Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Convert root UFS to ZFS on x86 solaris 10/09 Post 302530095 by gowthamakanthan on Monday 13th of June 2011 01:16:51 AM
Old 06-13-2011
SMI intially .. After I have changed that in to EFI.. Finally found the issue...

I have tried with same type of disks, its working perfectly. Thanks Much.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Want to expand Solaris 10_x86 root UFS partition

OS: Solaris 10_x86. Problem: Server needs to be patched, but root "/" is near full. /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 4.2G 3.9G 284M 94% / The /exports/home dir has a lot more space, and I'd like to either move root "/" to it, or delete it all together: /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s7 12G ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
20 Replies

2. Solaris

ZFS on solaris 10 with x86 platform

HI , I required brief about the zfs creation on solaris 10 with x86 platform. I had done with sparc system. Is it same or different as Sparc. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing ZFS on an existing Solaris 10 install (UFS)

Hello, I am new to Solaris so i apologize upfront if my questions seem trivial. I am trying to install a ZFS file system on a Solaris 10 machine with UFS already installed on it. I want to run: # zpool create pool_zfs c0t0d0 then: # zfs create pool_zfs/fs My question is more to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Allocating space to ufs /usr by using ZFS in solaris

Hi, Im currently having my diskspace allocation of my UFS filesystem in solris as 100% for /usr directory.I have created a zfs pool of 3 gb.I want to allocate space from my zfs pool to /usr so that i can free space in /usr.Please help me it is quiet urgent. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Convert UFS (root) to VxFS

Hi all, How to i use vxfs for my server? Because when i install OS, it is installed with ufs, then after Solaris 10 installation, i proceed to install vxfs. How do i convert all the ufs to vxfs? Or is it what i'm doing is the incorrect way? Please help. :wall: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies
efi_ls(1M)																efi_ls(1M)

NAME
efi_ls - list EFI file information or contents of an EFI directory SYNOPSIS
devicefile] [path] DESCRIPTION
lists file information or contents of an EFI directory. The EFI file system is based on the FAT file system and used by the Itanium-based system BIOS to locate an HP-UX bootloader. See efi(4). lists filenames, last modified dates, and file sizes. devicefile should be a device file for an EFI volume. Given a path, determines whether the path is a file or a directory. For a file, lists the file by itself. For a directory, lists the contents of the directory. If no path is given, lists the root directory for EFI volume. A path should be relative to the root of the EFI volume specified by device- file, not to an HP-UX file system. Options recognizes the following option: devicefile is the device special file of the EFI file system to be listed. Without the option, uses the device file specified in the environment variable if it is defined. The option overrides the environment variable. RETURN VALUE
returns exit code 0 on success. Otherwise it prints a diagnostic message and returns nonzero. 0 Successful completion. >0 Error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
List a root directory of device file which contains an EFI file system: List a root directory of the persistent device file (see intro(7)), which contains an EFI file system: List the contents of directory of device file which contains an EFI file system: List information about the file of device file which contains an EFI file system: AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
efi_cp(1M), efi_fsinit(1M), efi_mkdir(1M), efi_rmdir(1M), efi_rm(1M), efi(4), intro(7). Itanium(R)-based Systems Only efi_ls(1M)