Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: html/bash button
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting html/bash button Post 302529885 by Corona688 on Saturday 11th of June 2011 01:50:16 AM
Old 06-11-2011
Check the value of the button in the POST or GET values and change what you want accordingly when the next webpage retrieval happens.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for using the Back button and the Close button

Here's a question I have for anyone that might be able to help me: I can write a html script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the back button, and I can write a script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the close button, but...is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdgibson
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with html button

Hello everyone, I am trying to implement an html button that will call a script and pass two arguments "perl script.pl website.com 1" this is for a search results page on a php spider called "sphider". the variable $url? is the url and Than needs to be one of the arguments in calling the script.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike171562
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling bash from html

I have a bash script (it downloads images and saves them) that I want to call from a link on a web page. I cant seem to make this work:mad: ? It works fine if I call it from command prompt. Any help much apprieciated.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leahy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove html tags with bash

Hello, is there a way to go through a file and remove certain html tags with bash? If it needs sed or awk, that'll do too. The reason why I want this is, because I have a monitor script which generates a logfile in HTML and every time it generates a logfile, the tags are reproduced. The tags... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavu88
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run shell commands via HTML webpage/button?

Hey guys, I got a issue here... we have a development box and a UAT box that our webmasters use, they do the webpage development on the development box and and save changed files to a particular directory on the dev machine. At a certain time of the day a cronjob kicks off and the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shellinabox/html help to insert a keypress with an html button

I am trying to use shellinabox as a terminal emulator. Everything is working except there seems to be no way to simulate an F14 button press in shellinabox. I am already embedding shellinabox in an html page so Im am wondering if there is a way to make an html/js button that will pass F14 to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: syadnom
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with a bash script to create a html table

Hi guys as the title says i need a little help i have partisally written a bash script to create a table in html so if i use ./test 3,3 i get the following output for the third arguement in the script i wish to include content that will be replace the A characters in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunryc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH parsing for html tags

Hello can anyone help me parse this line. <tr><td>United States of America</td><td>Dollar</td><td>43.309</td></tr><tr><td>Japan</td><td>Yen</td><td>0.5579</td></tr> the line above did not break. so i would like to have a result like this United States of America Dollar 43.309 Japan... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: doomsayer16
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to use HTML in UNIX Bash Scripting?

I am planning to run an automation , Could anyone try to help me to how to write an html in unix scripting so when I try to send email it should work especially with Bold and colors (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cassia
6 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux