Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to save command into a file in linux Post 302529580 by ramkiran77 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 03:57:03 PM
Old 06-09-2011
how to save command into a file in linux

Hi

Can anyone suggest how i can save a command into a file.

i am trying to execute couple of put commands which i want to write into a file.

example below

put sample.dat abcd@server.com
put sample1.dat abcd@server.com

tried cat but no luck

Please suggest how i can do this

---------- Post updated at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:46 PM ----------

I have been using cat command all along, which cannot be used in scripting.

Hence i tried the alternative command echo

This worked well.

example below

echo "put sample.dat abcd@server.com" >> sample.file

Thank you for reading

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save all the command typed -urgent

hi I want to know how to save all the command used by all the used under a particular root with the time stamp in a file. Eg: User Name: UX10 Time: 10:56 Command: LS User Name: UX23 Time: 10:59 Command: MORE abc.txt Please do help. thanks and regards -Anand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anandtharani
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Rebuilding C++ Libraries to save Linux install (purely academic question)

The crisis is over. I am just doing postmortem on how we handled it. So this is just an exercise in academics. We have a mission critical system running on RED Hat Linux. It is a turnkey system "managed 100% by the vendor". I put this is quotes because we had an event last night that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

to save output of a command in hash variable

Hi all, is it possible to save the output of a unix command executed in perl to be saved in hash variable.. like i have the command `find $mypath ! -user mainuser -printf \"\%u \%h\\n\"`; this will print all the users other than mainuser with their paths. so is possible to capture... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saapa
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Time" command and save result in a file.txt

Hi, I'am using "time" to check execution time of some script. Is there any possibility to save time command result into a file ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Physix
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

the command to save session

I remember there is a command you can type and it records everything you type on after it...anybody can help a bit? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to save an output of a command in a variable

Hi, in shell script, i have the command swstart -p which returns an output. i want to store the output of this command into a variable. how i can do that excerpt from the script #!/usr/bin/ksh # # # # Program: swstart -p # # Description: Starts the sentinels on Slave server ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

save resolv.conf in linux

hi, I use red hat linux . When I start up network service . I get below error in eth2 root@vls etc]# service network restart Shutting down interface eth2: Shutting down loopback interface: Bringing up loopback interface: Bringing up interface eth2: RTNETLINK answers: File exists Error... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

save the return value of a unix command

Hi all, I am new in linux script, and I have the code below #!/bin/bash CMD="shuf -i 1-5 -n 1" $CMD echo $CMD exit 0 if I run the $CMD, it will return me a shuffle value. However, I need to save the return value of the shuffle, and use it later on. I tried for example print the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: peuceul
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
MAKEPERCENTRELAY(8)					      Double Precision, Inc.					       MAKEPERCENTRELAY(8)

NAME
makepercentrelay - Build a list of %-relayed domains SYNOPSIS
makepercentrelay DESCRIPTION
makepercentrelay reads /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dir and creates /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat which is a binary database file. The files /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay and /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat specify a list of "percent-hack" domains. /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay is a plain text file, containing one domain per line. The Courier mail server loads the contents of /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay into memory, so if you have a lot of domains, you will want to use the binary database file. The makepercentrelay command reads /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dir, which can be either a plain text file itself, or a directory containing plain text files. All files in the subdirectory are concatenated, and the binary database file is created from the result. the Courier mail server can use both /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay and /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat at the same time. Usually you would put a couple of your most frequent domains in /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay, then put the rest in /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dir, and use makepercentrelay to turn it into a database file. "percent-hack" domains are a list of domains for which the Courier mail server accepts mail via ESMTP addressed as "local%percent.hack.domain@local.domain", where "percent.hack.domain" is a domain found in /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay or /etc/courier/esmtppercentrelay.dat, and "local.domain" is any domain found in /etc/courier/locals. The Courier mail server removes the local domain, and rewrites the address as "local@percent.hack.domain", then attempts to deliver it. The percent hack applies only to mail received via ESMTP. The Courier mail server does not check this list of domains if the message is received via any other way (such as by running /usr/bin/sendmail directly from the command line). "percent.hack.domain" would likely to be a domain that the Courier mail server knows how to handle via some other means. It might be an entry in /etc/courier/aliases, or an entry in /etc/courier/esmtproutes. SEE ALSO
esmtpd(8)[1], makealiases(8)[2]. AUTHOR
Sam Varshavchik Author NOTES
1. esmtpd(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/esmtpd.html 2. makealiases(8) [set $man.base.url.for.relative.links]/makealiases.html Courier Mail Server 08/30/2011 MAKEPERCENTRELAY(8)