Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Request function in block driver Post 302530109 by coeteam on Monday 13th of June 2011 02:22:29 AM
Old 06-13-2011
Request function in block driver

How to end the request(I/O) in block driver for particular disk drive without affecting other request intended for some other drives.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT: Script/Function needed to read text property files in block wise

Hi, Iam in a need for a script/function in KSH where I want to read a text file (property file) in block by block. Here is the example: Heading Name Descripton Block Block1 Value1 Description Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name Value Property Name... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysreenivas
7 Replies

4. Linux

Increasing total data size per file system request for block drivers

Hi All, I am writing a block driver for a 2GB SD card where i get the total amount of data per request as follows: struct request *req; uint card_addr,total_bytes; struct request_queue *rq = BlkDev->queue; req = elv_next_request(rq); .. .. card_addr = req->sector*512;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amio
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Ending SCSI request in block level driver

hi, We are currently working on block level driver in linux ubuntu .we are having a storage controller and we are trying to capture and filling the scsi requests to a particular LUN. We are trying to mask a request for that LUN. We were able to get LUN id of hard drive. Our objective is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coeteam
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What is the function to get address of the virtual memory block in linux??

I want address of current virtual memory block? i am using fedora10:wall::wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powyama
1 Replies

8. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Will files, creaetd in one function of the same script will be recognized in another function?

Dear All. I have a script, which process files one by one. In the script I have two functions. one sftp files to different server the other from existing file create file with different name. My question is: Will sftp function recognize files names , which are created in another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
dda(7D) 							      Devices								   dda(7D)

NAME
dda - MMS disk archiving driver SYNOPSIS
/devices/pseudo/dda@lun:bn DESCRIPTION
The Media Management System (MMS) is a distributed removable media management system based on the IEEE 1244 Media Management System speci- fication. MMS provides a uniform and consistent tape interface to client applications. The dda driver is a pseudo tape drive with filesystem file media. The dda driver is a minimal emulation of the st(7D) tape driver mtio(7I) interface with BSD no-rewind behavior and is used for MMS disk archiving. The dda driver should be used with a MMS MMP mount command han- dle. You configure DDA tapes, drives, and libraries for disk archiving using the mmsadm(1M) command. You also use mmsadm(1M) to mount and unmount dda media. CONFIGURATION
To set the number of disk archiving tape drives available for MMS disk archiving, edit the /kernel/drv/dda.conf configuration file. The default number of disk archiving tape drives is 20. The disk archiving tape drive devlinks are located in the /dev/dda directory. The DDA maximum block size is 262144 bytes and the minimum is 1 byte. FILES
/kernel/drv/dda 32-bit kernel module (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/dda 64-bit kernel module (SPARC) /kernel/drv/amd64/dda 64-bit kernel module (x86) /kernel/drv/dda.conf dda configuration file ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Architecture | SPARC, x86 | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmmsr | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
mt(1), mmsadm(1M), attributes(5), dmd(7D), st(7D), mtio(7I) IEEE 1244 Removable Media Standards Specification -- IEEE, 2000 SunOS 5.11 17 Oct 2008 dda(7D)