Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux users can't sftp into my server Post 302529805 by Corona688 on Friday 10th of June 2011 01:42:04 PM
Old 06-10-2011
Me neither. 0666 is normal

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP plugin for Windows Users?

I've had the hardest time getting my Windows users (technically proficient users who grew up with VAX.VMS systems) to abandon FTP and TELNET for SSH and SFTP/SCP. It's getting to the point where I'm getting seriously angry at them for being "stupid". With that little bit of complaint aside after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Limiting SFTP Users While Not Limiting Regular Users?

Hi, I have searched the web and have come back with nothing that is satisfactory for what I require. SFTP is my corporations new file transfer standard. What I require is a method to lock down SFTP users to their directory (they may go to sub directories) while not restricting regular users. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Emancipator
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

umask for internal-sftp users ?

Hello, Running Debian 5. SSH version 5.1p1-5. How do I set umask for sftp only users ? Users are jailed - that means they use internal-sftp: # cat /etc/ssh/sshd_config .......... Match group group1 ChrootDirectory /home/%u X11Forwarding no AllowTcpForwarding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Loggin SFTP activity for chrooted (rssh) users

Hi, I need to log the activity of my SFTP (RHEL 5.4). I have this in /etc/sshd/sshd_config: Subsystem sftp /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server -f LOCAL5 -l VERBOSE And this in /etc/syslog.conf: LOCAL5.* /var/log/sftp.log When I log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tr0cken
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

sftp configuration | to lock users to their home folder.

In generally I use vsftp but I want to improve our security so I decide to use sftp instead of vsftp. We know that ssh,scp and sftp are in openssh server. How can I lock only sftp user to their home folder? And to prevent some users for sftp like root as such in vsftp daemon? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Restricting multiple users to run only sftp server

Hello, can someone please provide steps, can I restrict a multiple users to only access only sftp on a server, to perform upload and download of files on their home directories. 1. I have updated their login shell as /sbin/nologin. anything else do I need to update. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed SFTP script from windows to UNIX server and from UNIX to windows server(reverse SFTP)

hi guys, i need a script to sftp the file from windows to unix server ....(before that i have to check whether the file exists in the windows server or not and again i have to reverse sftp the files from unix to windows server..... regards, Vasa Saikumar. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
13 Replies

9. IP Networking

SFTP connection using two different users

Hi All This is regarding an SFTP Password less connection. I am logged into my local Server1 using username1. The remote server i have to connect is "Remoteserver1" with the "useriD" provided. I have already exchanged the public key and they are added to the authorized keys in the remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSh works but sftp doesn't for all users except root

I am sorry if i post in wrong Form. i have AIX server in which ssh works for all users but sftp only works for root user . it is too much important for me to solve this . Your help will be greatly appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khalid khanAIB
1 Replies
strsetup.conf(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						  strsetup.conf(4)

NAME
strsetup.conf - Configuration file for STREAMS drivers DESCRIPTION
The /etc/strsetup.conf file is the configuration file for STREAMS drivers. The strsetup.conf file specifies one or more character special files (or nodes) to be created when a STREAMS driver is configured into the kernel. If the driver is not configured, no character special files are created for it. If an old version of the file exists, the strsetup command removes it before the new one is created. The /etc/strsetup.conf file is defined as a Context-Dependent Symbolic Link (CDSL), and must be maintained as such. See the System Admin- istration manual for more information. Each entry in the /etc/strsetup.conf file specifies a driver name, device special file name, file mode and minor number. See the EXAMPLES section for a sample strsetup.conf file. Each line in the file is of the form: driver_name filename file_mode minor_number The fields have the following meanings: Specifies the name of the driver as reported by the strsetup -c command. This field is used to match the names read by the strsetup command from the kernel and must match exactly (the match is case sensitive). Specifies the full path name of the character special file or files to be created when driver_name is configured into the kernel. The filename can contain one conversion specifier in the style of printf(3). This conversion is used to include a minor device number in the filename. The permitted conversions are the following: Prints the minor number as a signed decimal Prints the minor number as a hexadecimal with lower case letters Prints the minor number hexadecimal with uppercase letters Prints octal Prints the minor number as an unsigned decimal Prints the minor number as a signed decimal Note that you must use a double percent sign (%%) to include a percent sign in the filename. Optionally, each of these conversions can include a specification for some number of leading 0's. This is done by following the % with a 0 and one or more digits specifying the total number of digits to be printed. The 0 must appear after the %. See the printf(3) reference page for more information. Any directories in the path of the filename that do not exist are created. Specifies the file mode assigned to the file when it is cre- ated. The file_mode field must always be in octal. The file is always created as a character special file. Specifies the minor device number field. The strsetup command reads the major device numbers from the kernel. This field indicates to the strsetup command how to assign minor device numbers. This minor_number field can contain the one of the following values: Indicates that the device should be cre- ated as a clone device. In this case the major number becomes that of the special clone pseudo-device driver and the minor device number becomes the device's major number. Note that the word clone must be lowercase. Creates a single device with the minor device number N. Note that N is a decimal number. Create M-N nodes with the devices' major numbers and minor numbers between M and N. Note that M and N are decimal numbers. When a range of minor numbers is specified, a filename conversion specifier can be used to make certain that each node created is unique. EXAMPLES
The following is a sample /etc/strsetup.conf file: special driver name filename file mode minor number ptm /dev/ptmx 0666 clone log /dev/streams/log 0666 clone nuls /dev/streams/nuls 0666 clone echo /dev/streams/echo 0666 clone sad /dev/sad/admin 0666 clone pts /dev/pts/%d 0666 0-127 FILES
STREAMS setup configuration file RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: strsetup(8) Network Programmer's Guide delim off strsetup.conf(4)