Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Select only the files created in the last 24 hours Post 302530364 by itkamaraj on Monday 13th of June 2011 11:06:39 PM
Old 06-14-2011
Code:
find . -mtime 0   # find files modified between now and 1 day ago
                  # (i.e., within the past 24 hours)
find . -mtime -1  # find files modified less than 1 day ago
                  # (i.e., within the past 24 hours, as before)
find . -mtime 1   # find files modified between 24 and 48 hours ago
find . -mtime +1  # find files modified more than 48 hours ago

This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete files that are over 2 hours old

guys, I have a need for a script that will delete all files in a given directory that are over 2 hours old. I will set this up to run in cron. I'm having a little trouble coming up with the syntax that will identify these files. Is there a variation of the ls command that I can use to identify... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files created in last 24 hours

I need a script which list the files which is starting with the word heap*** and that is created before past 24 hours.I need the script using find command. please help me on this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

list the file created before 24 hours using ls command

I want to list the files created before past 24 hours using ls command. please help me on this (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaramanit
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding a file created within the last 24 hours

which out of atime, ctime, or mtime are the closest to diplaying only the files created within the last 24 hours. is it even possible to find only the files created in the last 24 hours, because I heard that unix files don't hold the creation time as a property of the file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files by hours old?

I need to be able to do the following: Find files in multiple directories that are 6 hours older than the current time? I am using KSH I tried mmtime but it was not a valid option Any help would be great. Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to list files between last 6 hours to 3 hours

Hi Frens, I want to list some files from a directory, which contains "DONE" in their name, i am receiving files every minute. In this i want to list all the files which are newer than 6 hours but older than 3 hours, of current time i dont want my list to contain the latest files which are ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file created is less than 4 hours or not.

Hi, I need to check some files in one directory whether any files has been created before 4 hours(ie, less than 4 hours from the current time). Can anybody help me out..? Thanks in advance..! (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
21 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

files older than few hours

Hi All I need to know the command which can be used to list the files which are 3 hours old so that it can be deleted. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get filelist in a folder which is created in last x hours

Hi , I am looking for some help in getting the list of files matching some pattern in a folder and those were created in last X hours. Please help. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the file name and no of records in each files for the files created on a specific day

Hi, I want to display the file names and the record count for the files in the 2nd column for the files created today. i have written the below command which is listing the file names. but while piping the above command to the wc -l command its not working for me. ls -l... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
5 Replies
uuclean(1M)															       uuclean(1M)

NAME
uuclean - uucp spool directory clean-up SYNOPSIS
[options] DESCRIPTION
The commands, including are targeted for removal from HP-UX; see the below. scans the spool directories for files with the specified prefix and deletes all those that are older than the specified number of hours. Options recognizes the following options: Clean directory instead of the spool directory. If directory is not a valid spool directory, it cannot contain ``work files''; i.e., files whose names start with These files have special meaning to pertaining to job statistics. Scan for files with pre as the file prefix. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. A without any pre following will cause all files older than the specified time to be deleted. Files whose age is more than time hours are deleted if the prefix test is satisfied (default time is 72 hours). The default action for is to remove files that are older than a specified time (see option). The option is used to find files older than time hours; however, the files are not deleted. If the argument file is present the warning is placed in file; oth- erwise, the warnings go to the standard output. Only files destined for system sys are examined. Up to 10 arguments can be specified. The option sends mail to the owner of the file when it is deleted. If a file is specified, an entry is placed in file. This program is typically started by (see cron(1M)). WARNINGS
Use of commands, including is discouraged because they are targeted for removal from HP-UX. Use ftp(1) or rcp(1) instead. FILES
spool directory SEE ALSO
uucp(1), uux(1), cron(1M), uucleanup(1M). Tim O'Reilly and Grace Todino, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. Grace Todino and Dale Dougherty, O'Reilly & Associates, Inc. USA. TO BE OBSOLETED uuclean(1M)