Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity How to access private IP address? Post 302528111 by Corona688 on Monday 6th of June 2011 12:19:12 PM
Old 06-06-2011
If you had a machine with a genuine external IP on some other service, you could set up a VPN server (perhaps with openvpn) to bridge them both. Both connect to this server, and then they could communicate with each other through it. (A VPN frequently acts like just another local private subnet, once it's operating. Ours is 172.16.x.x)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Restricting access to a machine by IP Address

I have a need to allow only certain IP addresses to access a machine running solaris 9. I am not sure how this can be accomplished. Thanks in advance for your help. Patch (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patch
2 Replies

2. Programming

Cannot access memory at address 0x8

Hi All I have a structure pointer and setting that pointer as NULL. When i tried to access the elements in the structure i am getting the error message. "Cannot access memory at address 0x8". This i tried in LINUX. When the same program is tried thro UNIX (HP-UX), i am not getting the message... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkraj
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can kernel process access user address space ?

Can kernel process access user address space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subhotech
2 Replies

4. Linux

Block RSH access by IP address

Hi All i need to use RSH ( i can hear you all banging your head against a wall ) but i want to block a certain IP address from access my machine via RSH, is there way to do this thanks A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Restrict XWindows Server Access by IP Address

We want to disable graphical logins on our Solaris 10(64bit sparc )boxes, but I haven't found any information on how to do it via google. Most likely I am using the wrong search terms (i've been looking for "xdmcp" and "x11" "disable") . While looking through the output of "svcs -a | grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: the.gooch
3 Replies

6. AIX

Switch Port Becoming Private & restricting access

Hello folks, I have an AIX server that is connected to a storage array via a Brocade switch using 4 ports from either side. The zoning is done such that there are 4 paths visible from the server to the storage. My work involves frequent disabling or enabling the switch ports that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkiran
1 Replies

7. AIX

Generate Private IPv4 address..

Hi, I wanted to generate IPv4 address that communicates between client and server that dumps packets into machines.. Please help with the steps.. Am daemon new to networking.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Plan to Restrict RSS Access by IP Address

Hello Everyone, We plan to restrict all RSS news feed access soon based on IP address. This means that if you have a website or application that using our site RSS feeds, you can still do it; but your must register you site in this thread. So please reply with your IP address of your server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Register Here to Permit RSS Access by IP Address

Hello Everyone, We now (only) permit access to our RSS news feed access based on IP address. This means that if you have a website or application that using our site RSS feeds, you can still do it; but your must register you site in this thread. So please reply with your IP address of your... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
9 Replies
GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)					      General Commands Manual					      GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)

NAME
gnunet-nat-server - help GNUnet setup test network setup with NAT SYNOPSIS
gnunet-nat-server [options] PORT DESCRIPTION
Normal GNUnet end-users should not concern themselves with gnunet-nat-server. In fact, distributions are encouraged to consider not ship- ping it at all. Running gnunet-nat-server's is similar to running hostlist servers: it is a special service to the community with special requirements and no benefit to those running the service. This program will listen on the specified PORT for incoming requests to test a peer's network connectivity. Incoming requests can ask it to connect to a given IPv4 address (and port) using TCP or UDP and to send a 2-byte test message using the specified address. The program can also be asked to send a "fake" ICMP response message to a given IPv4 address (for autonomous NAT traversal --- see the description in the respective research paper). The idea is that gnunet-nat-server will be run on some trusted hosts with unrestricted connectivity to allow GNUnet users to test their network configuration. As written, the code allows any user on the Internet to cause the gnunet-nat-server to send 2-bytes of arbitrary data to any TCP or UDP port at any address. We believe that this is generally harmless. When running gnunet-nat-server, make sure to use a configuration that disables most NAT options but enables 'enable_nat_client' and sets 'internal_address' to the global IP address of your local host. Also, the gnunet-helper-nat-client should be installed locally and run with root privileges (SUID), otherwise the gnunet-nat-server will not work properly. Note that gnunet-nat-server could be run via gnunet-arm but typically is not. Also, the name of the host and port that gnunet-nat-server is run on should be specified in the NATSERVER option in the [setup] section of the configuration file of hosts that are supposed to auto- configure with this server. OPTIONS
-c FILENAME, --config=FILENAME Use the configuration file FILENAME. BUGS
Report bugs by using Mantis <https://gnunet.org/bugs/> or by sending electronic mail to <gnunet-developers@gnu.org> SEE ALSO
gnunet-transport(1) GNUnet 25 Feb 2012 GNUNET-NAT-SERVER(1)