Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To convert file with decimal to another file with Hexadecimal Post 302528345 by mathie on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 03:40:07 AM
Old 06-07-2011
To convert file with decimal to another file with Hexadecimal

I have a text file of alphanumeric values listed one by one. I have to convert them to hexadecimal equivalents for each character seperated by ":" in Unix bash shell script. For example, 12345678 has to be converted to 31:32:33:34:35:36:37:38

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert hexadecimal to decimal base

Hello ! Does anyone knows how can I convert hexadecimal to decimal base in the ksh or csh script ?? Thanks ! Witt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: witt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decimal to Hexadecimal conversion

Hi frnds :) I need a small help... I have a very long file containing 20 digits decimal number which i want to convert into the corresponding 16 digit hexadecimal values. File looks like.... 11908486672755551741 05446378739602232559 04862605079740156652 . . . I tried the script for i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need script to convert number in hexadecimal

hi , i need a script to convert number into hexadecimal base for example: 237=>ED it s very important for me thank you in advance for you help (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mips
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hexadecimal to Decimal

Hi all, I have a small script to convert my HexaDecimal Input to Decimal as output. #!/bin/ksh hd=00208060 dec=`printf %d $hd` echo $dec Output of the above program: printf: 00208060 not completely converted 16 But my expected output is "2130016". How can i acheive this. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL:How to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File?

Is there any way to convert numeric values txt file to PACKED DECIMAL File using PERL. Regards, Alok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aloktiwary
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK conversion of hexadecimal input to decimal output via printf, I am close I can feel it

I have searched and the answers I have found thus far have led me to this point, so I feel I am just about there. I am trying to convert a column of hexadecimal to decimal values so that I can filter out via grep just the data I want. I was able to pull my original 3 character hex value and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: PCGameGuy
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a file containing hex code to decimal using script?

The file contains code like the below and need to convert each one into a decimal 00 00 00 04 17 03 06 01 So the output should come as 0 0 0 4 23 3 6 1 (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
24 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert hexadecimal value in decimal value

hi all, this is my script: #! /bin/sh minutes=$( { i2cget -f -y 0 0x51 3; } 2>&1 ) minutes=${minutes:2} hour=$( { i2cget -f -y 0 0x51 4; } 2>&1 ) hour=${hour:2} day=$( { i2cget -f -y 0 0x51 5; } 2>&1 ) day=${day:2} month=$( { i2cget -f -y 0 0x51 7; } 2>&1 ) month=${month:2} ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
6 Replies

9. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert hexadecimal value to decimal value

Hi All, cat filename | awk '{print $1, $2, $4, $5, $6, $7, $8, $9, $10;}' | awk 'NF > 0' OUTPUT: 2015-01-19 00:12:32 00000000fbfa0000 000000009ae5cf80 014d 015d 0017 003c 0362de20 2015-01-19 00:13:52 00000000fc820000 00000000994c6758 014c 015d 000b 003c 08670250 2015-01-19 00:14:25... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
12 Replies
SYSPROFILE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     SYSPROFILE(8)

NAME
sysprofile - modular centralized shell configuration DESCRIPTION
sysprofile is a generic approach to configure shell settings in a modular and centralized way mostly aimed at avoiding work for lazy sysad- mins. It has only been tested to work with the bash shell. It basically consists of the small /etc/sysprofile shell script which invokes other small shell scripts having a .bash suffix which are contained in the /etc/sysprofile.d/ directory. The system administrator can drop in any script he wants without any naming convention other than that the scripts need to have a .bash suffix to enable automagic sourcing by /etc/sysprofile. This mechanism is set up by inserting a small shell routine into /etc/profile for login shells and optionally into /etc/bashrc and/or /etc/bash.bashrc for non-login shells from where the actual /etc/sysprofile script is invoked: if [ -f /etc/sysprofile ]; then . /etc/sysprofile fi For using "sysprofile" under X11, one can source it in a similar way from /etc/X11/Xsession or your X display manager's Xsession file to provide the same shell environment as under the console in X11. See the example files in /usr/share/doc/sysprofile/ for illustration. For usage of terminal emulators with a non-login bash shell under X11, take care to enable sysprofile via /etc/bash.bashrc. If not set this way, your terminal emulators won't come up with the environment defined by the scripts in /etc/sysprofile.d/. Users not wanting /etc/sysprofile to be sourced for their environment can easily disable it's automatic mechanism. It can be disabled by simply creating an empty file called $HOME/.nosysprofile in the user's home directory using e.g. the touch(1) command. Any single configuration file in /etc/sysprofile.d/ can be overridden by any user by creating a private $HOME/.sysprofile.d/ directory which may contain a user's own version of any configuration file to be sourced instead of the system default. It's names have just to match exactly the system's default /etc/sysprofile.d/ configuration files. Empty versions of these files contained in the $HOME/.syspro- file.d/ directory automatically disable sourcing of the system wide version. Naturally, users can add and include their own private script inventions to be automagically executed by /etc/sysprofile at login time. OPTIONS
There are no options other than those dictated by shell conventions. Anything is defined within the configuration scripts themselves. SEE ALSO
The README files and configuration examples contained in /etc/sysprofile.d/ and the manual pages bash(1), xdm(1x), xdm.options(5), and wdm(1x). Recommended further reading is everything related with shell programming. If you need a similar mechanism for executing code at logout time check out the related package syslogout(8) which is a very close compan- ion to sysprofile. BUGS
sysprofile in its current form is mainly restricted to bash(1) syntax. In fact it is actually a rather embarrassing quick and dirty hack than anything else - but it works. It serves the practical need to enable a centralized bash configuration until something better becomes available. Your constructive criticism in making this into something better" is very welcome. Before i forget to mention it: we take patches... ;-) AUTHOR
sysprofile was developed by Paul Seelig <pseelig@debian.org> specifically for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Feel free to port it to and use it anywhere else under the conditions of either the GNU public license or the BSD license or both. Better yet, please help to make it into something more worthwhile than it currently is. SYSPROFILE(8)