Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Why segmentation(coredump) in the following code in C? Post 302530449 by AAKhan on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 04:22:53 AM
Old 06-14-2011
hi All
This is the way i have declared cRes. sReq is very large string and i declared sRes as char sRes[2500] which is global.

char* cRes;
cRes = (char*) malloc(5 + sizeof(sReq));

What could be the problem?
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Segmentation fault(coredump)

Hi All Can anybody help me? When ever am trying to run topas system gives me an error Segmentation fault(coredump) does anybody ahve solution for this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

lpstat gives segmentation coredump error

hi everyone, we have solaris 8 in sun v480 server. it gives this error. Segmentation Fault(coredump) can anyone help me in this - urgently. Regards Karthik C (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cksriramchandra
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Segmentation (CoreDump) error !!

Hi all, I am trying to create few directories using script and its giving me segmentation error. #!/bin/ksh createDirectories() createDirectories() { cat dirs | \ while read line do mkdir... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Segmentation Fault(coredump)

I'm getting this error when trying to run a Acucobol program thru UNIX.. Segmentation Fault(coredump) Precompiler error prevents compilation of xxxxxx.co. Please help me in this case.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manish4
1 Replies

5. AIX

Segmentation fault in nsgetcinfo in aix 64-bit c code

Hello, I am running on a AIX5.2 server with Oracle 10g and 9i. My code compiles and works fine in 32-bit mode. The same code compiles in 64-bit and runs good. The program catches CNTRL-C signal to terminate. Only on 64-bit code when i hit CNTRL-C, the program exits with segmentation... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh0710
0 Replies

6. Programming

C code : Segmentation fault

Hi Friends, I have written a small code in C which performs the below operations Task : 1 ) read line by line from a file. 2 ) assuming 3th and 4th fields of the file as GN and GNTO 3 ) The target file should contain all the fields except GNTO. 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_bhatter
3 Replies

7. Programming

this code for addind polynomials using linked lists showed segmentation error..any help pls..

the error occurs in the function() "add" used... #include<stdio.h> #include<malloc.h> struct node { int exp; int coef; struct node * link; }; struct node * create_list(struct node *,int,int); void display(struct node *); struct node * add(struct node *,struct node *); ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mscoder
3 Replies

8. Programming

This code keeps giving me a segmentation fault why?

#include<stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> #include "tlpi_hdr.h" #include <stdio.h> static volatile int glob = 0; static struct { pthread_t t1,t2; } *thread; static void * /* Loop 'arg' times incrementing 'glob' */ threadFunc(void *arg) { int loops = *((int *) arg); ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fwrlfo
1 Replies

9. Programming

Why does this example C code run and yet SHOULD either not compile or give a segmentation fault?

Apologies for any typos... Well guys, been researching 'goto' in C and they say that you can't 'goto' labels in another function as a segmentation fault will occur. However I have found a way to 'goto' a label in another function that is NOT main() using the asm() function. As you know I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
14 Replies
g2p-sk(1)							   USER COMMANDS							 g2p-sk(1)

NAME
g2p-sk - phonetic transcription for Slovak SYNOPSIS
g2p-sk [--color] [--dl debug level] [--help] [--stats] [--ofile <file_name>] [<input file>] DESCRIPTION
The phonetic transcription is essential for some linguistic or speech recognition applications. Depending on the language either rule based or statistical approach is being used. g2p-sk implements the rule based approach but in the future it may be replaced by statistical one. Each input word consisting of the sequence of graphemes is transcribed in to the sequence of phones in the SAMPA coding. If no input file is specified, the standard input is expected. If input file is used then the output is written in to the file as well. The filename is input filename with the extension "_trans.txt". The input output code page is ISO 8859-2. To use it with different CP use some CP converter and pipes. For example to have input and output in UTF-8 use (for interactive use): filterm UTF8-iso2 iso2-UTF8 g2p-sk or (for batch processing) iconv -f UTF-8 -t ISO_8859-2 | g2p-sk | iconv -f ISO_8859-2 -t UTF-8 Performance of the phonetic transcription depend on the morphematic segmentation. To improve the quality of the morphematic segmentation is possible to replace the small version of the simple morphematic dictionary in the /usr/share/g2p_sk/Exceptions/morfemy.ddat with the better one. The syllabic segmentation is as important as morphematic one. The syllabic segmentation is provided by sylseg-sk package. The design of the g2p-sk is language dependent. To use it for another language the all rules need to be rewritten. OPTIONS
--color Enable color output. --dl 1..5 Set the debug level. Control the amount of displayed information The debug level 0 displays nothing. The maximum level 5 displays full debugging report. The default debug level is 1. --help Display a short help text --ofile <file_name> Write output also in to given file. --stats Count and display statistic for each phone EXAMPLES
Use standard input and debug level 3: g2p-sk --dl 3 Process all the from file aaa.txt: g2p-sk aaa.txt EXIT STATUS
g2p-sk returns a zero if it succeeds to process all the input words AUTHOR
Jozef Ivanecky (dodo (at) kanoistika.sk) SEE ALSO
sylseg-sk(1), filterm(1), iconv(1), konwert(1) version 0.4 May 17, 2009 g2p-sk(1)