Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AWK w/ if statements failing. Post 302529083 by nerdcurious on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 12:39:15 PM
Old 06-08-2011
You got it, that was my problem, thank you. I understand the missing braces, but could you explain why I needed an extra ";" ?

Code:
if($2 == s); getline

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk compound statements

how can i use two or multiple statements in the if part of an awk code for example i want to check two flag if they are true i will write some print operations and increase the counter. here is the c version of the code that i want to write: counter=0; if (flag1==1 && flag2==0) {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help a newbie please with awk if else statements

Hi, Despite reading the Conditional Statements chapter in the O'Reilly Sed & Awk book several times and looking at numerous examples, I cannot for the life of me get any kind of if ... else statement to work in my awk scripts! My scripts work perfectly (as they are written at least) and do what... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonathanm
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine awk statements

I have an awk statement that works but I am calling awk twice and I know there has to be a way to combine the two statements into one. The purpose is to pull out just the ip address from loopback1. cat config.txt | nawk 'BEGIN {FS="\n"}{RS="!"}{if ( $0 ~ "interface loopback1" ) print$4}' | nawk... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: numele
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining awk statements

I have a pretty simple script below: #!/bin/sh for i in *.cfg do temp=`awk '/^InputDirectory=/' ${i}` input_dir=`echo ${temp} | awk '{ print substr( $0, 16) }'` echo ${input_dir} done As you can see its opening each cfg file and searching for the line that has "InputDirectory="... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssbsts
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combining AWK statements

Hello UNIX Community, I have file that contains the following data: testAwk2.csv rabbit penguin goat giraffe emu ostrich hyena elephant panda dog cat pig lizard snake antelope platypus tiger cheetah lion rhino spider I then find the character length of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vnayak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK failing to parse on certain files

Dear Unix Gurus, need your expertise to help troubleshoot a certain problem i'm having. I crated a shell script which will ftp get 1 crash log from multiple servers (listed in a text file). Each log will then be parsed by calling an awk script. The problem is, for certain log its parsing... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarj
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two awk statements into one

Hi, I have the following two awk statements which I'd like to consolidate into one by piping the output from the first into the second awk statement (rather than having to write kat.txt out to a file and then reading back in). awk 'BEGIN {FS=OFS=" "} {printf("%s ", $2);for (x=7; x<=10;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kasan0
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem - combining awk statements

i have a datafile that has several lines that look like this: 2,dataflow,Sun Mar 17 16:50:01 2013,1363539001,2990,excelsheet,660,mortar,660,4 using the following command: awk -F, '{$3=strftime("%a %b %d %T %Y,%s",$3)}1' OFS=, $DATAFILE | egrep -v "\-OLDISSUES," | ${AWK} "/${MONTH} ${DAY}... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested awk Statements

Hello again everyone, yes, I'm back again for more help! So I'm attempting to read two separate files and generate some XML code from that. My current code is: BEGIN { print "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\">" print "<Export>" } { x=1; print "<section name=\"Query" NR "\">"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parrakarry
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with many if statements

Hi What is the right structure to use awk with multiple If statements The following code doesn't work # awk ' { A = $1 } END { for ( i = 1; i <= c; i++ ) { if ( A == 236 && A ==199... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaled79
7 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)