script script ...? Concatenates the script arguments together with space separators (just as in the concat command), and arranges for the resulting script to be evaluated later as an idle callback. The script will be run exactly once, the next time the event loop is entered and there are no events to process. The command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after can- cel. If an error occurs while executing the script then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. after info ?id? This command returns information about existing event handlers. If no id argument is supplied, the command returns a list of the identifiers for all existing event handlers created by the after command for this interpreter. If id is supplied, it specifies an existing handler; id must have been the return value from some previous call to after and it must not have triggered yet or been cancelled. In this case the command returns a list with two elements. The first element of the list is the script associated with id, and the second element is either idle or timer to indicate what kind of event handler it is. The after ms and after idle forms of the command assume that the application is event driven: the delayed commands will not be executed unless the application enters the event loop. In applications that are not normally event-driven, such as tclsh, the event loop can be entered with the vwait and update commands. SEE ALSO
bgerror(n), concat(n), update(n), vwait(n) KEYWORDS
cancel, delay, idle callback, sleep, time Tcl 7.5 after(n)