Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting loop directories mv files to target in range Post 302527114 by panyam on Thursday 2nd of June 2011 12:35:20 PM
Old 06-02-2011
This worked for me

Code:

i=1
        j=24
        while [ $i -le $j ];
        do
        FILES=`find . -name tem"$i" -type f | xargs ls -l | grep Jun  | awk '{print $NF}'`
         mv $FILES ../
        i=`expr $i + 1`
        done

Regards
Ravi

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to loop through all files and directories.

I'm trying to write a script that will loop through all files and directories down from a path I give it, and change the permissions and ACL. I was able to do the obvious way and change the files and folders on the same level as teh path...but I need it to continue on deeper into the file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheetobandito
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop through directories to touch files

Hi, Please help me on this. Suppose i have the following directory structure. /app/data /app/data/eng /app/data/med /app/data/bsc each of the directories data,data/eng,data/med,data/bsc holds files with date extension like a.20081230 b.20081230 and so on I need a script to loop... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sussane
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sometimes my until loop misses it's target

Hello all, I wrote a quick function (alarm) in my bash_profile (in cygwin) for practice. It uses until loops to wait for a specified time, and once that time passes triggers a play on a mp3. Most of the time it works, however sometimes it seems like it's looping through too slowly and will miss... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to move files in different directories

Hi, I have various log files in different paths. e.g. a/b/c/d/e/server.log a/b/c/d/f/server.log a/b/c/d/g/server.log a/b/c/h/e/server.log a/b/c/h/f/server.log a/b/c/h/g/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log a/b/c/i/e/server.log and above these have an archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: acc01
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop through Sub Directories and search for set of files

I have the below directory in unix environment /home/bkup/daily: ls -lrt drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 12 18:21 20110112/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 13 17:06 20110113/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user 256 Jan 14 16:44 20110114/ drwxrwx--x 2 user user ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannarajesh
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

For Loop Range Create Directories

Hello, I am a bit stumped on this. I am attempting to create 24 empty directories with a loop. Seems like I have incorrect syntax. When I run the following command I get the error below. Command $ for i in {2..24}; do mkdir $i_MAY_2011 ; doneError x 24 mkdir: missing operand Try `mkdir... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysunn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script to compare directories and delete files on target server

Hello, I need help in writing the shell script for below mentioned case. There are 2 servers(server A, server B). A cronjob syncs files between these 2 servers. Existing script is copying files from A to B. This is done using the command rsync. However, the files are not deleted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SravaniVedam11
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop over certain user directories and find files

Hello I have user directories that contain /temp directory. Example folders: /user1/temp/ /user2/temp/ /user3/temp/ How can i loop over all user directories and find all files only in their /temp folder? Thanks a lot for help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flavius42
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Automate splitting of files , scp files as each split completes and combine files on target server

i use the split command to split a one terabyte backup file into 10 chunks of 100 GB each. The files are split one after the other. While the files is being split, I will like to scp the files one after the other as soon as the previous one completes, from server A to Server B. Then on server B ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move several files into specific directories with a loop

Hello, I'm a first time poster looking for help in scripting a task in my daily routine. I am new in unix but i am attracted to its use as a mac user. Bear with me... I have several files (20) that I manually drag via the mouse into several named directories over a network. I've used rsync... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: SonnyClark
14 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)