Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Problem with email mailman in Ubuntu Post 302528643 by DGPickett on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 02:58:23 PM
Old 06-07-2011
Can you send it with mailx? Might be outside.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Ubuntu

Dial up problem with ubuntu

My current hardware config is: Processor 1.85 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP 64 kilobyte primary memory cache 512 kilobyte secondary memory cache HDS722540VLAT20 (41.17 GB) -- C BENQ DVD DD DW1650 -- E JLMS XJ-HD166S -- D 3.5" format removeable media -- A Main Circuit Board Board:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
1 Replies

2. Programming

problem with eclipse in ubuntu

hello I did install eclipse in ubuntu when I run it its gives me the following message The custom VM you have chosen is not a valid executable. I don't now how to fix it could you please help me with that Problem Solved Thanks All (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vip_a1
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Driver problem with Ubuntu 10.10

I have a Dell laptop with Ubuntu 10.10 installed in it. The headphone driver is not supportive in my system but it works really well with other laptops like HP. So my question is that does Ubuntu 10.10 in Dell does not work? Moreover, if i upgrade my system later with 11.04, will the problem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: poonam.gaigole
8 Replies

4. Solaris

mailman installation error during make install

I have problem installing mailman 2.5 onto Solaris10 sparc. During make instal, the error message I got is as follows. .././install-sh -c -m 755 mailman /usr/local/mailman/scripts .././install-sh -c -m 644 sitelist.cfg /var/mailman/data if ; \ then \ rm -rf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchoe
0 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Send Email from command line in Ubuntu 11.10

Have problem to send email from command line according to the posts like this one: To have the ability to send email from the command line, you will need to install the mailutils and postfix packages with the following commands. apt-get install mailutils apt-get install postfix Now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NR awk problem on Ubuntu

awk 'NR> 92239 && NR<= 92279' /usr/appplications/access.log is there a reason why the above command isn't working on kubuntu? when i run it, i get nothing back. just the prompt. i should see the lines OS: 3.8.0-19-generic #30-Ubuntu SMP and yes, there are over 92279 lines in the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Email not working on Ubuntu

Hello, I 'm getting following error in my mail log for the email i 'm sending to outside domain. Not able to figure out what is the issue. Can anyone please help me on this. wrong answer on RCPT TO "550 5.1.1 <xxxxxxx@microsoft.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive562
3 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to Build an Email Server on Ubuntu Linux?

hi there ! how SSH into my Ubuntu server to Build or Send an Email? is it true to use iRedMail? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fns4565
1 Replies
MHMAIL(1)                                                            [nmh-1.5]                                                           MHMAIL(1)

NAME
mhmail - send or read mail SYNOPSIS
mhmail [addrs ...] [-body text] [-cc addrs ...] [-from addr] [-subject subject] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
mhmail is intended as a replacement for the standard Berkeley mail program (mail or mailx), which is compatible with nmh. This program is intended for the use of programs such as cron, which expect to send mail automatically to various users. It is also used by various nmh commands to mail various error notifications. Although mhmail can be used interactively, it is recommended that comp and send be used instead to send messages. When invoked without arguments, it simply invokes inc to incorporate new messages from the user's maildrop. When one or more users is specified, a message is read from the standard input and spooled to a temporary file. mhmail then invokes post with the name of the tempo- rary file as its argument to deliver the message to the specified user. The -subject subject switch can be used to specify the "Subject:" field of the message. By default, mhmail will read the message to be sent from the standard input. You can specify the text of the message at the command line with the -body text switch. If the standard input has zero length, mhmail will not send the message. You can use the switch -body "" to force an empty message. Normally, addresses appearing as arguments are put in the "To:" field. If the -cc switch is used, all addresses following it are placed in the "cc:" field. By using -from addr, you can specify the "From:" header of the draft. Naturally, post will fill-in the "Sender:" header correctly. FILES
/usr/bin/mh/inc Program to incorporate maildrop into folder /usr/lib/mh/post Program to deliver a message /tmp/mhmail* Temporary copy of message SEE ALSO
inc(1), post(8) DEFAULTS
None CONTEXT
If inc is invoked, then inc's context changes occur. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 MHMAIL(1)