Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Passing arguments to shellcode Post 302528778 by image28 on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 04:03:23 AM
Old 06-08-2011
Passing arguments to shellcode

Is there any way I could pass arguments to shellcode. My goal is to store a program in a image file, and have another program read and run the code with arguments in memory.

Currently I can store a program in a image file, then read it back to the hard-drive run it normally then delete it when it's done running, but I'm worried someone could undelete the program.

---------- Post updated at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:23 PM ----------

Tried the following code, the shellcode prints a string in argc < 2 or prints argv[1] if there is an argument. Code bellow.

Code:
unsigned char shellcode[] = 
"\xeb\x0d\x5e\x31\xc9\xb1\x3f\x80\x36\x02\x46\xe2\xfa\xeb\x05\xe8\xee\xff\xff\xff\x57\x8b\xe7\x81\xee\x12\x81\x7f\x0a\x03\x7c\x1e\x89\x47\x0e\x89\x4a\x06\xba\x06\x02\x02\x02\x8b\xc0\x51\xb9\x03\x02\x02\x02\xcf\x82\x59\x33\xc2\xcb\xc1\x64\x92\x8f\x4f\xfe\xba\x06\x02\x02\x02\x8b\xc0\x51\xb9\x03\x02\x02\x02\xcf\x82\x59\x33\xc2\xcb\xc1";

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) 
{
    int (*func)(int, char**) = shellcode;
    (*func) (argc, argv);
}

when compiled it gets an warning,
Code:
test.c.tst.c:6:29: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

and segfaults when resulting program is run.

shellcode is genorated with shellforge using code bellow.
Code:
#include "include/sfsyscall.h"

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    char string[5]="NEA\n";

if ( argc < 2 )
    {
        write(1,string,sizeof(string));
    }else{
        write(1,argv[1], sizeof(argv[1]));
    }

return(0);
}

Last edited by pludi; 06-08-2011 at 07:04 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing arguments

I'm trying to pass a filename, or all the files in the current directory to the ls command with a script. Unsuccessful so far, here are a few of my attempts: #!/bin/ksh read fname #if (( $# > 0 )); then $fname | ls -l #fi this produces a long listing of all the files in my current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpprial
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing strings as arguments

Is it possible to pass a string as an argument from the command line? I know I can pass a word in but can I put a line of text in with spaces and fullstops or do I just put it in brackets or quotes so the compiler can differinate between the first argument and the second. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iago
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Arguments-Help

Hi, I have a script which adds the user credentials to an ldap server. Im passing the variables as below.. /path/my_script $uname $pwd $environ ${deposit} If i enter some special characters like ';' in $pwd, script returns an error which is set to display if the user enters... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing arguments

Hi I have a script to which I pass multiple arguments, for example lets say the script name is "abc". I run the script like ./abc def /file <directory location> In the above "def" is the first argument and "/file" is the second argument. I expect <directory location> that is passed after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zmfcat1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to the subshell

I have a shell script which is invoked by passing an argument. The outer shell script calls another subshell and I want the argument passed down to flow down to the subshell. E.g Invoking a shell ======>> abc_refresh.ksh NM Below is the content of abc_refresh.ksh Value1=$1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mihirjani
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing arguments

I need to pass arguments to a shell script.My batch is calling some java program. ################# x=$1 y=$2 java -classpath program ################### if first parameter and second parameter is null then java -classpath program if first parameter is not null and second parameter is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnjx
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to csh

I have noticed this thing using csh when passing arguments Suppose I call a csh script using ../Scripts/plot-model.csh -vmod="npt02-z30.vmod" -R="0/80/0/30" -c="0/4.5" -aspr="1:10" Somehow the " get removed when doing $argv ending up with -vmod=npt02-z30.vmod... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments to python

How can I pass arguments to a python script??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a string and passing passing arguments to a while loop

I have an for loop that reads the following file cat param.cfg val1:env1:opt1 val2:env2:opt2 val3:env3:opt3 val4:env4:opt4 . . The for loop extracts the each line of the file so that at any one point, the value of i is val1:env1:opt1 etc... I would like to extract each... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing arguments--Error

Hi, i have a file.txt with data Bangalore Chennai Hyd filename of the script is: new.sh result=`cat file.txt | grep $1` if then echo pass else echo fail fi i am executing the file in the cmd line as "sh new.sh Bangalore" o/p is pass if i give "sh new.sh delhi" o/p is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
6 Replies
Tk_Main(3)						       Tk Library Procedures							Tk_Main(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_Main - main program for Tk-based applications SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> Tk_Main(argc, argv, appInitProc) ARGUMENTS
int argc (in) Number of elements in argv. char *argv[] (in) Array of strings containing command-line arguments. Tcl_AppInitProc *appInitProc (in) Address of an application-specific initialization procedure. The value for this argument is usually Tcl_AppInit. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_Main acts as the main program for most Tk-based applications. Starting with Tk 4.0 it is not called main anymore because it is part of the Tk library and having a function main in a library (particularly a shared library) causes problems on many systems. Having main in the Tk library would also make it hard to use Tk in C++ programs, since C++ programs must have special C++ main functions. Normally each application contains a small main function that does nothing but invoke Tk_Main. Tk_Main then does all the work of creating and running a wish-like application. When it is has finished its own initialization, but before it processes commands, Tk_Main calls the procedure given by the appInitProc argument. This procedure provides a "hook" for the application to perform its own initialization, such as defining application-specific commands. The procedure must have an interface that matches the type Tcl_AppInitProc: typedef int Tcl_AppInitProc(Tcl_Interp *interp); AppInitProc is almost always a pointer to Tcl_AppInit; for more details on this procedure, see the documentation for Tcl_AppInit. KEYWORDS
application-specific initialization, command-line arguments, main program Tk 4.0 Tk_Main(3)