Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regex - start with a word but ignore that word Post 302530214 by ygemici on Monday 13th of June 2011 09:18:58 AM
Old 06-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by posix
This is not working if we have a further line exist in the file. i.e.after "TEST Failed" .
Code:
# awk '/^Verify/{next;getline txt};  $txt !~ /^TEST/ ; $txt ~ /^TEST/{exit}' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying lines from fileA if they start by a word from fileB

Hi I'm in the need of a script that basically takes two files and generates a 3rd. It reads from fileA and fileB and copies lines from fileA if they start by a word of fileB. for example fileA The dog is beautful Where is your cat Why are you sad? Help me! fileB The Where tree dog... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrancoisCN
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script to ignore word from a line ...

Hi Gurus, I'm need of a script in which we are finding an independent word ‘boy' in a log file. We are using grep in order to do the same. Now in this log file there are some sentences where we see ‘This is a boy' and we do not want to count word ‘boy' from this sentence. So in other word we want... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: heyitsmeok
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore first word using sed in PERL

Please help me in ignoring first word in a line example Input log 123^Babd^Basdf789^B098^Bouiou Desired output abd,asdf789,098,ouiou 123 should be ignored is this possible using sed regular expressions Use code tags - you got a PM with a guide. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thankful123
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

start to print when a specified word is matched

Hello everybody, How can I start to print an output when a word hits the pattern space. for example: file.txt : first line second line third line fourth line ... cat file.txt > function "second" should print second line third line fourth line ... thanks for the replies now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oddant
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to ignore the text before a particular word

Hi I am new to Awk programming , i would appreciate if anyone help me with the below scenario i have text file arranged in rows and columns like below 11004 04493384 26798 CASSI0000I Server manager initialization started 111004 04493486 26798 CASSI4005I Retrieving ES... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex for word followed by another word

I want to find a regex command that I can run on the command line that will find a whole word followed by another whole word (that I specify in the command). What I am looking to do is also include a file extension (like .txt) in the command such that it only runs the regex on files with that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvsrvcs
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find EXACT word in files, just the word: no prefix, no suffix, no 'similar', just the word

I have a file that has the words I want to find in other files (but lets say I just want to find my words in a single file). Those words are IDs, so if my word is ZZZ4, outputs like aaZZZ4, ZZZ4bb, aaZZZ4bb, ZZ4, ZZZ, ZyZ4, ZZZ4.8 (or anything like that) WON'T BE USEFUL. I need the whole word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicchan
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex: Get the word before match

Hi Input: MYTEXT.aa.bb cc.MYTEXT.aa.bb ee.dd.cc.MYTEXT.aa.bb cc.NOTEXT.a.b Output: <empty> cc cc <empty> I would like to use a regex to extract the last word before MYTEXT without the dot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chitech
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

What is the most widely used word anchor used in Regex?

Hello, All I learned from book about word anchor "\<" and "\>"; however when I tested them, they seem to work only in grep. Can anyone suggest word anchor that can be used in grep, awk, perl ...? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: littlewenwen
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex to identify word in second position on a line

I am interested in finding a regex to find a word in second position on a line. The word in question is या I tried the following PERL EXPRESSION but it did not work: ] या or ^\W या But both gave Null results I am giving below a Sample file: देना या सौंपना=delegate तह जमना या... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
8 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - DOS/MAC to UNIX text file format converter SYNOPSYS
dos2unix [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents dos2unix, the program that converts plain text files in DOS/MAC format to UNIX format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates dos2unix under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. dos2unix Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. dos2unix a.txt b.txt dos2unix -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. Convert c.txt from Mac to Unix ascii format. dos2unix a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt dos2unix -c mac a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. dos2unix -k a.txt dos2unix -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. dos2unix -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. dos2unix a.txt -n b.txt e.txt dos2unix -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. dos2unix -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHORS
Benjamin Lin - <blin@socs.uts.edu.au> Bernd Johannes Wuebben (mac2unix mode) <wuebben@kde.org> MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
unix2dos(1) mac2unix(1) 1995.03.31 dos2unix v3.0 dos2unix(1)