Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Calling commands with ksh
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Calling commands with ksh Post 302528370 by krishnaux on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 04:17:47 AM
Old 06-07-2011
MySQL

Thanks very much !! this is what i was looking for and it works Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl calling unix system commands

if ( system ("/bin/cat $File1 >> $File2") ) { print("#WARNING RAISED : /bin/cat File1 >> File2 - FAILURE!\n"); } I came across this code, would appreciate if someone can tell me if my understanding is correct? the perl code tell the system to cat file 1 into file 2, if command fails, print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling a PL/SQL stored procedure from KSH

Hi I have a stored procedure which should be called from KSH. Could ayone please help me with this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BlAhEr
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling GDB commands from Shell

Hi, I have just started off with the shell programming. I need to execute a GDB command from a shell script. I have been trying to get this working from quite sometime but not getting it quite right.I have this specific requirement that i read byte data from a file and write that data to the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsantosh
0 Replies

4. Programming

calling UNIX commands C/C++

hi Guys, I am planning to write a program which can be able to execute scripts/commands which needs a user to be root. Note: we are not interested to use sudoers option. .e.g. The requirement can be explaind as: A normal UNIX system user cannot execute above command(veritas cluster... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling two procedures from one ksh ???

Hi to all, This is first posting in this forum. I quite new to this KSH....i guess i ll have some fun...:) Well, I have two indivdual korn shell scripts. i m calling PL/SQL stored procedure from korn shell script. It works absolutely fine. Once its completed the log is updated and data is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shashi369
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling jar file from ksh

Hi, I have a below command in ksh .... $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -cp "/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/lib:/usr/java/javajar/common/sched.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14_g.jar:/usr/orabase/product/10.2.0/jdbc/lib/classes12.jar" com.abrt.smart.Smart I want to know where the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PRKS
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Function in KSH

I have a script with 2 functions 1) show_menu 2) create Ths show_menu function works fine....... Sort of.... When I select option 2 of the menu the code does a few commands and then calls another function called create. It's at this point that I get "create: not found"..... However,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hxman
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Oracle (11gr2) calling unix commands (aix)

I have an Oracle database running on AIX, and I have a procedure that is calling OS commands from an oracle (and it's not working anymore)... so, there was an Java stored proc in Oracle CREATE OR REPLACE AND RESOLVE JAVA SOURCE NAMED COMMON."Host" as import java.io.*; public class Host {... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bongo
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling perl commands in shell

i have four commands 1. perl -MCPAN -e shell 2. o conf prerequisites_policy follow 3. o conf commit 4. exit I am attempting to streamline a bunch of yum commands and cpan installations and want to remove the confirmation portion of the cpan these four commands will do just that. my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphybr
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Calling subscript with sh vs. ksh

I ran into an issue today that I was able to resolve, but I don't quite understand why the resolution worked. I'm wondering if anyone can help me make sense of it. I have a "kicker" script that calls 4 subscripts on a RHEL 6.9 server. It calls the scripts in sequence checking for a 0 exit code... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: derndingle
5 Replies
times(1)							   User Commands							  times(1)

NAME
times - shell built-in function to report time usages of the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh times ksh times DESCRIPTION
sh Print the accumulated user and system times for processes run from the shell. ksh Print the accumulated user and system times for the shell and for processes run from the shell. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ksh(1), sh(1), time(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 times(1)