Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Problem accessing my domain from some computers Post 302529087 by Percyval on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 12:53:02 PM
Old 06-08-2011
Data Problem accessing my domain from some computers

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum...

Hi, I'm a newbie trying to set up my own home web server. I have an old laptop where I have a LAMP set up.

Virgin Media won't give me a static IP so I am using dyndns, my IP hasn't changed for months anyway...

So the problem is this...

The domain is leatherheadmfc.co.uk . From within the same network connection I can access the domain no problems. From my mobile phone, on a different network I can also access the domain with no problems.

However, I cannot reach the domain from any other computer outside of the network. A friend of mine from Poland was able to, but in the UK I have tried 3-4 computers with no luck, all give the standard 'Could not reach this page' error message. I have tried prefacing the domain with http:// to make sure, no luck.

Also, I cannot access my IP which is 82.3.228.202 (correct at time of posting, like I said it's not static). I can access it from my mobile and get the standard Apache page, as expected. I can also ping the IP and domain and get the correct response.

I thought at first it might be the DNS propagating slowly but it has been about 10 days now and I don't think that explains the direct IP not working anyway!

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give! If you need me to provide more information then let me know.

Thanks!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

domain name problem

Oct 8 05:01:50 servername sendmail: My unqualified host name (servername) unknown; sleeping for retry Oct 8 05:02:50 servername sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name (servername) -- using short name hi, dmesg catch this error. so what is it about and what shall i rectify about it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem accessing network using Linux

Ok, here at work, we have Windows computers which login into a MS domain server. Some of us also have Linux boxes which get a ip address from the dhcp server. We can see other boxes and see the internet until about 1 week ago. Now, we still get a ip address but can't see anything within our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing csh ?? (Newbie)

Hi All, Just recently started using a program in Unix for a client. I was sent a script to use but for some reason it's not working. The person who created the script first suggested I may need to edit the first line of the script so that it has the correct path for the csh file: #!/bin/csh -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmalt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in accessing variables outside shell

Hi, I have a shell script wherein i am doing some file operations and storing the data in some variables. I am exporting these variables as i need to use them outside shell. Then within the shell i am launching GDB session hoping that i will be able to access the exported variables in the GDB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsantosh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem Accessing disk

Basically I´m Absolutely New to Opensolaris (Started Using It This Morning), I´m Following A Tutorial On How To Access NTFS Partitions. Device Driver Utility Finds It And Says Everythings Fine With It DISK : ST3160022ACE Capacity : 160G Driver ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xXCanisLupusXx
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing array elements

Hi all, I can’t resolve an array element access issue on (Linux/pdksh) .. So I’m positing for advice.By the way - a friend demonstrated to me - same script works as expected under Solaris. I have been working on a documentation project where many *.jpg screen shots are used in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njdpo
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Problem in eth0 and eth1 sharing internet with other computers

hellow everbody. iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my desktop and iam new to linux. i have eth0 and eth1 on my desktop. so i have some problems i have menson here: i have edited: etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and i have edited iptables too # iptables -t nat -A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with accessing Samba shares on external (NON-DOMAIN) webserver(s)

Hi all, You may have seen my recent topic, where I asked for help getting some samba shares to work on our network. Now that these are working, I move on to the next hurdle! We have a few externally hosted (Windows Server 2008 R2) web servers which are not on our domain, but can still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgreen81
0 Replies
asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-delete-domain, delete-domain - deletes the givendomain SYNOPSIS
delete-domain [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--domaindir install_dir/domains] domain_name delete-domain deletes the specified domain. The domain must already exist and must be stopped. This command is supported in local mode only. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domain is to be deleted. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not speci- fied, the domain in the default install_dir/domains directory is deleted. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. OPERANDS
domain_name name of the domain. Must be a unique name. Example 1: Using delete-domain asadmin> delete-domain sampleDomain deleted domain sampleDomain successfully Where: the sampleDomain domain is deleted. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-domain(1AS)