Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Can not connect to 389-ds via 389-console Post 302528333 by majid.merkava on Tuesday 7th of June 2011 03:18:05 AM
Old 06-07-2011
iptables is completely disabled.
what do you mean by:
Quote:
Is your system actually called ldap.example.com?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

console /dev/console get image

We are using software (Pegasys) which runs on SunOS 5.8 and reads images from a Philips nuclear camera. The software is designed to run from the console. I need to be able to capture the images it produces on the display. The caveat is that I cannot use the X Windows display because the X Server... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreyes27
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to Linux remote console using VNC brings up blank console screen with only mouse pointer

:confused:Hi This was installed on the Linux box a few weeks back by a guy that no longer works for us. All worked fine until last week. Now when we connect its just a blank screen with no icons. I get a whole bunch of errors when starting the service too: Tue Feb 23 14:29:45 2010 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Problem LDAP 389-ds

Hello I have install directory server but i can't change the password of user!!! I have used this command: # ldappasswd -x -D "cn=directory manager" -W "uid=xxxxx,ou=xxxx,dc=xxx,dc=xx" -S New password: Re-enter new password: Enter LDAP Password: Result: Confidentiality... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: falagar81
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

x0vncserver consume 100% resources when view connect to display 0(console)

Hi I would like to ask if someone has suffer and solve the case of vnc server conf running on a solaris system. The x0vncserver consume a 100 percent of resources when the vnc viewer connect to a console display 0. but ok when we connect to a Xvnc server with display :1. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Remote Connect Fail With “No more multiple IP addresses to connect” Error

We have a production server at a client site running AIX. And recently when users are trying to connect to it via telnet, it prompts "No more multiple IP addresses to connect". Can I know what does this error mean? and how to rectify this? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_sim
2 Replies

6. Linux

Ssh authentication using 389 Directory server

I am trying LDAP authentication for users logged in CentOS by PAM. Also I have disabled(off) nsslapd-anonymous-access flag to restrict anonymous access by providing the binddn and bindpw. I have changed binddn and bindpw in /etc/ldap.conf for PAM to bind with LDAP to authenticate user. ie) When... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shri_22ram
1 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

When i start CSF i cant connect VPS or download any data into it It appears i cant connect Linux VP?

It appears i cant connect linux VPS server via SSH or i cant SCP any file to it and i cant wget any file TO it (from inside it) while CSF (Config Server Firewall, LFD is running. Just after isntall in default configuration and after changing TESTING mode to LIVE mode. Trying to wget & install... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connect direct - SFTP - List of servers that I can connect

Greetings Experts, I am working for a bank client and have a question on connect-direct and SFTP. We are using Linux RedHat servers. We use connect-direct to transfer (NDM) files from one server to another server. At times, we manually transfer the files using SFTP from one server to another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
LDAP_CONNECT(3) 							 1							   LDAP_CONNECT(3)

ldap_connect - Connect to an LDAP server

SYNOPSIS
resource ldap_connect NULL ([string $hostname], [int $port = 389]) DESCRIPTION
Establishes a connection to a LDAP server on a specified $hostname and $port. PARAMETERS
o $hostname - If you are using OpenLDAP 2.x.x you can specify a URL instead of the hostname. To use LDAP with SSL, compile OpenLDAP 2.x.x with SSL support, configure PHP with SSL, and set this parameter as ldaps://hostname/. o $port - The port to connect to. Not used when using URLs. RETURN VALUES
Returns a positive LDAP link identifier on success, or FALSE on error. When OpenLDAP 2.x.x is used, ldap_connect(3) will always return a resource as it does not actually connect but just initializes the connecting parameters. The actual connect happens with the next calls to ldap_* funcs, usually with ldap_bind(3). If no arguments are specified then the link identifier of the already opened link will be returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Example of connecting to LDAP server. <?php // LDAP variables $ldaphost = "ldap.example.com"; // your ldap servers $ldapport = 389; // your ldap server's port number // Connecting to LDAP $ldapconn = ldap_connect($ldaphost, $ldapport) or die("Could not connect to $ldaphost"); ?> Example #2 Example of connecting securely to LDAP server. <?php // make sure your host is the correct one // that you issued your secure certificate to $ldaphost = "ldaps://ldap.example.com/"; // Connecting to LDAP $ldapconn = ldap_connect($ldaphost) or die("Could not connect to {$ldaphost}"); ?> SEE ALSO
ldap_bind(3). PHP Documentation Group LDAP_CONNECT(3)