Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Argument in Linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Argument in Linux Post 302527195 by fpmurphy on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 07:08:16 PM
Old 06-02-2011
Neither ln, cp or mv take just one argument.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

argument help

if i have 2 arguments $1 and $2 how can i append them so that $2 is added to $1? It is really confusing me because it seems so simple, yet i can't get the shell script to work properly. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brentdeback
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find the last argument in a argument line?

How to find the last argument in a argument line? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehagupta2008
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot compare argument in if statement in csh/grep command if argument starts with “-“

If ($argv == “-debug”) then Echo “in loop” Endif But this is not working. If I modify this code and remove “-“, then it works. Similarly I am getting problem using grep command also Grep “-debug” Filename Can someone please help me on how to resolve these... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

argument

Im sorry but I'm in need of help. How would I give the user the option to include the name of an html file as an arugment for the script? but if none is provided, then the script should prompt the user for the file name. I have sed 's/<*>//g' yourfile.html | uniq >newfile.txt so far I have... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: clicstic
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to pass argument

Hi, I need to pass the argument in my shell script as db_ubackup20111015*.log Scenario: I have backup log file location in /home/backup directory (more than 40 days). I need to check the log file of the latest one (tail . a. How I can retrieve the latest value other than passing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make script that run with argument if not run from configuration file argument

Hello, Is there any method thorugh which script can take argument if pass otherwise if argument doesn't pass then it takes the argument from the configuration file i.e I am workiing on a script which will run through crontab and the script will chekout the code ,zip and copy to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error:--test: argument expected--Even though i give an argument.

Hi All, I am running the script VBoxManage list vms |sed 's/"//g' | cut -d " " -f1 > har1out.mytxt result=`cat har1out.mytxt | grep $1' echo $result echo $1 { if then echo pass else echo fail fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harsha85
2 Replies

9. Programming

Java argument help

Hello All, I have the following code, package com.java.tutorial.examples; import java.io.BufferedReader; import java.io.BufferedWriter; import java.io.FileNotFoundException; import java.io.FileReader; import java.io.FileWriter; import java.io.IOException; public class Swapping {... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Mount error in Linux: invalid argument

hi i have an android phone which i think is bricked, so wanted to see what the actual issue is, I flashed it with TWRP recovery image and launched terminal i, was able understand that mount is not happening, it says invalid argument and no such file or directory. Below is what i get while... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanz143
32 Replies
usual(n)							     [incr Tk]								  usual(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
usual - access default option-handling commands for a mega-widget component SYNOPSIS
usual ?tag? ?commands? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The usual command is used outside of an [incr Tcl] class definition to define the usual set of option-handling commands for a component widget. Option-handling commands are used when a component is registered with the Archetype base class via the "itk_component add" method. They specify how the component's configuration options should be integrated into the composite option list for the mega-widget. Options can be kept, renamed, or ignored, as described in the Archetype man page. It is tedious to include the same declarations again and again whenever components are added. The usual command allows a standard code fragment to be registered for each widget class, which is used by default to handle the options. All of the standard Tk widgets have usual declarations defined in the [incr Tk] library. Similar usual declarations should be created whenever a new mega-widget class is conceived. Only the most-generic options should be included in the usual declaration. The tag name is usually the name of a widget class, which starts with a capital letter; however, any string registered here can be used later with the usual command described on the Archetype man page. If the commands argument is specified, it is associated with the tag string, and can be accessed later via itk_component add. If only the tag argument is specified, this command looks for an existing tag name and returns the commands associated with it. If there are no commands associated with tag, this command returns the null string. If no arguments are specified, this command returns a list of all tag names previously registered. EXAMPLE
Following is the usual declaration for the standard Tk button widget: itk::usual Button { keep -background -cursor -foreground -font keep -activebackground -activeforeground -disabledforeground keep -highlightcolor -highlightthickness rename -highlightbackground -background background Background } Only the options that would be common to all buttons in a single mega-widget are kept or renamed. Options like "-text" that would be unique to a particular button are ignored. KEYWORDS
itk, Archetype, component, mega-widget itk 3.0 usual(n)